Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-10-2015, 11:33 AM   #15
mrh923

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/M6 Cyber Gray Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
Link doesn't work
Apologies.

http://www.gofundme.com/yvu5qw

Also, my Paypal email address is mrh92386@hotmail.com
Old 07-10-2015, 11:37 AM   #16
mrh923

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticalmass View Post
I hate to ask this, but did the vet tell you what his chances are?

Going through Chemo even for a human isn't easy.

We had a cat that at the age of 5 was diagnosed with FIPS. FIPS almost always occurs in infants, and 90% of cats have it, it just never goes active. It did with him.

It was the most horrible decision I ever had to make, but I'd make it again because he was in so much pain and there was no cure. So I had him put to sleep. We spent thousands just to verify that was what it was, and the treatment just to give him another couple of weeks would have been extremely and terribly painful for him. I was not about to make him suffer for my selfishness.

I still carry his collar tag on my keychain and always will. That cat saved my life when I was going through a horrible divorce and suffering through back treatment that ultimately led to a quad spinal fusion to relieve the pain. My cat chose me over her and stuck by my side every moment. :(

He was grumpy as hell sometimes, just like me, but he stuck by me when no one else did.
Yes we did go over this. Luckily, unlike humans, dogs take chemotherapy treatment extremely well. He is not in any pain whatsoever at this time, and you couldn't even tell that he was sick.

The only reason we know now is that I took him in for a dental cleaning and they noticed some swollen lymph nodes and I gave them the go ahead to check it out.

If he has this treatment, there is a 90% chance that the cancer will go into full remission. During the treatment, her will feel normal and be his usual self without any nasty side effects. It's totally different than in humans. That was my main concern as well, because I would not want to put him into any unnecessary pain for my own selfishness.

That is why I decided to press forward with his treatment. It will save his life, and ensure it's a good quality one.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #17
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Fellow owner in need of emergency help!

Duke (as seen below) just sent a heartfelt donation, get well fast oh furry friend.

Wishing you all the best as I've been there with our last dog Soprano (in my siggy). He had 2 surgeries for cancer (anal-sac carcinoma). Both surgeries went great and got him 4 years of quality living until his passed at the age of 11, which honestly was a great life for his bread and size. Pets are our family and you need to do what ever possible to keep them in your life as long as you can!!!

Best wishes,

Felix

Last edited by nyrfan; 07-10-2015 at 11:51 AM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:42 PM   #18
mrh923

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Duke (as seen below) just sent a heartfelt donation, get well fast oh furry friend.

Wishing you all the best as I've been there with our last dog Soprano (in my siggy). He had 2 surgeries for cancer (anal-sac carcinoma). Both surgeries went great and got him 4 years of quality living until his passed at the age of 11, which honestly was a great life for his bread and size. Pets are our family and you need to do what ever possible to keep them in your life as long as you can!!!

Best wishes,

Felix
Felix,

Thank Duke for the generous donation! I'm currently at work, but I know Norman will be so happy to know that he has friends in so many places.

I'm hoping for exactly what you had with your Soprano. As much time as we can get him while maintaining a healthy and happy life for him. Norman is only 6, so he has much more time due to him. You're so right...pets are family, and that is why I'm doing everything I can to help him. Thank you both so much for helping.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:18 PM   #19
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I wish you and your buddy the very best. You are in our prayers and thoughts! Pets make life so much more enjoyable. They are amazing!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:53 PM   #20
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Donation sent through PayPal. Best wishes to Norman on the Chemo, and to his family.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:58 PM   #21
mrh923

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I wish you and your buddy the very best. You are in our prayers and thoughts! Pets make life so much more enjoyable. They are amazing!
Thank you very much for the kind words. Yes, pets become a part of the family. Norman is my best friend! He's such an amazing guy and he's a trooper so I know he will do well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Donation sent through PayPal. Best wishes to Norman on the Chemo, and to his family.
Thank you for your donation Jim! The response from people I don't even know has been wonderful. I'm so grateful for people like you, and it eases so much stress when I'm getting support so I can focus on Norman. This means the world to us. Thank you again so much for your help. Please share the link so others can help as well.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:02 PM   #22
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh923 View Post
Felix,

Thank Duke for the generous donation! I'm currently at work, but I know Norman will be so happy to know that he has friends in so many places.

