Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #29
scritchy

Drives: Black 2LT RS CGM Rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
the ZR1 does around 7:26. The stang isn't even as aerodynamic as the vette.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
hell the Z06 ran on the 23 of june this year a 7:22.68. no way in hell the stang comes close. lol.
The Z06 ran it 4 secs faster than the ZR1?
scritchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #30
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scritchy View Post
The Z06 ran it 4 secs faster than the ZR1?
Yes and no. When they got that time for the Z06, they recorded a new best time for the ZR1 of just under 7:20.

It wasn't a base Z06 either, it had ~$25,000 worth of options that essentially turned it into a ZR1 with the LS7 instead of the LS9.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #31
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Yes and no. When they got that time for the Z06, they recorded a new best time for the ZR1 of just under 7:20.

It wasn't a base Z06 either, it had ~$25,000 worth of options that essentially turned it into a ZR1 with the LS7 instead of the LS9.
This. The ZR1 has now done 7:19.XX with the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires (same the Z06 now benefits from if you upgrade). The tires were a huge hold-back for the Z06, not quite as much for the ZR1. Interestingly, it was still Magnusson who drove the car, not a professional 'race-car' driver. Of course, Magnusson has a lot of seat time anyway

The minute the Shelby runs anywhere under a 7:30, I'll drink my own piss. There is absolutely no way that pony would make that kind of run. If it did, it would be its last run, and then off to the glue-factory after collapsing from exhaustion at the line.

I have lots of respect for the Shelby, and it's a monster, but if Ford's current inability to sort out traction/suspension issues for the car is any indicator, I would be VERY surprised to see anything close to that... even if it did have 620HP. I thought they debunked that rumor, anyway?

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #32
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroptopZ View Post
This. The ZR1 has now done 7:19.XX with the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires (same the Z06 now benefits from if you upgrade). The tires were a huge hold-back for the Z06, not quite as much for the ZR1. Interestingly, it was still Magnusson who drove the car, not a professional 'race-car' driver. Of course, Magnusson has a lot of seat time anyway

The minute the Shelby runs anywhere under a 7:30, I'll drink my own piss. There is absolutely no way that pony would make that kind of run. If it did, it would be its last run, and then off to the glue-factory after collapsing from exhaustion at the line.

I have lots of respect for the Shelby, and it's a monster, but if Ford's current inability to sort out traction/suspension issues for the car is any indicator, I would be VERY surprised to see anything close to that... even if it did have 620HP. I thought they debunked that rumor, anyway?
Don't know about under 7:30 but boss 302 handles good get that to 620hp & add wider tires wouldn't be a bad preforming car

Rumor still 620HP last I read. Chevy should just up the boost on ZL1 to help match closer
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #33
scritchy

Drives: Black 2LT RS CGM Rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

Ok, that makes more sense to me than just a Z06 having a 4 sec faster time than a ZR1.
scritchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #34
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
Don't know about under 7:30 but boss 302 handles good get that to 620hp & add wider tires wouldn't be a bad preforming car

Rumor still 620HP last I read. Chevy should just up the boost on ZL1 to help match closer
I believe you're 2 rumours behind. The twin turbo 620 hp GT500 was replaced with a rumoured 650 hp car, which has since been replaced with a tweaked version of the current supercharged 5.4L making around 570 hp.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 08-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #35
GQ4Life

Twin turbo the really old rumor.. but when u read 570HP?
Latest I know of is 5.8L 620HP

More recent article & they are now saying no radical changes just extra 20hp but I saw something talking about a SRT8 with 570hp..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21

Last edited by GQ4Life; 08-09-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:27 AM   #36
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
Twin turbo the really old rumor.. but when u read 570HP?
Latest I know of is 5.8L 620HP
Less than a month ago

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 08-09-2011, 09:54 AM   #37
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I don't care much what the Ford guys say much anymore. I have as much a chance at changing their minds as they do mine. So I just don't worry about what they say. I know what car looks eleventybillion-times better , and that's just to start

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #38
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I don't care much what the Ford guys say much anymore. I have as much a chance at changing their minds as they do mine. So I just don't worry about what they say. I know what car looks eleventybillion-times better , and that's just to start
As if you ever really truely cared about that rhetoric? LOL.... That 4 letter word turd body style is old, stale, and boring IMHO. It's not getting any acclaim in ink for it's looks thats for sure. We have the market cornered on style, chic, and pizzaz!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #39
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
As if you ever really truely cared about that rhetoric? LOL.... That 4 letter word turd body style is old, stale, and boring IMHO. It's not getting any acclaim in ink for it's looks thats for sure. We have the market cornered on style, chic, and pizzaz!
All girls I talk to think Camaro sexier..
Mustang has had same body pretty much for 6 to 7 yrs
Old 08-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #40
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
MAHAHAHAHA!!! True, true, lol. I think anyone who likes and appreciates a car's beauty has to by lying if they say CAMARO doesn't at least have that little something, looks-wise. I can't think of many other cars (maybe a handful at best) that has the character and charisma CAMARO exudes. Of course, this comes from a CAMARO-crazy

The last generation Mustang needed the GT500 body enhancements to look any sort of good to me. There was no life in the body at all. The current generation is LOADS better looking to me. It still doesn't hold a candle to CAMARO, though. The cars that I can think of that truly look good to me in addition to CAMARO are the Corvette ZR1/Z07 (mostly because of the widebody those cars have above the base 'Vettes), early 70s Chevy trucks, Aventador, Murcielago, and mid-90s Supras. There are more, I just can't focus right now, lol. These just have a character or that something that 98% of the rest of cars do not.

Anyways, I'm not sick of it, because I don't read that trash. There were already great points toward the kind of people who make those points, and I agree a lot with them. It comes down to just not reading what I don't like

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #41
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Thats just funny. Im not a fan of the mustang, and i do want the camaro to beat it, but im not gonna say total BS to try to win a stupid argument. Take it to the track and prove that youre faster, or shut up. Thats what i think.
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #42
Houston94vert

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
That's most Mustang owners. " Wait until the 5.0! ", "Wait until the 2013 Shelby!" Well Mustang fans, what are we waiting for now?
For the ZL1 to come out.