Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #15
subzero05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 tbd
nice, but its definately sucking in hot air.Thats the thing on the ProCharger kits I personally don't like but its nice to see options coming out!
subzero05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:51 PM   #16
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
I google'ed "vette ls3 procharger dyno" and got this
http://www.vetteweb.com/tech/vemp_08.../photo_31.html
+150 hp , 380 hp stock to 534 hp after .
Old 06-29-2009, 04:36 PM   #17
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
What performance increase can be expected from the "tuner" kit? Will the car still run properly?

Is the performance increase across the board (start to finish), or is there a sacrifice on low end? Any type of "lag"?

Not familur with these set-ups, so just feeling out the options.
With the tuner kit (omits fuel injectors and pump) you may be looking around 35-40% gains with a (426+40%=596.5%)
Or (426+45%=617.7HP) without tuner kit

Unlike a turbo the centrifugal blower does not have to spool up therefore there is no loss of power on low end.

If you have a stock engine there shouldn't be a problem and the car will run fine.

ProCharger supercharger systems are absolutely the most powerful and reliable supercharger systems available for your vehicle. For street use or at the track, Intercooled ProCharger supercharger systems will deliver the largest increase in horsepower and torque available from any supercharger system. And thanks to the extremely low charge air temperatures provided by ProCharger technology, ProCharger systems also provide much better engine longevity by protecting your motor from detonation. ProCharger systems are designed with a fundamental understanding of the physics behind supercharging, and are engineered to the highest quality standards.

It is this approach that allows ATI to offer exclusive features which improve both the performance and reliability of ProCharger systems relative to other products. For example, it is simply an undisputed fact that lowering charge air temperatures will substantially improve both performance and engine longevity, and ATI provides the coolest intake charge air temperatures in the industry by a wide margin. Similarly, by using CNC machining and nearly indestructable 7075 T-6 aircraft aluminum to produce the largest and strongest impellers in the industry, ATI is able to again improve both performance and reliability. ProChargers are the only superchargers to incorporate billet impellers in production models, and this is another example of ATI's technical leadership. This quality and durability in turn allows customers to have further peace of mind knowing that ProCharger superchargers are also backed by the best warranty in the industry, for the highest boost and power levels. For more information on the physics behind supercharging and the advantages of ProCharger technology, see the ProCharger Technology page within this site.

In addition to absolutely unmatched performance and reliability, ProCharger supercharger systems also offer the following benefits to customers:

Quality
ProCharger supercharger systems are produced from the finest materials available. All castings are poured from "virgin" 356 aluminum alloy and heat-treated to a T-6 hardness before CNC machining. ATI's exclusive billet impellers are machined from 7075 T-6 aircraft aluminum, while the super precision bearings used in all ProCharger models are made in the USA, and are of a consistently higher quality and speed/load rating than those used by any of our competitors. In fact, ProCharger superchargers are so reliable that they are used as standard equipment by many leading boat manufacturers in the extremely demanding marine environment.

Complete Systems
Fuel-injected automotive and truck ProCharger Systems are generally 100% complete, with all the components needed for an attractive, OEM-quality installation. An exception is larger fuel injectors, as some systems exclude these, especially if larger fuel injectors are only needed for upgraded boost and power levels. All hardware is of the highest quality, and fuel-injected systems include a high-flow external fuel pump as standard equipment if necessary for proper fuel delivery. Carbureted systems are complete with the exception of the carburetor and fuel system, which depend upon an individual's specific motor and performance needs.

Warranty
ProCharger superchargers are absolutely the most reliable (have the lowest failure rate) in the industry, and are backed by the industry's best warranty coverage. It is not uncommon to find ProCharger systems warrantied for 1 year at power levels which our competitors will not even warranty for 1 day.

Installation
Most Intercooled ProCharger systems can be installed in 8-10 hours with simple hand tools. Carbureted systems can generally be installed in 4-6 hours. All ProCharger systems contain extremely thorough installation instructions with plenty of photos, illustrations and diagrams to help ensure a successful installation. ProCharger systems are also supported by the industry's largest and most knowledgable network of dealers.

Emissions
Unless otherwise noted, ProCharger systems for fuel-injected applications meet both EPA and CARB emmissions requirements and are classified as 50 state legal.

Last edited by khislop007; 06-29-2009 at 09:14 PM.
khislop007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #18
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
2008 C6 Procharger Dyno Final Run

629 hp @ crank with 5.3# of boost, 2008 C6 LS3 with 6 speed automatic, Procharger with intercooler, FAST 60# injectors, Billy Boat headers, X-pipe, Bullet mufflers, MSD fuel pump booster

Old 06-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #19
NickPic

Drives: 2006 GMC Sierra 1500HD
looks good except the intake location thats a terrible spot
06 gmc sierra 1500HD: w/ 6.0, K&N CAI, air raid TBS, pacesetter ceramic coated LT headers, magnaflow X-pipe, SLP loudmouth I resonators, gibson 4' tips, blackbear custom tune, 20 inch rims, bfg 33" tires, 2-10" mtx subs, 2000 watt audiobahn amp, 10 farad tsunami cap, HID's, air horns etc......

