Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #15
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDP_SS View Post
i think you should do just fine just work on your launchs and try and get in the 13's dodges are dogs and i wouldnt worry about the infiniti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Challengers look and sound nice but that's about it stock. If you lose to the Infiniti it better have been because of a blown engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
G35 coupe or sedan?

Since neither has been to the track I think your best chance will be to try to tree them.

Honestly I think both cars will have you beat E/T wise. My 04 Mustang GT was a high 13low14 second car and my buddies 05 G35 coupe was neck and neck with me when raced
Quote:
Originally Posted by 717Stunna View Post
Hands down the Camaro for the win the challenger has 360Hp and weighs over 4000 pounds without the driver and the g35 is a 3.5 liter with less then 300hp and its and auto so it shift really slow I raced both of them a challenger r/t runs 14s all day stock its and r/t not a Srt8 that's a different story and G35 haha really they are super slow unless its turboed
No offense but you guys are clueless. The g35 sedan got the 306hp vq35hr engine for 08, while the coupe stayed with the 290hp DE. The sedan is also 125 pounds lighter then the coupe and runs mid 13s @105 stock. The challenger is an RT and also does mid 13s. Sorry OP, unless they really botch the launch, you're in for a beating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
OP has a V-6, and I think a lot of people are not giving the G35 any credit in here.

R&T has a listed 1/4 of 13.90 for the coupe.

if the G35 is a coupe the OP may have their hands full
He has a better chance against the coupe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
As a 2008 Infiniti G35 owner, if it's got the X all wheel drive and he's aggressive it's going to be a very close race. Not sure why folks are sure as life these cars are slow.
Because they don't know about anything else other then the Camaro can beat anything on the internet.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:21 PM   #16
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post

Because they don't know about anything else other then the Camaro can beat anything on the internet.
Haha
Old 03-27-2014, 07:37 PM   #17
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
The G35 is a coupe with rear wheel drive. He told me how he took off traction control off (VDC in his terms) last night and slammed the gas on wet pavement and talked about how he fish tailed. He also decided to move our race to NEXT Friday since something came up.

I'm expecting to beat the Challenger to the finish line but not necessarily have the better time. The G35 needs new tires so I'm sure I'll be able to get him on that.

Also, one thing you guys need to remember is that they've never been in a drag race so they don't know the fundamentals (I'm still learning). My guess is that I'll probably win the first round but the second round may not be in my favor.
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #18
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontalvo View Post
The G35 is a coupe with rear wheel drive. He told me how he took off traction control off (VDC in his terms) last night and slammed the gas on wet pavement and talked about how he fish tailed. He also decided to move our race to NEXT Friday since something came up.

I'm expecting to beat the Challenger to the finish line but not necessarily have the better time. The G35 needs new tires so I'm sure I'll be able to get him on that.

Also, one thing you guys need to remember is that they've never been in a drag race so they don't know the fundamentals (I'm still learning). My guess is that I'll probably win the first round but the second round may not be in my favor.
Well if you cut a hole in their gas lines you should win easy!!!!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:02 AM   #19
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Where is you MACE ported IM ??? how come you miss out on this mod.

The G35 is the one you should watch. Those are light cars with good engines and gear.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:08 AM   #20
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:

I know a lot of people think the "they've never raced before" is a big factor but unless they're a manual, it doesn't play that big a role if one car is that much faster than another. Like it's been said before, unless they both botch the install, they'll have you beat. The challenger will reel you in if it's 1/4 mile. If it's 1/8 mile you have the chance that he might run out of track but in a 1/4 mile even he spins a bit, he'll get you by the end. This is from experience with that car. The g35 might be a better race but again, unless he drastically spins or stays sleeping at the light, he'll likely take it on the top end.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #21
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
I have a feeling your are going to be disappointed op
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:23 AM   #22
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
In 2010 I was at the first C5 fest in GA, and ran my stock LS with KN filter against R/T's. I beat them all off the line BUT by 1/2 track the V-8's pulled away from me. the LLT V6 did not have enough top end to beat a 376HP V8. Even though I ran 14.7's at 96mph.
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:14 AM   #23
jmontalvo

Oh well, even if I don't win, I'm pretty sure we'll have fun. I'll have my friends record the races so I can post them on here. Also, I'll take pictures of what my club has been building over the past year!
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
Old 03-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #24
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
No offense but you guys are clueless. The g35 sedan got the 306hp vq35hr engine for 08, while the coupe stayed with the 290hp DE. The sedan is also 125 pounds lighter then the coupe and runs mid 13s @105 stock. The challenger is an RT and also does mid 13s. Sorry OP, unless they really botch the launch, you're in for a beating.

He has a better chance against the coupe.

I don't know why you included me in the clueless group lol, I said both cars were probably gonna beat him lol. I guess it was bc in 08 the G sedan is faster lol(which I did not know) But I said he was probably gonna lose lol.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:56 AM   #25
jmontalvo

What does an 08 G35 coupe run?
Old 03-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #26
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
What does an 08 G35 coupe run?
Should be in the low low 14 high 13 second range.

my 04 mustang GT ran low 14s stock and when I raced my buddy with a 05 G35 coupe we were neck and neck 3 times.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #27
jmontalvo

Now factor in that he really needs new tires.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #28
Dwarfey

Drives: 2011 1LT A/T Black w/ Red Stripes
I raced my buddy on a strip and he has I think an 08 G35 Sedan. Needless to say it was pretty much dead even until about 3rd gear when I started to break away.
Keep in mind as well, I'm not sure if this matters a whole lot, since it is a straight line, that the S model has stiffer, tuned suspension, and the X model has AWD. If he has an X, then he might get you out of the gate, but you'll catch up.
The G35 is only a 5-speed, so when he shifts, he's gotta rebuild his rpms.
Also, I only had a axle-back exhaust installed at the time, and you have more mods than I do, so I would expect you to beat him.
The Challenger will give you a run for your money though.
-MRT v2.0 Exhaust -Painted Red Racing Stripes -Volant Cold Air Intake -Painted Red Interior Accents -Anzo Projector Headlights w/ Oracle White/Red Halos -Black Bowties -Rockford Fosgate 10" Sub w/ 1000W Kenwood Amp
-ZL1 Spoiler - Gloss Black Powder-coated 20" SS Wheels
Dwarfey is offline   Reply With Quote