I'm hoping for exactly what you had with your Soprano. As much time as we can get him while maintaining a healthy and happy life for him. Norman is only 6, so he has much more time due to him. You're so right...pets are family, and that is why I'm doing everything I can to help him. Thank you both so much for helping.
Dogs are amazingly resilient creatures. Soprano had so many surgeries in his life and always bounced back in days. In 2006 he tore his ACL so he had to have TPLO surgery. This is a surgery where they placed a steel rod in his leg with in his case 10 screws. The doctor who did the surgery was amazing and within 2 weeks Soprano was just about 100% and running around like normal. Originally the doctor said 4-6 weeks.

Anyway in 2007 he was diagnosed with the anal-sac carcinoma, surgery was recommended followed up be chemo and radiation. We did the surgery and the margins were great, they got it all out but there was still a concern there were cancer cells in the body. I read for days and days and days and opted not to go the chemo route, I just felt they got out what they needed to. About 2 years later the cancer finally metastasized (spelling) to the other anal-sac, again surgery was recommended. This surgery did not go as well as the 1st one, they were not able to get it all out as it was wrapped around a major artery. They closed our Soprano up and said he would live anywhere from 2-4 months. Well they were wrong, he survived 18 months!! All of which were happy, healthy months, you never ever would have guessed he was sick.

I never 2nd guessed not doing chemo the 1st time, only because he still lived 4 years. Even with the chemo I'm not sure he would have lived much longer. Like I said he was a large mutt with a mixture of dogs that rarely lived passed 8 or 9.

So my point is these guys are strong, they will fight for you as long as you fight for them and stay positive. Always be strong in front of them (no matter how much you may be hurting), show them lots of love, give them lots of extra snacks and you'll be surprised how long Norman will stay in your life for.

Felix

Last edited by nyrfan; 07-10-2015 at 07:13 PM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:37 PM   #23
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Sorry to hear about your friend. That's rough... I recently lost my friend after 12yrs of companionship. The little guy knew me better than anyone else. And when he passed it was one of the hardest moments in my life.

I hope you can find a way to keep him with you for hopefully many years to come.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:44 PM   #24
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
As soon as I get to a truck stop that has internet, ill send you a donation. I'm an animal lover myself and they are family. Dont have any of my own since im the road, but my parents have three dogs (german Sheppard, pit bull and a Pomeranian) and I'd go to hell and back to protect them and keep em in good health. They are selfless when it comes to protecting us, its only human that we do the same.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:44 PM   #25
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
mrh923:

PM me, and I will send you my Facebook info you can friend me.

I work with a lot of animal rescuers, and there are several that have contacts to dog cancer treatment centers and such that can assist you..

I've been a dog foster home for several years, until I rescued a 12 year old senior German Shepherd that someone dumped last year. I decided to keep her as my other two Dogs got along famously with her..

Once Elsa crosses the rainbow bridge I will go back to fostering..

anyway, I have several contacts that may be able to help, some are in Texas, hit me up in PM.

I already posted it on my FB and tagged the rescuers and facilities I work with.. I'll be sending some $$ your way as well.

These people I work with are networked all over the country for this type of stuff, they do some amazing things with their local shelters and rescue services. They have so many contacts with animal clinics and vets for specialty care it's amazing.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:56 PM   #26
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
What do you do in spaceX?
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:40 PM   #27
mrh923

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Dogs are amazingly resilient creatures. Soprano had so many surgeries in his life and always bounced back in days. In 2006 he tore his ACL so he had to have TPLO surgery. This is a surgery where they placed a steel rod in his leg with in his case 10 screws. The doctor who did the surgery was amazing and within 2 weeks Soprano was just about 100% and running around like normal. Originally the doctor said 4-6 weeks.

Anyway in 2007 he was diagnosed with the anal-sac carcinoma, surgery was recommended followed up be chemo and radiation. We did the surgery and the margins were great, they got it all out but there was still a concern there were cancer cells in the body. I read for days and days and days and opted not to go the chemo route, I just felt they got out what they needed to. About 2 years later the cancer finally metastasized (spelling) to the other anal-sac, again surgery was recommended. This surgery did not go as well as the 1st one, they were not able to get it all out as it was wrapped around a major artery. They closed our Soprano up and said he would live anywhere from 2-4 months. Well they were wrong, he survived 18 months!! All of which were happy, healthy months, you never ever would have guessed he was sick.

I never 2nd guessed not doing chemo the 1st time, only because he still lived 4 years. Even with the chemo I'm not sure he would have lived much longer. Like I said he was a large mutt with a mixture of dogs that rarely lived passed 8 or 9.

