Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 12-23-2009, 05:23 AM   #15
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
LOL, we don't need to deregester, or take any plates off

In Quebec, we have to renew our registrations on an annual basis ( the month of renewal depends on the first letter of your last name ), it just so happens that mine is always due on December 1. I don't register, I simply put the car in " Storage ". This allows me to defer the payment until I put the car back in use ( April ), and so I only pay for the next 8 months.

Not sure about the HST..... From my last purchase, I'm still paying GST ( 5%), and PST ( 7% )
Oh ok then that's worst then Ontario. We too have to register the plates annually. $74 each year. But you can only buy full years - not less than a full year. The registration date is based on your birthday. Mine is August so it falls in the middle of the season. For cars the registration isn't so bad. What was bad was a bunch of years ago they went to the same system for snowmobiles. Paying $74 registration for 3 months of use really sucks. Oh well...

Quebec has QST which is an HST model (Harmonized). What it means is that before HST there is not GST on some items. Or, there is special GST rebate programs for certain items (e.g. first time home buyers can get a GST rebate on their first house (subject to a maximum). With an HST system this is no longer true. We will now pay GST (5%) and PST (7%) on absolutely everything that is subject to sales tax. Might not be so bad on a bag of chips. But it adds up. And imagine the impact on first time home buyers!

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:08 AM   #16
camarorick

Drives: .
$74 for registration is awesome !!!.... We're paying $255, and if you have a motor larger than 4.0 liters, you pay even more ( additional $156 for 6.2L ).... One thing though, our insurance rates are MUCH lower than Ontario.

The taxes in this country SUCK
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #17
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
not sure bout that rick...only 700$ for my ss , ins 4 55k , with 5 yr repl cost

motor cycles however diff story in ont
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #18
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
well in june i had to pay 410$ for my plates. no storage.always on the road.. my trans am eat snow, salt you name it i hate it. we all get **** on those plates just another way of collecting taxes.
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:01 PM   #19
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
$74 for registration is awesome !!!.... We're paying $255, and if you have a motor larger than 4.0 liters, you pay even more ( additional $156 for 6.2L ).... One thing though, our insurance rates are MUCH lower than Ontario.

The taxes in this country SUCK

Passenger Vehicle 2009 2010 Amounts have been rounded off to make reading easier. They may vary depending on the situation. Insurance contribution $112 $113 Tax on insurance contribution $10 $10 Fees (for use of the road network) $104 $104 Contribution to public transit $30 $30 Charge $4 $4 Total cost $260 $261
Annual fee structure based on engine displacement Cylinder displacement (in litres) Fee ($) Cylinder displacement (in litres) Fee ($) * Vehicles with an engine capacity of 3.95 litres through 3.99 l are considered vehicles of 4.0 l and hundredths of litres are rounded off to the next highest tenth of a litre starting from .05 (ex.: 4.055 l is rounded off to 4.1 l). 4.0* 30 4.7 100 4.1 40 4.8 110 4.2 50 4.9 120 4.3 60 5.0 130 4.4 70 5.1 140 4.5 80 5.2 and more 150 4.6 90
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #20
camarorick

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro99 View Post
not sure bout that rick...only 700$ for my ss , ins 4 55k , with 5 yr repl cost

motor cycles however diff story in ont
Well, I guess you're right ! Being in Hawksbury, and not near the Toronto core does play a role..... You've also got age on your side too Chris ( ducks and hides )
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #21
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Well, I guess you're right ! Being in Hawksbury, and not near the Toronto core does play a role..... You've also got age on your side too Chris ( ducks and hides )
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #22
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Talking about age, its practiaclly rape for me lol But w.e, $585 a month is worth it. 50 years down the road, i can look back at myself and tell my grand kids that my first car was a Camaro
Montreal is still alot easier on insurance. My uncle pays pennies for his cars...ie Ferrari 360 Challenge, Mercedes ; E Class, R Class, CLS 550, H2, Ford Expedition....list goes on. His insurance payments for those is unreal, so cheap .
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #23
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
Well, winter has indeed arrived! I must report that my 2010 2LT has been quite amazing in the snow, slush and ice. The Stabilitrak/traction control, abs and posi-diff on a manual 6speed have performed admirably. I prefer it to my other cars, HondaFIT ToyotaEcho by a long shot!

I know I am driving this jem in the winter and many may cringe, but you know what? It's a car and I am driving it! I love it each time I get in it and permagrin is just plain good for my health cause it brings down my blood pressure, increases the dophamine released in my brain every time I just drive it! I look for excuses to go places as I work at HOME so there is no commute!

Need milk or cigarettes honey?

eB

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #24
sugar'n'spice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodriver View Post
Well, winter has indeed arrived! I must report that my 2010 2LT has been quite amazing in the snow, slush and ice. The Stabilitrak/traction control, abs and posi-diff on a manual 6speed have performed admirably. I prefer it to my other cars, HondaFIT ToyotaEcho by a long shot!

I know I am driving this gem in the winter and many may cringe, but you know what? It's a car and I am driving it! I love it each time I get in it and permagrin is just plain good for my health cause it brings down my blood pressure, increases the dophamine released in my brain every time I just drive it! I look for excuses to go places as I work at HOME so there is no commute!

Need milk or cigarettes honey?

eB

sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:17 AM   #25
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Winter officially arrives at 12:47 P.M. today
So you're asking yourself, "Why is he so happy?"
I'm so happy because this is the shortest day of the year, and from this day forward everyday will get longer. This positive outlook has to be maintained throughout the days of snow, and cold...we will eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel...SPRING!
Well, ACTUALLY () winter solstice arrived at 5:47pm GMT Dec. 21st, (which is after sundown) which means winter solstice (the longest day) fell on December 22nd this year. You were only off by a day. :party0048:

*cough*
Old 12-27-2009, 12:20 AM   #26
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Not sure about the HST..... From my last purchase, I'm still paying GST ( 5%), and PST ( 7% )
In Alberta, we don't have PST. So just 5% GST. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Makes buying cars and houses a LOT cheaper!!! I built a house and mortgaged it 2 months after the GST dropped to 5%. I like to remind my Ontario relatives that if I built it there, it would have cost $80,000 more. Whoa...
Old 12-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #27
Adane9669

Drives: 2010 RJ 2LT
Well in Port Alberni, BC we haven't had any snow yet, so I am still driving. Lucky me!!
Adane9669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #28
sugar'n'spice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adane9669 View Post
Well in Port Alberni, BC we haven't had any snow yet, so I am still driving. Lucky me!!
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote