Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #15
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
Will I need endlinks on street tires (maybe INVOs) for autox & road course events?
Rogan,

With OE bars and endlinks track your car away. You have nothing to be concerned about. They were engineered to work with you car and tested by GM under the same conditions you will experience.

When you begin to upgrade your suspension the stronger aftermarket sway bars should be matched to endlinks. That is why Pedders 5th Gen sway bars come with OE quiet high efficiency endlinks.

Before you start with modifications for your 5th Gen and track use I suggest you take the time to read THE BOOK on 5th Gen Suspension. It is a very complete resource and available here on Camaro5.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #16
55Designs

Drives: 2010
Endlinks make a huge change on the Camaro I was blown away after i threw them in. we have Hochkiss ones which are really nice.

I just upgraded my sway bars on my 2010 CTS-V to huge bars from D3 but nobody makes endlinks and i honestly think without them I am not getting the full benefits of the bars.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #17
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
To echo the words of Chase, if you're tracking the car it's a great idea to upgrade your endlinks. It's really a matter of time before you bend the relatively weak stock pieces, especially if you upgrade to a stickier tire compound than stock.

All of our Sway Bar packages are now shipping with Rear Lower Control Arm reinforcement brackets for our customers piece of mind. And a uniquely redesigned endlink system to ensure quiet and efficient endlink operation is about to be released back to the Camaro community shortly.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #18
JusticePete

Reading this thread one would think the 5th Gen Camaro was built for the commute to church by little old ladies at 5 MPH below the posted speed limits.

The OP asked if he would need aftermarket endlinks with a stock car and maybe Nittos to autocross or road course. The answer is emphatically no! He does not need them. The OE endlink may not be as robust as a Pedders link or other mfg's links, but the OE endlink is not weak and certainly not weak in relation to an OE bar. Nor are the trailing arms or the toe links or most any part we could name that comes on a very well engineered 5th Gen weak The 5th Gen Camaro set a new standard for American Muscle. It didn't set that standard with weak parts.

We all watched Rob Anderson from Wretched Motorsports thrash a rental V6 Camaro at the C5FEST II Autocross. His passes frequently included thre passengers. Run, after run, after run. The Rental did not fall apart. Nothing bent. Well done Great driving Rob

There is a lengthy list of upgrades that can be made to a 5th Gen for autocross or track use that would clearly improve performance. Most of the lists I have seen on this forum do not start with endlinks.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #19
JusticePete

You are spot on. Aftermarket bars perform best with a matched endlink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Designs View Post
Endlinks make a huge change on the Camaro I was blown away after i threw them in. we have Hochkiss ones which are really nice.

I just upgraded my sway bars on my 2010 CTS-V to huge bars from D3 but nobody makes endlinks and i honestly think without them I am not getting the full benefits of the bars.
You are spot on. Aftermarket bars perform best with a matched endlink.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #20
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Cool, Last question from me then... If I have hotchkis springs and sways and I go with Pedders bushings, can I mix in Pedders front and rear end links with Hotchkis sways and springs.. or would that be an issue?
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #21
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Cool, Last question from me then... If I have hotchkis springs and sways and I go with Pedders bushings, can I mix in Pedders front and rear end links with Hotchkis sways and springs.. or would that be an issue?
Yes, that would work out well for you.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #22
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
ok - swaybars to dial out the understeer as much as possible so then endlinks to match the stronger bar. Thanks guys - you've all been a great help.
Rogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #23
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Reading this thread one would think the 5th Gen Camaro was built for the commute to church by little old ladies at 5 MPH below the posted speed limits.

The OP asked if he would need aftermarket endlinks with a stock car and maybe Nittos to autocross or road course. The answer is emphatically no! He does not need them.
If his car was actually stock I would agree, however, if you read the OPs second post you will see that he is also about to install Pfadt lowering springs and sway bars. With those upgrades and the kind of track use he is describing it is definitely a good idea to upgrade his end links as well. If he doesn't do it now he will be doing it later.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #24
JohnZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
To echo the words of Chase, if you're tracking the car it's a great idea to upgrade your endlinks. It's really a matter of time before you bend the relatively weak stock pieces, especially if you upgrade to a stickier tire compound than stock.

All of our Sway Bar packages are now shipping with Rear Lower Control Arm reinforcement brackets for our customers piece of mind. And a uniquely redesigned endlink system to ensure quiet and efficient endlink operation is about to be released back to the Camaro community shortly.
Hey Pfadt, are you guys working on design to help fix the noise issues with those who already have your endlinks? I know hotchkis was working on a solution. I have your enlinks and swaybars and i love the way my car handles now, but the noise can be irritating at times.
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #25
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
Hey Pfadt, are you guys working on design to help fix the noise issues with those who already have your endlinks? I know hotchkis was working on a solution. I have your enlinks and swaybars and i love the way my car handles now, but the noise can be irritating at times.
Yep, we sure are. Keep an eye out for a post soon about our endlink update information!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #26
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Yep, we sure are. Keep an eye out for a post soon about our endlink update information!
Well I have your sway bar too and Im looking forward to buy the endlinks so keep us posted guys!
Old 08-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #27
JohnZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
Thanks Pfadt, i look forward to putting on more of your products!
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:10 PM   #28
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
yeah i am going to just order the sways for now and wait for the endlinks to be available. i am hearing like another 2 weeks. hopefully 1 autox on street tires dont bend the OE links.
Rogan is offline   Reply With Quote