So my point is these guys are strong, they will fight for you as long as you fight for them and stay positive. Always be strong in front of them (no matter how much you may be hurting), show them lots of love, give them lots of extra snacks and you'll be surprised how long Norman will stay in your life for.

Felix
Wow...what an awesome story. That makes me feel so much better to hear that. I took him to the vet yesterday to get his stitches taken out from where they removed the lymph node, and he said the same thing. He said as a Dad, I'm being strong and doing the best thing for him. He also said that his great attitude and demeanor make him very confident that Norman will be on the right side of the bell curve and do better than the estimates say.

I wish I could have opted out of chemo for him, but in his case it was the only option to save him. The best part about it is that he's acting normally, he's not in any pain, and his swelling has gone down. It's amazing how well dogs take it compared to humans. You're right, they are so strong. And you can be sure that I've been cherishing our time much more, and he's getting lots of love and treats! Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend. That's rough... I recently lost my friend after 12yrs of companionship. The little guy knew me better than anyone else. And when he passed it was one of the hardest moments in my life.

I hope you can find a way to keep him with you for hopefully many years to come.
I can't imagine the pain that you went through. I've had Norman for 6 years and I wouldn't want to imagine my life without him! It had to have been terrible to lose your best friend after 12 years. I'm so sorry to hear that, but it sounds like he lived a great life. I'm doing every possible thing to help him, and these wonderful people are helping me so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
As soon as I get to a truck stop that has internet, ill send you a donation. I'm an animal lover myself and they are family. Dont have any of my own since im the road, but my parents have three dogs (german Sheppard, pit bull and a Pomeranian) and I'd go to hell and back to protect them and keep em in good health. They are selfless when it comes to protecting us, its only human that we do the same.
Yes they are certainly family. Some people just don't understand. It isn't just a dog. I'd do anything to keep my dogs safe and healthy as well. It takes a special kind of person to do that, and in my opinion those are the only people that should own animals. They give all of themselves to their owners...you're their life! You need to be worthy of that kind of love. Thank you so much for offering to help us! I appreciate it more than you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
mrh923:

PM me, and I will send you my Facebook info you can friend me.

I work with a lot of animal rescuers, and there are several that have contacts to dog cancer treatment centers and such that can assist you..

I've been a dog foster home for several years, until I rescued a 12 year old senior German Shepherd that someone dumped last year. I decided to keep her as my other two Dogs got along famously with her..

Once Elsa crosses the rainbow bridge I will go back to fostering..

anyway, I have several contacts that may be able to help, some are in Texas, hit me up in PM.

I already posted it on my FB and tagged the rescuers and facilities I work with.. I'll be sending some $$ your way as well.

These people I work with are networked all over the country for this type of stuff, they do some amazing things with their local shelters and rescue services. They have so many contacts with animal clinics and vets for specialty care it's amazing.
Wow that is awesome! I'll PM you with my information right away. Thank you for sharing my story! I've been trying to do whatever I can to get the word out to people. The response in just 2 days has been so unexpected.

I'd appreciate the networking that you can offer, and again thank you very very much for offering to donate to help us too. I'm open to anything at this point. I've just been reading as much as I can as this sprung up on us out of the blue. It's been a rough ride so far but posting on this forum has sure lifted my spirits. There are some wonderful people out there. I'll be in touch! You guys are the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
What do you do in spaceX?
I work at the Test site here in TX. We test fire all of the rocket engines / Dragon vacuum engines and mate the engines to the rockets after testing and fixing. Then we reconfigure everything for flight and send it off to launch. I'm a propulsion technician on the 2nd stage of the Falcon 9 rocket.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:55 PM   #28
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I feel ya OP I have a King Charles Cavalier and that guy is without a doubt my best friend. About a month ago he was not acting himself so I took him into the vet and we ran tests on him to see what was going on everything came back ok. I decided to take the next step and run a ultrasound on him and a black mast came up on it possibly a tumor in the intestine area, so it was either explore into there to get a biopsy or remove it. 2K to do it, but without hesitation I had to do it for him and pray everything was ok. Come to find out no tumor his pancreas was enlarged and stomach was inflamed, but everything came back positive. Hes back to his old self, so I pray for you and ur best friend and wish u both all the best. I will shoot a donation to you as well. Best of luck were pulling for you!

GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote