Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

View Poll Results: Will you be joining us on Saturday August 15th 2009 for the Woodward Dream Cruise?
Yes - 8 50.00%
No - 2 12.50%
Maybe - 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2009, 05:19 AM   #1
SlpDave
SLP Car Club President

Drives: 1997 SLP Camaro SS
Thumbs up Woodward Dream Cruise - F-Body Cruise/Parking on Saturday August 15th 2009

15th Annual Woodward Dream Cruise

F-Body Cruise/Parking on Saturday August 15th 2009

Location of Woodward Dream Cruise - The cities of Berkley, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Ferndale, Huntington Woods, Pleasant Ridge, Pontiac, Royal Oak, Michigan

Link to Event Website - http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/index.php

Who: Street Lethal Performance F-Body Organization Car Club Members, Friends of the Club and all other F-Body Owners

What: F-Body Cruise and Parking for 2009 Woodward Dream Cruise

Where: Kingswood Square - On Woodward Avenue just North of Square Lake Rd. It is on the westhand side of Woodward Avenue.

When: Saturday August 15th, 2009 - F-Body Cruise in the afternoon and Parking all day / F-Body Cruise will leave approx. 3pm-4pm.

Time Change for F-Body Cruise (After some discussions the cruise will be later that afternoon. Aprox. 3pm or so, the time change should allow for more people to join up in the F-Body Cruise)

Why: To cruise together for a little while before it turns into a parking lot and then hang out with other F-Body Owners for the rest of the day.

We will meet at the Bank of America Parking Lot - 43333 Woodward Avenue, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302 it is located in the Kingswood Square.

For anyone who needs directions on how to get there just click below for the mapquest.......

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...I&2z=48302&r=f

This location has a grass area for everyones chairs and tents to view Woodward Avenue and the parking lot has a few restraunts! Subway, Jets Pizza and a Kirbys Coney Island.

This parking location is FREE. There is no cost whatsoever. Everyone can come and go as they please, but the parking spots are not secure! We started parking here in 2004 and have had plenty of room for everyone over the years. Trailers can be parked in the back of the lot or on the side of the building.

This location is about halfway between Royal Oak & Pontiac.

Please remember if you want to go on the F-Body Cruise we will be leaving approx. 3pm-4pm!

Please vote in the poll so we know how many cars we will be expecting for the day.

Everyone come out if you can as we have had alot of fun doing this in the past.

If you have any questions please contact us. We look forward to seeing everyone and having a fun day of cruising and hanging out together.
Link to post on our Club website... http://www.streetlethalperformance.c...ead.php?t=1892

Update - Location is Bank of America not LaSalle Bank, address is the same.

Last edited by SlpDave; 08-14-2009 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Time change
SlpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:11 AM   #2
stet

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
I don't think I'll be able to make it out early enough for the 10am cruise, but I'll be sure to stop by later on
stet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
My group is always at Pioneer Park. Look for first gens, a '65 Vette roadster and a 5th gen.

I'll cruise up and look for you guys (before the bumper to bumper so it will be early).
Old 08-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
SlpDave
SLP Car Club President

Time Change for F-Body Cruise - After some discussions the cruise will be later that afternoon. Aprox. 3pm or so, the time change should allow for more people to join up in the F-Body Cruise.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:30 AM   #5
doogie48084
carbon expert

Drives: pt cruiser
where is pioneer park
doogie48084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:07 AM   #6
SlpDave
SLP Car Club President

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaram View Post
My group is always at Pioneer Park. Look for first gens, a '65 Vette roadster and a 5th gen.

I'll cruise up and look for you guys (before the bumper to bumper so it will be early).

We will be out there early so come up for a little bit.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:10 AM   #7
SlpDave
SLP Car Club President

Update - I went to the lot and noticed they had changed the name of the bank. Location is Bank of America not LaSalle Bank, address is still the same.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #8
2002b4c

Drives: 2001 Camaro B4C, 2011 Camaro SS
It was a great place to car watch - Dave welcomed me and made me feel right at home - had a great time. Thanks Dave!

Tony
2002b4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:56 PM   #9
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002b4c View Post
It was a great place to car watch - Dave welcomed me and made me feel right at home - had a great time. Thanks Dave!

Tony
Ditto. Even though I don't have an F-body he also made me feel as one of the group. Really appreciate the hospitality Dave, thanks for organizing the meet.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #10
Angelina

Drives: 2010 Camaro!
I missed all of ya! I didn't get there until around 8pm. Only one yellow 5th gen parked in the lot. Sorry I missed ya'll!

Drives: 2SS RS, IOM, Auto, Sunroof

Delivered: 5/15/09
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #11
SlpDave
SLP Car Club President

2002b4c and Zabo, your greatly welcomed and thank you for coming out. I enjoyed talking to both of you. You guys are welcomed to come out to anything with us.

Angelina, I thought I saw you come in the lot. A bunch of us were still there. Did you stay for a little bit at all?
Old 08-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #12
SlpDave
SLP Car Club President

Thumbs up Follow up for Woodward 2009

Follow up for the 2009 Woodward Dream Cruise -

Again, 2002b4c and Zabo, it was great meeting you guys. It was alot of fun. Everyone can come out to our club events if you can... http://streetlethalperformance.com/f...splay.php?f=13

Well we ended up with over 60 Camaros and Firebirds for the day. One of the new 5th gen owners was there from New York. It was a fun day talking with everyone and watching the cruise.

Terry "Zeke" Maxwell even stopped by and even signed a few F-Bodies. For those of you that don't know, Terry was the President of SLP of Canada.

We apoligize for not having a F-Body Cruise. Many things came into factor for us to not have it. Alot of people didnt want to go sit in their cars on Woodward as the heat was in the high 80*s or low 90*s. They liked just relaxing and talking to everyone and watching the cruise go by while sitting in the shade. We have a few bigger cruises thru the year that our club does for anyone that would like to join us. Our annual Fall Cruise is one of them. Also, if we left. All of our parking spots would of more than likely been taken by people with dailer drivers who don't care and would of moved the chairs we would of put out. Everyone was coming and going all day long so I know a few people were going out for short cruises.

Here is a link to some of the pictures from the cruise. I know not everyone has their pictures posted but here is just a few... http://streetlethalperformance.com/f...ead.php?t=1943

Thanks again to everyone that made it out for the Dream Cruise, hope everyone had alot of fun!