Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Installed my heritage grill that I got from BeckyD. and painted my bottom T-Rex grill

Tell me how you like it. Yay, or nay..........???

I painted the entire bottom grill black except I left the top 2 louvers chromed.

I still am going to paint the hood spears on hopefully this next weekend. But let me know what you think. I'm not sure about the bottom grill. Finish painting it all black, leave it, or take it off???

Old 07-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Gorgeous.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
front end looks a little too busy for me... i like the heritage grill though
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I never give negative comments but since you asked, I'll endulge you this time. I generally take the stance that a person should do whatever they like since its their car and they're the ones who have to pay for it and live with it.

First off, I love the car! I love those wheels as I've seen them before and if I could afford them, I'd probably have a set on my RS. The other thing is I'm a big fan of the Heritage grill. I almost pulled the trigger on one and I too wasn't sure if I'd paint it RJT of leave it black if I got one, or a combination of maybe painting the shroud around the grill the color of the car and leave the part over the turn signal black. I don't know but I'm not really feeling the red on yours. I'm not sure what it is. I think a black car such as yours I would have either went black or a gun metal gray metallic and loose the chrome on the lower grill too. Again, I'm not criticizing your effort but you asked for opinions and you know what they say about opinions.
Anyway, you might save yourself some time, money and effort and use a pic of the car and photo shop it in various modes and come up with something that you might like better. Again, just a suggestion but I can't complain, cause you've obviously done more than I can ever do. I know being on other car sights guys would complain about other peoples mods simply because they had two lips and a tongue and the biggest mod they had done was bringing their car home from the dealership and parking in their parents driveway yet they had the nerve to offer up hate on someones mod. I never wake up and drink a glass a Hater-Aide to start my day so again, its about what YOU like.

Take care and keep the mods going.

Peace!
Old 07-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
I don't really care for it.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I never give negative comments but since you asked, I'll endulge you this time. I generally take the stance that a person should do whatever they like since its their car and they're the ones who have to pay for it and live with it.

First off, I love the car! I love those wheels as I've seen them before and if I could afford them, I'd probably have a set on my RS. The other thing is I'm a big fan of the Heritage grill. I almost pulled the trigger on one and I too wasn't sure if I'd paint it RJT of leave it black if I got one, or a combination of maybe painting the shroud around the grill the color of the car and leave the part over the turn signal black. I don't know but I'm not really feeling the red on yours. I'm not sure what it is. I think a black car such as yours I would have either went black or a gun metal gray metallic and loose the chrome on the lower grill too. Again, I'm not criticizing your effort but you asked for opinions and you know what they say about opinions.
Anyway, you might save yourself some time, money and effort and use a pic of the car and photo shop it in various modes and come up with something that you might like better. Again, just a suggestion but I can't complain, cause you've obviously done more than I can ever do. I know being on other car sights guys would complain about other peoples mods simply because they had two lips and a tongue and the biggest mod they had done was bringing their car home from the dealership and parking in their parents driveway yet they had the nerve to offer up hate on someones mod. I never wake up and drink a glass a Hater-Aide to start my day so again, its about what YOU like.

Take care and keep the mods going.

Peace!
I did the photoshops. I liked the orange on the black. Espec. since the interior had so much orange. And I'm a drive with the windows down guy. I was concerned about the orange on the black. In this case, I think the different orange on the spears and the grill are throwing me off a bit. But the spears are getting painted to match the grill.
I think it will pull it together well like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
front end looks a little too busy for me... i like the heritage grill though
At first I thought it was too busy too. It has grown on me for sure. When I first put my hood spears on my car I hated them. I already like the orange grill on here. Just not sure bout the bottom one. I may finish painting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMooreOH View Post
Looks great! The hood and grill really pull together well, also like the lower grill accent... Might check out the Silverstar 3457 turn signal bulbs, from head on mine do not have any orange tint (slight hint of orange from an angle).
Old 07-25-2010, 05:01 PM   #7
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Looks really great, I like it a lot.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Randy......That is the look. Right there, that looks Brilliant!
It's completely custom to YOUR car...and ties everything in great!

I'd leave it if I were you...but, like everything else...stick it out for a while, see how it 'feels'.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I like it.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #10
JKLNHYD
Defending the Nation...

Drives: '16 Summit White 2SS, A8, Sunroof
Nice and subtle...Looks great to me..

'16 2SS, A8, Sunroof, non-NPP
"SURSUM AB ORDINE"
JKLNHYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #11
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphWS6 View Post
I don't really care for it.
Oh ya, well it don't care for you then.......... I'm still debating. it in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Looks really great, I like it a lot.
Cool thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Randy......That is the look. Right there, that looks Brilliant!
It's completely custom to YOUR car...and ties everything in great!

I'd leave it if I were you...but, like everything else...stick it out for a while, see how it 'feels'.
Yup. That's it. Headers and exhaust go on in a couple weeks.

Like I said, I will have the stripes painted and I'm done. Only thing I might do is paint the top two louvers on the bottom grill so it would be all black. Not sure I like it.

BUT, I still have to do the back. lol From the photoshops you did.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I like it.
Black and orange. lol
Old 07-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #13
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
I'd tap that.

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #14
Americanmuscle11

Drives: car
Those Wheels look real good. What brand? I like the hood spears also, but the red grill doesn't flow with the rest of the car in my opinion. Should be black. It's your car though as long as you like it.
Americanmuscle11 is offline   Reply With Quote