Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #29
TekkGuy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/Sunroof
Ok... here goes. I went to the GM Card Member website, and I looked up the information and went through ALL the rules and regulations on the GM Cards. I found the following:

Quote:
The GM Card Earnings and Redemption Allowance Program Rules apply to the GM Card, publicly announced March 23, 2000, the GM Platinum Card and GM Card World Card. On the following pages, these products will be referred to as the GM Card, unless otherwise stated.

1. OVERVIEW
As a holder of the GM Card ("Cardmember"), you are automatically enrolled in The GM Card Earnings and Redemption Allowance Program under the same name or names as on your GM Card Account. Participation in The GM Card Earnings and Redemption Allowance Program gives you the opportunity to enjoy all the benefits of the GM Card, including GM Card Earnings. With this benefit, 5% of your net GM Card purchase amount is available to you as "Earnings" or "GM Card Earnings" for use toward the retail purchase or lease of an eligible, new GM vehicle (see "8. Earnings Redemption for GM Vehicles" for details). From time to time, GM may offer special promotions that give you opportunities to receive additional GM Card Earnings.

8. EARNINGS REDEMPTION FOR GM VEHICLES
There is a limit ("Redemption Allowance") on the amount of GM Card Earnings that may be applied to any eligible, new GM vehicle. Redemption Allowances are established for the duration of each vehicle's model year.
The most current Redemption Allowances and other applicable restrictions for all eligible, new GM vehicles will be made available to all GM Cardmembers through our Website, gmcard.com, or by calling the GM Cardmember Services Redemption Center at 1-800-947-1000, prompt 4.
To redeem your Earnings toward the retail purchase or lease of an eligible, new GM vehicle, simply follow these steps.
Visit the authorized Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, GMC, or Cadillac dealership of your choice.
Choose an eligible, new vehicle and determine your best price.
Identify yourself as a GM Cardmember and let the dealer representative know you would like to redeem your eligible Earnings, up to the Redemption Allowance maximum.
The dealer representative will contact the GM Cardmember Services Redemption Center for your authorization number.
The dealer representative will verify requested Cardmember identification information and confirm your total amount of eligible GM Card Earnings, up to the Redemption Allowance maximum.
During the transaction, the dealer representative will be asked for certain vehicle sale information and then be provided an authorization number to complete the transaction.
At this point, your eligible Earnings will be applied to the purchase or lease price of your eligible, new GM vehicle, and the amount, up to the Redemption Allowance maximum, will be deducted from your Earnings balance. You will receive confirmation of redemption in a subsequent GM Card billing statement from HSBC Bank or in a separate communication.
Based on this info, it does not matter which card you have, the redemption allowance is $1000 period. I also called myself and spoke to a representative that verified this, it doesn't matter if you have a GM Card, a World Card, a Flex card, we are all limited to $1000 redemption. Now, that being said, the people that are allowed to put down over the redemption limit, are only those people that have been given a bonus. If you recieved a "top off" offer, that is the only way that you can cross over the redemption allowance limit.

This information is directly from the GM Card Earnings Membership Services department.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #30
IConnection

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I got the 1,000 loyalty in the mail yesterday and the Camaro was not listed on it?
Can you or cant you use it?
IConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #31
TekkGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjectionConnection View Post
I got the 1,000 loyalty in the mail yesterday and the Camaro was not listed on it?
Can you or cant you use it?
According to the GM website, the 2010 Camaro is exempt from Loyalty Discounts. SamIyam posted earlier that he recieved a $100 Loyalty Card and it stated that it was applicable to the 2010 Camaro. Maybe he recieved a special card? If there is a number, I suggest calling it and asking. As far as the GM Site is concerned, no, you can't use it on the Camaro.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #32
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekkGuy View Post
Ok... here goes. I went to the GM Card Member website, and I looked up the information and went through ALL the rules and regulations on the GM Cards. I found the following:

Based on this info, it does not matter which card you have, the redemption allowance is $1000 period. I also called myself and spoke to a representative that verified this, it doesn't matter if you have a GM Card, a World Card, a Flex card, we are all limited to $1000 redemption. Now, that being said, the people that are allowed to put down over the redemption limit, are only those people that have been given a bonus. If you recieved a "top off" offer, that is the only way that you can cross over the redemption allowance limit.

This information is directly from the GM Card Earnings Membership Services department.
The "top-off" is not subject to the limits. It specifically says in the fine print that you can use all $3000 regardless of the 'limits'. I forget the exact wording, but the $1000 doesn't apply. Otherwise this would be the worst incentive ever. Yeah, some vehicles do have a $3000 limit, but almost all of them at $1000 or $1500.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #33
TekkGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
The "top-off" is not subject to the limits. It specifically says in the fine print that you can use all $3000 regardless of the 'limits'. I forget the exact wording, but the $1000 doesn't apply. Otherwise this would be the worst incentive ever. Yeah, some vehicles do have a $3000 limit, but almost all of them at $1000 or $1500.
Umm that's why if you read my entire post, further down I stated:

Quote:
...Now, that being said, the people that are allowed to put down over the redemption limit, are only those people that have been given a bonus. If you recieved a "top off" offer, that is the only way that you can cross over the redemption allowance limit.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #34
l008com

Quote:
Umm that's why if you read my entire post, further down I stated:
Ahh. Well let that be a lesson to you, your posts are too long
Old 01-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #35
TekkGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
Ahh. Well let that be a lesson to you, your posts are too long
Just trying to be complete with my information so people know I am not talking out of my "you know what" and that I actually did some leg work to find the information unlike a lot of other people that post who don't bother to do any research.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #36
rocknrohl

Drives: Suburban/ RY 2SS/RS
Ok, I triple checked with my GMCard Rep. and he told me with the card that I have I have "no limits" so I can use the full 2500.00 on a 2010 Camaro. Which I do have on order and if I get it before 2-1 then they will top it off to 3000. But I still can use the full 2500.00 on any GM car or truck. I can only get 500.00 a year in allowances, and I have one of the original cards.
rocknrohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #37
l008com

When did you get your card? Mine's from about 2001 i think, and I have the limits, but mine is the 5% card.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #38
rocknrohl

Drives: Suburban/ RY 2SS/RS
You should call and ask them. If you can only earn 500.00 a year of allowances then you probably have the card with no limits. Call and make sure!! Good Luck
rocknrohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #39
l008com

I don't think I do have a yearly limit. But it doesn't matter anyway, I'm going to try to use the topped off $3000 soon, then get rid of the card anyway. With the amount of points that go to waste, i'm not getting anywhere near 5%, i'd would be user to get other rewards on other credit cards.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #40
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
Anyone know if you have 2 GM cards...1 is the flex and one is the old-school no limit...can you combine the earnings from both cards?
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:01 PM   #41
strauchpete
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Ya I just got a $3000 topper on ANY Chevy or Pontiac including the camaro.
It is only good till Feb, 1 2010. I called them and asked and they said that they are sending out any where from $50 to $3000 off to card holders, just depends on how good a customer you have been with them on how much you get. If you get one you will get a code that your dealer used to give you the discount.

And no you cant combine any other cards with it. 1 card rewards per 1 car purchase.
strauchpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #42
BANZAIKEV
Cap'n of the Black Pearl

Drives: Black 1LT/RS/M6 W/Black interior
Thanks everyone for the awesome info. Everyone has been so informative. This is an awesome group on this forum. Thanks

Camaro5-DFW member
BANZAIKEV is offline   Reply With Quote