Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #85
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i couldn't really care less what ford guys think. what did they do for the mustang's 45th? i don't recall anything. you know what they did for 40th anniversary. it got a badge on the fender.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:47 AM   #86
76CamaroLT

Drives: 4wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Boss View Post
....the ford guys are having a field day critizing that car.
It's funny that the ford guys would have anything to say when the Mustang has had some of the absolute cheesiest stripe packages ever made.
76CamaroLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #87
91t/a
Student Athlete

Drives: 1991 trans am vert. 1 of 555.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Now THERE'S a surprise - the Ford Guys beating up on the Camaro.......

Wow........who knew?

Let me assure you that the 45th Anniversary in person is stunning......so I would ask you to withhold your judgment until you see it in person.
im gonna have to agree slightly with ZBOSS...though i havent seen either in person...the ZL-1 does disappoint me a little with the plastic cheap looking ground effects and front grill/chin spoiler. and the new steering wheel is a joke! ill be getting a camaro next year and unless something changes ill have to find a 2010 steering wheel to put on. but the exterior design of the ZL-1 could be a lot better. i look at it and its kinda just .....bla. nothing compared to the GT500!!! that thing is gorgeous! and im a camaro guy all day! illl never buy a mustang but styling wise the GT500 wins hands down! unfortunately
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #88
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Now THERE'S a surprise - the Ford Guys beating up on the Camaro.......

Wow........who knew?

Let me assure you that the 45th Anniversary in person is stunning......so I would ask you to withhold your judgement until you see it in person.
Maybe the 45th is "stunning" in person, I don't know because I haven't seen it live. However, I must say I am disappointed in the color choice. It has about as much metallic in the paint as a freaking bass boat. Seriously, GM, when are you guys going to stop feeding us a constant dose of black/dark gray/silver paint? WHERE IS THE BRIGHT BLUE?????????????????? One more thing: when is the "Synergy Edition" going to show up on the Camaro site so I can build my own and price it? I swear GM moves at the speed of molasses.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #89
DarkObsession

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91t/a View Post
im gonna have to agree slightly with ZBOSS...though i havent seen either in person...the ZL-1 does disappoint me a little with the plastic cheap looking ground effects and front grill/chin spoiler. and the new steering wheel is a joke! ill be getting a camaro next year and unless something changes ill have to find a 2010 steering wheel to put on. but the exterior design of the ZL-1 could be a lot better. i look at it and its kinda just .....bla. nothing compared to the GT500!!! that thing is gorgeous! and im a camaro guy all day! illl never buy a mustang but styling wise the GT500 wins hands down! unfortunately

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I think that Mustang is incredibly hideous

The 45th looks awesome, I think and oh, if you want to swap your functional steering wheel with my 2011 piece of crap steering wheel, I'll gladly do it
Old 04-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #90
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
Maybe the 45th is "stunning" in person, I don't know because I haven't seen it live. However, I must say I am disappointed in the color choice. It has about as much metallic in the paint as a freaking bass boat. Seriously, GM, when are you guys going to stop feeding us a constant dose of black/dark gray/silver paint? WHERE IS THE BRIGHT BLUE?????????????????? One more thing: when is the "Synergy Edition" going to show up on the Camaro site so I can build my own and price it? I swear GM moves at the speed of molasses.

How can you be disappointed if you haven't seen it in person?

The Synergy Series did not show up on the site because we had not finished validation with some of the interior components. We COULD have put it out there early, but we felt that the appearance of some items on the package were not up to your standards or our standards. So we reserve the right to 'move at the speed of molasses' if it means making it right for the customer...... Stop and think about it: we make more money on a Camaro with the Synergy Series option than we would on a similar Camaro without the Synergy Series option......so it ACTUALLY COSTS US MONEY when we delay something like the Synergy Series!

Bring me 10,000 orders for Bright Blue and we might consider it.

Please - don't just take my word for it......I'm begging you: Go purchase or borrow a Camaro White book.........and look at the number of Bright Blue Camaros sold over the history of the car......

MOREOVER - go look at a recent post I made about the fact that I LOVE BRIGHT BLUE - but why would we continue to spend millions to continue to develop Bright Blue when it CONTINUES not to sell? (You can't just add a paint to the paint system - the cost to develop a new color can be in the millions......) I very much remember working on the development of the Bright Blue for the 1999 model year...................

.........it lasted I believe less than 5 months before it was jettisoned due to low penetration rate........