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3103872

slp tuned diablo programmer for sale. pm me for info.

06 pontiac G6 GT: bone stock except hid's
NickPic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #20
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
629 hp @ crank with 5.3# of boost, 2008 C6 LS3 with 6 speed automatic, Procharger with intercooler, FAST 60# injectors, Billy Boat headers, X-pipe, Bullet mufflers, MSD fuel pump booster

You have a PM from me...
Old 06-29-2009, 06:59 PM   #21
JBz007
Broke College Student

Drives: 2000 Hyundai Elantra
Looks weird but 60% horsepower gain is insane. Price?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #22
Robert@G-Force

Drives: 04 Cobra
It is pretty much a setup like a 3V Mustang the inlet seems to work good in street trim.
Robert@G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #23
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
The air intake location looks bad but the supercharger is going to heat the air way past under hood temps anyway... hence the intercooler. It's the temp coming out of the intercooler that matters.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #24
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
Let me be the first to say, you guys will not be disappointed with the Procharger.

Jason and the guys literally down the street in Lenexa did my C6 a few years ago as a factory beta tester and it rocked.

This kit will probably run you $6k for the kit and $8k or so total installed cost (that is par for the course on the Vette, so I'd expect this LS kit to be similar). Involves removing the nose to fit the intercooler on the C6.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...tallation.html

I suspect 150hp bump with the Procharger tune which tends to be a bit conservative for drivability and emissions.

Helluva kick in the pants boys.

It will be interesting to see what they do for the V6 (that's a hint Jason).

-Bub
bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #25
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post
Let me be the first to say, you guys will not be disappointed with the Procharger.

This kit will probably run you $6k for the kit and $8k or so total installed cost

Helluva kick in the pants boys. fixed
Dang, I was hoping for much less. I didn't see it as large and invasive as a normal SC, but i suppose you don't see everything.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #26
ArmbarKing

Drives: What car?
$6k seems to be right in line with what most supercharger kits go for that I have seen advertised. At least in the Vette world.

A centrifugal supercharged car will drive more or less like stock until you get on it. Once you hit 3500-4000 rpm's it will be a screamer and take off like a bat out of hell.

Too bad about the air filter location, that is the first thing I saw when I looked at the pics and it is an eye sore.
ArmbarKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:55 AM   #27
WeeZee

Drives: SuperSport's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Wow...Ok I am pretty sure I did not compare a 4.6 to a 6.2 engine...
Thus the reason why I said I am unsure HOW MUCH a stock Ls3 can take. The poster was referring to his nephew's MUSTANG.

For a stock 4.6(289) 500RWHP is the limit of safety on that stock block. The ATI system on a MUSTANG can put out well over the threshold for that car. Thus that can be the reason why his nephew car went boom...

If the camaro LS3 can take 600+ RWHP or more on stock internals, than thats a wonderful thing. I guess we will start to find out just exactly what the breaking points will be soon enough.
A stock 4.6L is 281 cubic inches since 1996 and a stock sohc/dohc mustang 4.6L engine can only handle 450rwhp. You can do whatever you want to but i had a 2003 Dohc 4-valve Mach1 4.6L (281) and i was on the limit with 444rwhp off a procharger system with 10#'s, so i know for a fact a 3-valve 2005+ GT mustang can only handle 450 safe. The 3-valve heads are one step away from 4-valve heads. These new camaro SS's can handle 525-550rwhp just doing basic math and going off what LS3 Vettes can handle but don't push your luck after that.
WeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:00 AM   #28
WeeZee

Drives: SuperSport's
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmbarKing View Post
$6k seems to be right in line with what most supercharger kits go for that I have seen advertised. At least in the Vette world.

A centrifugal supercharged car will drive more or less like stock until you get on it. Once you hit 3500-4000 rpm's it will be a screamer and take off like a bat out of hell.

Too bad about the air filter location, that is the first thing I saw when I looked at the pics and it is an eye sore.
Very true but it actually helped with the 2005+ Mustang Gt's with that odd filter location. The temps went down 10-15 degrees. $6k seems high to me I got my Procharger P-1SC kit for my '03 Mach1 for $5k and I got the 10# upgrade, polished head unit, hand held tuner with 2 tunes 91 octane and 100 race gas. You could get a custom Turbo kit for $6k and dominate !!!
WeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote