Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 04-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #29
EDISKRAD EHT

Drives: Blown Goat
I'd have to say I'm pleased with how they turned out.

I'll have some better pics but these are all I have from my phone, and don't mind the dirty car. It hasn't been taken out for it's spring cleaning yet, and I had to pull it out of the garage this winter to move something and I got stuck on the (shoveled) driveway so it flung dirt all over the wheel wells.

Old rears beside new rears.

Yes I forgot to take the sticker off.

EDISKRAD EHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #30
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Wow... Those look excellent on you Goat.

Nice upgrade from the 'old' wheels.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #31
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Very nice looking wheels. Man they really turned out well, glad to hear you are happy with them. I'm waiting to hear back from Mitch now, hoping he can ship mine tomorrow as it is the end of my 5th week since I ordered.

But they really look good and if I can get mine next week and they look as nice as yours I will be happy with my overall experience despite the fact that they will be coming later than expected.....damn now I'm even more impatient!

Are those wheels brushed with a chrome lip by the way?

Last edited by JProberts; 04-29-2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Additional question
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #32
EDISKRAD EHT

Thanks guys. They were definitely worth the bit of a headache. These pictures don't even near do them justice either.

They are the brushed face, but I upgraded the lips and barrels to polished aluminum. I'm not much of a chrome fan to be honest.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:20 PM   #33
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
They are definately good looking wheels.......
Old 04-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #34
firengnred

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 2500 Silverado
Look great!

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
firengnred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:47 AM   #35
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Congrats on the purchase.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #36
JProberts

Well I heard from ICONZ that my rims are ready but won't ship until Monday becasue they want to wait for seals to dry, whatever that is, which means I'll probably get them at the end of the week.:(

So it looks like it's gonna be 6 weeks in total from order time to delivery. This is 2 weeks longer than the original time I was told. Now I was told by Mitch that it would be a couple of weeks longer than I was originally told due to a back up of orders.....but still longer than I wanted to wait.

Now if the wheels turn out beautiful and I get them next week I would not really have a problem with my ICONZ experience. Had I been a bit more educated regarding custom wheels I would have been expecting to wait longer. But I think it is still in the best interest of the sales people to give the most REALISTIC delivery time possible. I think buyers wanting a very good quality wheel will wait an extra week or two for those quality wheels.

I will post pics when I get the wheels next week, but if I don't get them next week I will be a pi$$ed and have an overall negative experience with the purchase from ICONZ. 7 weeks would be unacceptable and I would expect/request something for my inconvienence.

Come on ICONZ make me proud I went with you!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #37
JProberts

Well my wheels have been made and shipping today. Mitch sent the below photos to give me something to look at and I am happy with how they have turned out, they were made exactly they way I asked and look as I had hoped, well have a final verdict once I get them of course.

I will post some pics when I get them mounted on my car and if all is well than my experience with Iconz will have been a positive one.
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #38
EDISKRAD EHT

Nice wheels.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #39
JProberts

I have received my wheels from Iconz and must say I am very happy with the way thery turned out. Mitch was very helpful in answering all my questions and giving me all the information I needed to place the order.

The one real issue I had was with the delivery time. I was told 3-4 weeks initially. When this time came Mitch advised me that it would be another 2 weeks until I got the rims due to heavy spring ordering with Iconz.

Of course I was not happy with the delay but I was happy that Mitch was up front with me and they did come two weeks after that time as he stated.

The other issue is that I have not received my lugs with the wheel shipment as they come from a different facility.

With that said I can say I was very happy with the wheels and also happy with the communication with Mitch. Answered all my questions in a timely manner and was very patient with me and my decision making process which took some time.

Here are some pics out the box, if someone can re-size the pictures that would be great, I can't figure out how to do it myself.
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #40
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
very nice GTO
Old 05-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #41
JProberts

Grading my Iconz experience

Here is my take on the entire ordering an delivery process with Iconz:

Consultation and ordering with Mitch went very well, he was very patient and informative with all of my questions. Wasn't any pushier than any other sales person but got me want I wanted. - A

Wheel desighn and build was just as I ordered. No surprises and they came out perfectly in my eyes. - A

Delivery time was not as quoted. I was told 3-4 weeks but they came in 6 weeks. Mitch explained the delay was due to large orders for the spring and hard to pinpoint exact build time for custom wheels. With that said venders should give a longer delivery time in the quote so people are not left feeling like they are waiting for something that should already be here. D

Wheel and hardware delivery and packaging was good and bad. The wheels themselves were packed very well and came in pristine condition but my lug nuts arrived 4 days after my wheels as they came from a different place using a different shipper. And the worst part was they sent me the wrong lug nuts, sent the V-6 lugs instead of the V-8 lugs, had to spend hours going to get after market lugs from a different place than the shop where I was putting on the wheels.

Mitch did offer to overnight the correct lugs and went online to try to help me find a after market place in my area that had the correct lugs after he realized his error which made me feel a little better about a big mistake and helped the final grade for me. Wheel packaging - A; Hardware delivery - D

To sum it up I would purchase Iconz wheels again and recommend their wheels. But would have a better understanding of build and delivery times and try to get the hardware locally where I can control when I have it and get exactly what I need first hand. Total expereince with Mitch and Iconz for me was a B.

JP