YOU may love Bright Blue and I may love bright blue - but it appears that most do not....

NOW - that said: Don't assume that you will NEVER see another bright blue Camaro..........
Old 04-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #91
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91t/a View Post

this has to GO
Old 04-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #92
billyp93

Drives: 2011 1lt rs camaro sim
are those 20" or 22" on the zl1
Old 04-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #93
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyp93 View Post
are those 20" or 22" on the zl1
20in rapped in goodyear tires
Old 04-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #94
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Boss View Post
The 45th Anniversary car's exterior design is weak....the ford guys are having a field day critizing that car. I am a Camaro guy since high school and still have 6 right now, and I can't really look at that car with a straight face. There are so many things right about Gen5 Camaros but that model is just not attractive - stripes and logo look like a high school art class design from somone who is not a car enthusiast. I know this is just a matter of taste............or a lack thereof. However, I am still excited about the upcoming ZL1. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid......that stripe is ugly!
That stripe is some what annoying,how about leave the stripe as it is but in one color,leave the 45th in red but use a smaller font.That might make it passable.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #95
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
How can you be disappointed if you haven't seen it in person?

The Synergy Series did not show up on the site because we had not finished validation with some of the interior components. We COULD have put it out there early, but we felt that the appearance of some items on the package were not up to your standards or our standards. So we reserve the right to 'move at the speed of molasses' if it means making it right for the customer...... Stop and think about it: we make more money on a Camaro with the Synergy Series option than we would on a similar Camaro without the Synergy Series option......so it ACTUALLY COSTS US MONEY when we delay something like the Synergy Series!

Bring me 10,000 orders for Bright Blue and we might consider it.

Please - don't just take my word for it......I'm begging you: Go purchase or borrow a Camaro White book.........and look at the number of Bright Blue Camaros sold over the history of the car......

MOREOVER - go look at a recent post I made about the fact that I LOVE BRIGHT BLUE - but why would we continue to spend millions to continue to develop Bright Blue when it CONTINUES not to sell? (You can't just add a paint to the paint system - the cost to develop a new color can be in the millions......) I very much remember working on the development of the Bright Blue for the 1999 model year...................

.........it lasted I believe less than 5 months before it was jettisoned due to low penetration rate........

YOU may love Bright Blue and I may love bright blue - but it appears that most do not....

NOW - that said: Don't assume that you will NEVER see another bright blue Camaro..........
Scott, The reason I was disappointed by the color choice is because it is in the black/dark gray/silver family. I own a bodyshop, I see the data on color popularity. Black is first, followed by silver and white, then red, then, believe it or not, BLUE. I just can't believe GM built a Synergy Green, but can't bring back a simular Daytona or Mulsanne Blue. Heck, Jetstream Blue is nice! I will keep hoping for a great blue choice. I think the ABM was not a viable choice, in my humble opinion. As far as the synergy series not showing up on the site...well, I guess your point makes sense, but if it is costing GM money because of delay, them obviously someone is dropping the ball. I will always be a Camaro and GM guy, as you, but sometimes....my patience is tested. Thanks for all your dedication and your support of the Camaro faithful...and thanks for your insight. It is appreciated!
Old 04-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #96
edz10ss

Drives: Silver Metalic Ice w/ black Stripes
I always read all the posts that people make when new Camaros come out. I am GM fan. The Camaro, Corvette, and Chevelle are my favorite cars. I do agree when Im at a car show with my 2010 Camaro 2ss, I do like the dash of the Mustangs better than the Camaro. I hate saying it, but the Camaro looks cheaper to me. GM has to put more time into coming up with something better.
edz10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #97
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
soo from what i can see the ZL1 that was at this show has the basics aka leather option. the steering wheel, shift knob, shift boot are all leather. which 90% comfirms that the suede dash is there no matter what option u choose whether it be leather or suede. I figured the leather wraped dash panel would be there instead of the suede...correct me if im wrong Mr. Fbodyfather
The SSX wheels are nice, in black they look better on the storm trooper SSX race car. A hyper silver SSX wheel would better suit the ZL1. regardless the concave of those rims are teh sex.
I could care less about the 45th anniversary camaro, its not my cup of tea.

No offence but was there any decent photographers there? some of these photos are sad to look at. the only good photos are the ones with the ZL1 and 45 camaro on the 1/4 mile.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #98
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
this ZL1 steering wheel makes me want to kill myself