Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-13-2024, 10:30 AM   #1
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
The XS Intake

Here is a new chart/article to read on this IM it says stocks but with a cam change doesnt say what cam but HP numbers are pretty high even just on a Engine Dyno.

https://performancedesign.us4.list-m...e&e=3c26e98ac3
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 04:20 PM   #2
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I'm reading that with a huge grain of salt....

The numbers for a LS3 (implied stock) with simply a cam change are extremely high.... Up the compression a bunch and add some good fuel and you might see that, and with "stock" heads, I doubt that....

They claim it's a "much larger" plenum, but then they stuff it full of velocity stacks and fuel rails. Kinda defeats the purpose... I bet there is still a high degree of "pulsing" pressure within the manifold... The fuel rails practically at the mouth of the velo stacks, and the hard angle bend into the stack... Put an O2 sensor on each exhaust port and let me know the A/F ratio changes from front to back at "high" RPM....

Without a lot more data, I find it all very sketchy and disingenuous. They dont mention the temp of the dyno room or the engine with the "stock" manifold. Did the ambient temperature, like the sun setting, occur between the "stock" pull and the new IM testing.

Lots of SALT with this article and the claims made....

If Ted J tests it and claims those numbers, I'll take it for what he says.... I would also have to see it survive 20 psi for any length of time before that claim is valid in my mind.... I have heard too many horror stories of the FAST intake blowing "seals" out at moderate boost levels.... I doubt 4 bolts down each side will hold much boost on a plastic manifold.... JMO

Too many intake companies make wild claims, but I understand them trying to peddle a product.....I'm all for a legitimate gain for the money, but too many questions for me on this one....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 09:26 AM   #3
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
I agree - the article is very thin on test details. 600 crank HP suggests a pretty healthy combination that will really stretch the limits of the factory intake and help the XS shine. I definitely see the potential in the intake, I'm looking forward to seeing more testing.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 11:07 AM   #4
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
If you look at the pictures you can see longtube headers, no intake and no belt for drive accessories. I think this intake is about equal with a Fast 102 or rod mod intake. It picked up 37hp at the crank. It is an impressive jump. Realistically I can see it picking up 10-15whp on that typical intake, cam, headers setup.