Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-14-2014, 07:13 AM   #365
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jravenfan
what kind of a goofball can't tell the difference between a Camaro and a Truck even if it's under a cover?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
He looked very VERY homely let me just state that fact lol.
Like this?
Attached Images

Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:40 AM   #366
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Well no Jealousy here, nothing but praise from people, must be because i live below the Dixie line where people in general are friendlier.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #367
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
Smile

One of the worst comments I got was from my wife. When I got the car it was the plain Rally Yellow. I got a lot of comments about how great it looked. When I was shopping for the racing stripes she was not happy and said "you won't be getting as many comments about how great it looks with them on". Wrong! I have received at least as many if not more remarks since then. She likes the hockey stick side stripes so I think I will be getting them soon. As soon as the weather warms up a little I am going to get the windows tinted and that should really make an improvement in its looks.

Another remark I got was from a man who was in the Miata Club that I was in before I got this. He didn't like the narrow windows. I reminded him that in the 50's one of the more popular things to do when building a hot rod was to chop the top; with the Camaro, the top is already factory-chopped!
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:43 PM   #368
April Powers
Braaaaaaap

Drives: 2013 BRM 1le-2004 Wr450 supermoto
I don't get back handed comments. What I do get is people yelling at me in neighborhoods to "slow down." I NEVER speed in neighborhoods, my car is just loud. Sometimes I keep driving, sometimes I haven't had my coffee yet
A couple weeks after I bought my car I was driving through my neighborhood doing 25 (speed limit 30) A lady screams at me to slow down. I reverse in front of her house, and ask if there is a problem. She goes off on a rant about speeding and about how someone killed her cat. I asked her if she had a radar gun, and she looked at me like I was crazy. I then told her that I was doing 5 under, and that I live in the neighborhood and don't speed. She goes off on another tangent, and I tell her to save it for someone who's speeding. She was watering her lawn and got pissed off threw her hands in the air and sprayed my car. I wanted to lay down some fat strips in front of her house, but cooler heads prevailed. I went home and visited a neat website called www.poopsenders.com
Click the link, you won't be disappointed
April Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:11 AM   #369
tekteq
HT5 in the 626

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
I always get the "why'd you get an auto" comment on mine...ironically its always by people who don't even know how to drive stick.

2014 L99 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ Flowmaster American Thunder Catback ~ Cold Air Inductions CAI ~ VMAX Ported TB ~ ARH Catted LTs ~ Tuned by Ted @ JRE

A wise man once said, he who eats crackers in bed get crummy sleep.
tekteq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #370
Chain Blue Lightning
Chain Blue Lightning

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Was at a Electronics store picking up parts for the house. Young Honda driver (pimply nosed 16 year old) looked as I got out and drooled (literally). His Gf was getting into the car when I came back out. HE had window rolled down and shouted "Hey my car has as much HP as your V6 camaro" I walked over to his clapped out 94 honda Civic, looked toward the hood, and asked does it have a turbo? No! Does it have a supercharger? No! Have you swapped the motor out? No! Then i doubt your little 2.4 lt motor can match my SS's V8 with a turbo. but you can always try to look big in front of your next girl friend.
1978 RS Camaro
1983 VH Commodore
1996 VS Commodore
2005 WL Statesman
2010 SS Camaro
Chain Blue Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #371
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
The other night I was going to dinner and as I was idling(loping) through the parking lot looking for a spot (I had my windows down), this guy and his wife get out of a white Prius and the guy says "Geeeezzzzz obnoooooxiousss" and I quickly lean out the window and mock him back in an old grandpa voice and say "obnoooxiousss" and throw a hard rev. Made him jump, it was great.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:26 PM   #372
jravenfan

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
The other night I was going to dinner and as I was idling(loping) through the parking lot looking for a spot (I had my windows down), this guy and his wife get out of a white Prius and the guy says "Geeeezzzzz obnoooooxiousss" and I quickly lean out the window and mock him back in an old grandpa voice and say "obnoooxiousss" and throw a hard rev. Made him jump, it was great.
Gotta love those Prius owners
Old 02-08-2014, 11:33 PM   #373
J-Short

Drives: '13 2LT/RS BRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zizzle View Post
Two months after buying mine, the SO is in Starbucks while I'm sitting outside looking in the window of a parked SS on display, I overhear a guy scream "GET A MUSTANG".

I watched him drive off in a Ford Windstar.
Hilarious.
J-Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:47 AM   #374
sanjosebmx

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
the only thing I can remember is my (high school) daughter's freind told her we must have put "Fake SS" emblems on it, because green only came with a V6. I was impressed he knew enough about Camaros to know the 2010 did only come with V6..(ours is a 2011 ss)

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
Old 02-09-2014, 03:23 AM   #375
paul44

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Powers View Post
I don't get back handed comments. What I do get is people yelling at me in neighborhoods to "slow down." I NEVER speed in neighborhoods, my car is just loud. Sometimes I keep driving, sometimes I haven't had my coffee yet
A couple weeks after I bought my car I was driving through my neighborhood doing 25 (speed limit 30) A lady screams at me to slow down. I reverse in front of her house, and ask if there is a problem. She goes off on a rant about speeding and about how someone killed her cat. I asked her if she had a radar gun, and she looked at me like I was crazy. I then told her that I was doing 5 under, and that I live in the neighborhood and don't speed. She goes off on another tangent, and I tell her to save it for someone who's speeding. She was watering her lawn and got pissed off threw her hands in the air and sprayed my car. I wanted to lay down some fat strips in front of her house, but cooler heads prevailed. I went home and visited a neat website called www.poopsenders.com
Click the link, you won't be disappointed
Old 02-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #376
Mobyd

Drives: 2010 White 2SS/RS,01 F150 SuperCrew
Lol
Old 02-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #377
FryZ

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjosebmx View Post
the only thing I can remember is my (high school) daughter's freind told her we must have put "Fake SS" emblems on it, because green only came with a V6. I was impressed he knew enough about Camaros to know the 2010 did only come with V6..(ours is a 2011 ss)

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
I've heard that one from a few people at the local shows when I first bought it. Since then I've totally debadged the car so while it's just sitting there it really confuses most people that don't know how to identify an SS (Brembos, mailslot/lower fascia).

The first weekend I had my car, I was leaving to go to the local c&c, and my wife just happened to be having morning coffee w/ our neighbor across the street on her front patio. Apparently our neighbor (who is a sweetheart, best neighbor ever) asked my wife where my GTO and WS6 had gone (sold them after buying the camaro), and then tells my wife, "well, those cars were really nice but I like his new Mustang more" lol. My wife corrected her, and she said " well they all look the same to me". Like I said, she's a great neighbor...so I'll let it slide haha.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:54 PM   #378
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
That Mustang looks sweet, but its not for me…..

Okay first off its not a offing mustang let me back hand you as i take your man card and secondly how do you say something looks sweet and then go its not for me. I just walked away shaking my head