Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-16-2023, 06:44 PM   #337
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Mine was no different between both balancers I have not tried the new replacement shaft yet. I think I am going to take my rear differential to Jannety racing and have them go though it just to rule out any issues from me installing the gears and Eaton.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 06:29 AM   #338
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Gulfcoast just posted this video 2 days ago about vibration on an aluminum DS on a 5th gen manual. Is it anyone’s in this thread? Couple of interesting things he says one of which is they’re now offering a RevShift polyurethane trans mount bushing as an option to help with vibration.

camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 06:51 AM   #339
Joe.G

Not my shaft I had no rubbing issues, The only thing I can think of with the insert is that it changes the angle from a sagging mount, Most everyone I have heard from said the rev mount insert caused vibration thats one of the reasons I have not tried mine yet.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 01-13-2024, 09:32 AM   #340
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
I can see a hugely sagging trans mount causing vibration if the angles I mentioned pages back are not parallel. I'm with Joe though, I don't want more NVH added on top of what I've already created by installing this poly mount if I don't need it. If your trans mount is sagging that bad and you're not running crazy HP, I'd stick with stock unless NVH just isn't a concern at all.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 05:47 PM   #341
bstromback2002

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I just got my driveshaft back from Shane today and here is a picture of the balance sheet. It’s not a lot of weight but when you do the math on rpm speed and gears it’s probably enough to cause some vibration and probably even worse on a saggy trans mount like I had at the speeds I was feeling it. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bstromback2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 05:59 PM   #342
bstromback2002

CF VS Aluminum Driveshafts, Pros and Cons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Gulfcoast just posted this video 2 days ago about vibration on an aluminum DS on a 5th gen manual. Is it anyone’s in this thread? Couple of interesting things he says one of which is they’re now offering a RevShift polyurethane trans mount bushing as an option to help with vibration.

lol yup it was mine! Stupid heat shield I thought I had out of the way enough and didn’t think it was going to go anywhere, parking brake cables pressing down against it. along with offset diff bushings the diff bushings are gone and I went back to a stock offset. Heat shield is gone as well. I made it to town got gas came home got the wife and the first big bump I hit it was rubbing. Maybe drove it a 1/2 mile like that. I was more than happy to pay them to fix my mistake.

My wife reminded me that after I got the heat shield out of there and pulled all the slack out of the cables it happened one more time before one of them came down and started to rub. That time we were just about home after a road trip and hit the same bump in our road. After that was when I took the Hendrix diff bushings out.

Last edited by bstromback2002; 01-20-2024 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-20-2024, 06:07 PM   #343
Joe.G

Yours seems to have taken more weight than mine, I have not tried mine yet. What was the issue you were having? Please post back with the update after install.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 01-20-2024, 06:25 PM   #344
bstromback2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Yours seems to have taken more weight than mine, I have not tried mine yet. What was the issue you were having? Please post back with the update after install.

I don’t remember exact speeds anymore but it started to vibrate around 70 and progressively got worse to the point I didn’t feel safe over 100. It was kinda like your wife in the passenger seat hitting you telling you to slow down lol. The new trans mount and insert raised the speed about 10 mph that you really started to feel it and was somewhat tolerable over 110.

I will also add I have 4.10 gears.

Old 01-20-2024, 06:29 PM   #345
Joe.G

Gotcha, was this before but got grooves in it? Hopefully it is better now.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 01-20-2024, 06:36 PM   #346
bstromback2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Gotcha, was this before but got grooves in it? Hopefully it is better now.

Did it from the day I got it. Shane was more worried the grooves would cause a weak point in the driveshaft causing it to be a failure point.

Guess I’ll find out in the spring. I’m really hoping it fixed it. We barely put 1000 miles on the car last year. I didn’t hardly have any time to work on the car last year so it sat in the garage on Jack stands half the summer

Old 01-20-2024, 06:41 PM   #347
Joe.G

Same here, the shaft was really a pain, I removed and reinstalled it numerous times, not hard to do but time consuming.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 01-21-2024, 11:47 AM   #348
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstromback2002 View Post
Did it from the day I got it. Shane was more worried the grooves would cause a weak point in the driveshaft causing it to be a failure point.

Guess I’ll find out in the spring. I’m really hoping it fixed it. We barely put 1000 miles on the car last year. I didn’t hardly have any time to work on the car last year so it sat in the garage on Jack stands half the summer

Good luck with the reconditioned shaft! I gotta believe GC feels it’s sturdy enough for use.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:46 PM   #349
camguynj

Looking for comment on the below product to reduce slop in the DS as a cheaper alternative but not as good as a one piece DS

https://www.jxbperformance.com/produ...arrier-upgrade
Old 01-30-2024, 09:51 PM   #350
Joe.G

I have one of the first ones he made, i have both Bushings, I have not installed it yet but it appears to be a well made piece.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,