Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Exhaust: Muffler Delete QUestion

I'm considering doing the muffler delete but every video I have seen basically sounds too raspy at anything over 4k. I don't mind some 'raspy-ness' but was wondering if I could get some sort of muffler and put them closer to the cats to reduce some of that noise.

I know little to nothing about exhausts other than what I have read on here. I've heard that a muffler located further to the front of the car makes for more of a deep sound and was looking for some clarification on that.

Anyone have any ideas on something that may sound good, and I have no interest in buying a cat-back or axle-back system. I'm looking to basically test something out on my car
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
You can always do a muffler swap. Cut out the factory muffler and have some new mufflers welded in. Its cheap and effective. Or, you can cut out your factory mufflers and add a mid muffler. Pretty much were the H connection is in the facory mid pipe...you cut that out and add a mid muffler. Most of them have internal crossovers as well.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
The best I have heard is a

Muffler delete
Resonator delete
Magnaflow resonated x-pipe

Do 2.5" piping from the cats to the beginning of the x-pipe then continue from the other end of the x-pipe to where the stock resonators end. From there do 2.25" piping out the back of the car and stick the factory exhaust tips on the end.

You can even do the Magnaflow Tru X-pipe which will be louder and have more raspyness. The resonated x-pipe eliminates rasp and drone and slightly makes it a little quieter