Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
Cops score a double

Near where I live there is a speedtrap. That is to say, there are almost always radar cops there. I have learned to obey the speed limit when driving this four blocks or so stretch. Today, as I'm driving thru, there are two cars pulled over and getting ticketed. Two Dodge Challengers. I suspect they have been doing a little street racing.
I shouldn't admit this, but in my youth, when I was driving Alfas, I used to suck guys into that trap, particulary Porsches. There's a stoplight that is downhill from the trap. I used to rev up the engine when stopped next to another sports car, and punch the gas when the light turned green. When I got near the top of the hill I would slam on the brakes as my opponent went flying by into the arms of the cops. Childish, but fun.
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
vincewalthers

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Aqua Blue Metallic
hahaha that is awesome. I would hate to be driving/racing into a speed trap trick like that
vincewalthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogey View Post
Near where I live there is a speedtrap. That is to say, there are almost always radar cops there. I have learned to obey the speed limit when driving this four blocks or so stretch. Today, as I'm driving thru, there are two cars pulled over and getting ticketed. Two Dodge Challengers. I suspect they have been doing a little street racing.
I shouldn't admit this, but in my youth, when I was driving Alfas, I used to suck guys into that trap, particulary Porsches. There's a stoplight that is downhill from the trap. I used to rev up the engine when stopped next to another sports car, and punch the gas when the light turned green. When I got near the top of the hill I would slam on the brakes as my opponent went flying by into the arms of the cops. Childish, but fun.
That is downright deceitful and mean. Hopefully it is something you grew out of as you matured.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
ORANGA2D

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
About 2 hours ago some lady in a honda CR-V thought I was driving too slow in my neighborhood and tried to pass me on a two way street. As soon as I saw her get into the on coming lane I speed up quick leaving her next to me with cars coming straight at her...sucks for her she almost caused a head on collision. I bet I made her pee alittle. (Don't worry guys im not that mean i saw how fast the other car was coming at her and slammed on my brakes so she could get in front of me but then i gave her the longest honk shes ever heard) Thats what happens when you mess with someone who was already going over the neighborhood speed limit.
whaaaaaaa...
ORANGA2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
KEEP RT
Wonderfully Awful Idea

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Karma is always watching.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #6
todrules
Rollin' Green

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post

About 2 hours ago some lady in a honda CR-V thought I was driving too slow in my neighborhood and tried to pass me on a two way street. As soon as I saw her get into the on coming lane I speed up quick leaving her next to me with cars coming straight at her...sucks for her she almost caused a head on collision. I bet I made her pee alittle. (Don't worry guys im not that mean i saw how fast the other car was coming at her and slammed on my brakes so she could get in front of me but then i gave her the longest honk shes ever heard) Thats what happens when you mess with someone who was already going over the neighborhood speed limit.
It's also illegal to speed up if somebody is trying to pass you. If she had gotten into a wreck, it would have been your fault.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:

I have forced people off the road for doing crap like this to me. Careful who you screw with on the roads. And leave the playground games on the playground.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
CamarosThree

Drives: 2010 SSRS 97 Camaro SS 1969 Camaro
Quote:

You really showed her. Your maturity really becomes you.
CamarosThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #9
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGA2D View Post
whaaaaaaa...
+1
Old 01-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
J3ff

Drives: 2002 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by todrules View Post
It's also illegal to speed up if somebody is trying to pass you. If she had gotten into a wreck, it would have been your fault.
People have been thrown in jail for this - especially when a death is caused.
J3ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #11
RipperFox
Grrr!!!

Drives: BLK/IOM '11 2SS/RS
I like to follow them home. Then park in front of their house for about 15 minutes, while pretending to talk on the phone, and while looking/pointing at their house. Gives them something to wonder about for a few weeks.
3. See rule #1
RipperFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #12
Oddball

Drives: attentively
Quote:

WHO(?) almost caused a head on collision?
Oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #13
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
someone had a post backfire in this thread.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #14
jimmyj333

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS Aqua Blue L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEP RT View Post
Karma is always watching.
Instant Karma.

I would have let that one go. Putting others in harms way!
jimmyj333 is offline   Reply With Quote