Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-23-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
Roadster

Drives: Ford
Unhappy Bummer - No Real Camaro At SF Auto Show

Went to the San Francisco Auto Show today with wife in hopes they might have brought a car to see. But alas, no real car, just the orange convertible concept car.

However all was not lost. I got to see the basic shape and if the proportions on the vert are close to the real car, the lines are terrific and everyone who has seen the real deal says it looks better in person. I would have to agree. I wish the orange on the proto was the real color for production as I would have ordered it instead of VR. Didn't find anyone that knew much about the real deal and I have seen pics and know more about the car than the Chevy folks at the show. Too bad for Chevy to not have had a little more support for a car that is scheduled to appear in only a few months.

I then went to see the Challenger. I have already seen and parked next to one on the street. Getting to see both cars in orange back to back was terrific. I'm probably biased but there is no comparison in the style and shape of the two cars. The Challenger really looks like a box and seems/looks huge compared to the Camaro. The new Mustang looks ok. I like the front better and the hood line but the back end I would have to see again. Not sure it is better than the current car. It was on a turn table so I couldn't see the interior.

So now the wait. My only concern is that the dealer I have the deposit with will close and I loose my deposit. Nancy really wants to throw money at the Big 3 so I guess GM will last long enough to get a few Camaros out. I hope mine is one of them.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
spooky
spooky

Drives: camaro
well you still have the rest of the week to visit Los Angeles for their Auto Show. sorry to hear you didn't get to see Camaro though.
spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Well still they are not made on the production line so they are all proto's atm. There is no real till the cork is popped in Feb. IMO*.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #4
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
I wouldn't be sad if I were you. You won't see anything new anyways...just a bunch of idiots asking questions that make you smack your forehead like "So the base SS is a V6?"...seriously I heard that today at the LA auto show. The guy was like "ummm no".
Old 11-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #5
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Good thing you posted as I work about 6 blocks from the convention center and was going to go tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #6
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
At least they had the vert, the auto show i went to didn't have any camaro at all
Old 11-23-2008, 10:08 PM   #7
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
At least they had the vert, the auto show i went to didn't have any camaro at all
really. i wanna go to the Int'l show in Nash-vegas next weekend, but still no camaro. i doubt i'll get to see one til they're on the road.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:11 PM   #8
ls3ss

Drives: 70 LS5 Chevelle SS
I made it to the show today in SF and i loved the Camaro. Yea, it was the concept 'vert, but still it looked great. Saw the Nissan GT-R and a Pontiac G8. Sat in a Challenger and i'm glad I didn't get one because it was not comfortable. They had the Vette ZR1 there, and it was in cyber gray metallic, and now I'm totally sold on that color. It almost has a blue tint to it. Overall - good show.
ls3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:24 AM   #9
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Sorry but how dare you go to a show and not post pics HOW DARE YOU!!! LOL!!!

Old 11-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #10
qnitro

Drives: 2019 ZL1/1LE, 2015 Z/28, 2016 Z06
I went Sunday, The GM booth was pathetic!! Even the carpet the cars were on was taken out of a old apartment I hope GM turns it around soon!!! Cant wait till March!
qnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #11
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
I went Sunday, The GM booth was pathetic!! Even the carpet the cars were on was taken out of a old apartment I hope GM turns it around soon!!! Cant wait till March!

Gotta save some money so we can make it to next year.

To give you an idea of what the beige carpeting cost in the Chevy Exhibit last year: well north of $60,000 .........

........so we used the exhibitor carpeting this year...........
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:17 PM   #12
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
LV autoshow

Went to the show here in Vegas...big diSSapointment!! (like how i did that??)
They had the original silver concept, but that was it. The whole show took up 1 floor of the convention ctr, and it looked dead. It was cool to see the original concept, but I really would have liked to have seen the prepros.
Oh well, I did get to see them when SEMA was here, so I guess that will do until I'm actually sitting in mine.
PEACE!
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:27 AM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Gotta save some money so we can make it to next year.

To give you an idea of what the beige carpeting cost in the Chevy Exhibit last year: well north of $60,000 .........

........so we used the exhibitor carpeting this year...........
Do what you have to make it through. I know the carpet is part of the entire experience one feels when walking around the cars...and it does make a difference in the whole experience...BUT, you have to do what you have to do. I'm looking forward to GM getting back in it's game. You guys really know how to put on a good display....but this damn financial situation is screwing all of that up! Sorry...I KNOW you want turntable exhibits...and all the tv screens, set ups, special vehicles, etc but can't do it since you are being forced to cut corners.

I look forward to the return of those days.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote