Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
mr_desmo
Banned

Drives: beated up old mini austin
Edmunds reviews camaro v6 auto rs!

and they like it! http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.*
mr_desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
Visual_Perfection

Drives: '02 Bonneville SLE
hmm not sure what you read, but the article in that link that I read seemed to me like they didnt like it.. lots of negatives throughout the entire article.

I could care less what they think though, but they definately didnt seem to speak highly of it thats for sure..
Old 09-23-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual_Perfection View Post
hmm not sure what you read, but the article in that link that I read seemed to me like they didnt like it.. lots of negatives throughout the entire article.

I could care less what they think though, but they definately didnt seem to speak highly of it thats for sure..
Thats what I thought.

They seemed to have liked SOME parts of it, but certainly not others.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
SYA

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Meh... I could make arguments to most of what was posted in that...

Whoever wrote that is a moron IMO... to start off by complaining on how the engine "ticks" is ridiculous
SYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
tcamp

Drives: 2010 1LT RS
lol, I guess you're a real glass half full kind of guy
tcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #6
Vuron00

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT
Sounds pretty close to me. They seemed to like it overall, but had a few issues. Not surprisingly, their issues are the same as mine (horrible understeer, the steering wheel is an uncomfortable joke, and the buttons instead of paddles to shift). They seemed to really like pretty much everything else.

I really like this quote from the article ...

Nevertheless, our 2010 Camaro 2LT recorded 66.1 mph in our slalom test, eclipsing the mark set by the V8-powered Camaro SS.
Vuron00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
SYA

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuron00 View Post
Sounds pretty close to me. They seemed to like it overall, but had a few issues. Not surprisingly, their issues are the same as mine (horrible understeer, the steering wheel is an uncomfortable joke, and the buttons instead of paddles to shift). They seemed to really like pretty much everything else.

I really like this quote from the article ...

Nevertheless, our 2010 Camaro 2LT recorded 66.1 mph in our slalom test, eclipsing the mark set by the V8-powered Camaro SS.
Yeah... I liked the slalom quote that captain obvious gave as well
I'll be honest, if I were ever concerned with slalom results, a Camaro would have not been one of my choices...
The rest of the article focused on the interior for the most part which to me is a great fit... not sure why they were having issues with buttons and paddles.... he must have hotdogs for fingers or something...
SYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
mr_desmo
Banned

you all should watch the video instead of reading the article; makes it sound better
Old 09-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
Carr2010SS

Drives: 2015 Red Hot SS RS
The steering wheel is comfortable for myself and the buttons work great. To each their own.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #10
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2010SS View Post
The steering wheel is comfortable for myself and the buttons work great. To each their own.
I thought the steering wheel felt great as well, but then again that was just the couple of times I've sat in one. Don't own one yet.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #11
Nick4761

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT1 Cyber Gray
The steering wheel is a little awkward at first, but once you drive it for a day you get used to it, and the button shifters are fine. Seems like they were being a bit nit-picky, but whatever. i love mine. smooth ride, spacious interior, big v6 with good fuel economy, and not to mention the biggest head turner on the road. cant ask for more than that.
Nick4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #12
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
Definitely seems like nit picking to me. These guys are clearly import lovers that were just looking for reasons to trash the car.
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #13
mr_desmo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachocheese View Post
Definitely seems like nit picking to me. These guys are clearly import lovers that were just looking for reasons to trash the car.
i dont beleive so...read their reviews on ctsv and 370z and the like and i found that they probably are the most unbiased and knowledgeable journos in the biz...its the reason i go to edmunds inisdeline every morning...
i found the love all cars that are worth loving...
now as for the steering wheel some parts feel better when you get an habit of being abound them
Old 09-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #14
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
I like Edmunds in general. I guess I am responding to the language they use to describe what are kind of small issues. When they point out the performance they just state the facts in a relatively unemotional, straight forward way. When they point out the faults they say things like:
the GM DI V6 ticks "relentlessly" at idle like an over-wound pocket watch
steering feels "frighteningly" numb
the "insanity" of the Camaro's interior
Holding the steering shaft in your teeth would be more comfortable

I just think their criticisms (although at times valid) are delivered in a somewhat histrionic fashion. I think they wanted to hate the car before they ever sat in it. That is only my opinion. And of course opinions, including mine and Edmunds, are like a-holes, everyone has one.
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote