Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
Visual_Perfection

Drives: '02 Bonneville SLE
Thumbs up Finally saw my first one..wait, actually 4 in one day!

I recently moved to Florida this January. When I moved I figured, "I am in Florida, I bet I will be seeing LOTS of camaro's soon" well June came around and I still had never seen one of these production cars in person. I have been following this car for years and everyone who knows me knows that. I came back to my college town for a weekend the last week of May and all my old roomates are asking me "have you seen the new camaro yet? being in Florida you must see them all the time" as they had seen several in the "middle of nowhere" areas around Wisconsin over the past few weeks before I got up there and to their surprise I said "NO"

Fast Forward to today and I am in Michigan (Saginaw) and within 20 minutes I see 3 different Camaros (Black LT, IOM SS w/ Black Ralley Stripes, IOM LT w/ black hockey and hood stripe) heading opposite of me southbound on I-75 just south of Flint Michigan. I was freaking out to say the least, and was spotting them from a mile away it seemed like. One hour later I am heading down the road on the way back to the hotel and I look behind us and here comes a IOM SS/RS with White Rally Stripes! it was next to us at a stoplight and we passed it/he passed us a few times from stoplight to stoplight. This is the closest I have been to one of these cars and man the car just looked amazing on the road!

You can see as many pictures as you can handle on the internet, but pictures don't do it justice, this car in person is simply stunning. It catches your eye and I honestly have to say it is one of the best looking cars on the road today. I can't beleive how excited I saw the first one today, and even more so when that one was next to us. I even got out my blackberry and snapped a few pictures I will try to get up later.

I just can't beleive I hadn't seen one yet in Florida and then I come up to Michigan on business and see 4 different ones within hours of eachother!

I know, lame story right.. but I just had to share, especially my thoughts on how amazing the car looks in person and honestly looking back at pictures somehow just does not capture the car or come close to how great these cars look in person.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
jr_hoyt
J-Rock

Drives: 2001 Yellow Ford Focus
No, it's a great story! ANY story about spotting one of these beauties is A-MA-ZING!

jr_hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
383ss

Drives: 1985 IROC, 2011 Camaro
just saw my first production car Friday. OMG, it is just beautiful. pics do not do it justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsdguru View Post
31000 for ss1 no options and who in the hell would buy a SS1 V6 for kids SS1 for girls LS3 the only way to go G8 Gxp 200lbs more my bad so lets think here 200lb more 27 less hp so 5 tenths slower now 373 gear now mabe 3tenths slower 4 door car sad so so sad
383ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
morris08

Drives: Ford Expy
been following this car for years too (since I owned a 1979 Z-28 black/black back in my high school days, mid 80's).... here I am in Houston, TX and STILL have not seen a "live" Camaro yet!!! arrrgghh!
morris08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
I've seen quite a few and have driven a 2SS. All awesome. As for taking pictures, its like trying to take pictures of the Grand Canyon. It just doesn't do it justice.
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
Visual_Perfection

Drives: '02 Bonneville SLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinlittlerock View Post
...As for taking pictures, its like trying to take pictures of the Grand Canyon. It just doesn't do it justice.
Couldn't have said it better!

And I just remembered I started this thread in the photo section, so here are the photos I took. Sorry for the bad quality.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #7
slacker
Troubled 40 something

Drives: 2010 IOM RS/SS M6
You aren't odd- we all felt this way when we saw it for the first time in the wild (well, the Camaro guys- Mustang and Challenger guys may feel different).