Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
supasport

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
cop on my case...

I guess i'll delete all of this and be the one to admit i was at fault.
however the approach towards a tax payer wasn't the nicest either.
sure, ill eat the ticket, but a more respectful approach would have been nice too. \
many on here jumping on my back about it, it isn't fair either.

Last edited by supasport; 03-04-2014 at 12:54 PM.
supasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow

or

Old 03-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Rich would be doing you a favor by NOT talking to him... because obviously you won't be learning the lesson. You know you're not supposed to be on the phone. Suck it up and eat the ticket. And then THANK that officer next time you see him because he's got a thankless job that everybody wants to give him shit for trying to do.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #4
supasport

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Rich would be doing you a favor by NOT talking to him... because obviously you won't be learning the lesson. You know you're not supposed to be on the phone. Suck it up and eat the ticket. And then THANK that officer next time you see him because he's got a thankless job that everybody wants to give him shit for trying to do.
yet majority of the cops are on their phones?
love your feedback but i think police (especially in elizabeth) should be dealing with more important things rather than shoving up curses to somebody that has a clean driving record
Old 03-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #5
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
What PoorMan posted, get the stealth camaro bracket, uses the 2 bolt holes under your bumper to hold it and , no drilling needed , great investment if a plate is a must.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #6
msp2887

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by supasport View Post
love your feedback but i think police (especially in elizabeth) should be dealing with more important things rather than shoving up curses to somebody that has a clean driving record
Police, fire and EMS are exempt from the cell phone law if they say it was work related in any way. Sounds like your driving record is clear because of the actions of others, not your own. You did wrong, take your punishment and stop blaming others.
msp2887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #7
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
you have to realize your car is a magnet for cop attention... and tons of people I know have been getting these cell phone tickets driving normal cars in NJ.

I am cheap. I ordered a license plate mount ($15) and plan to attach to my front splitter myself using aluminum bars painted black. Didn't you have a front plate when your car inspected in NJ?
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #8
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Probably the only reason that you have a clean driving record is due to the fact of the PBA card{ which should be outlawed}.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #9
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Yet another, "I know I am doing something wrong....but it's someone else's fault thread."

Awesome
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #10
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
i was driving on the phone and yes, i was illegally on my phone so this police officer pulls up next to my oncoming traffic and tells me to put it away so i did. i put the phone down and i drove off.
He reverses with this anger and tells me to pull over and gets out of the car.
"Are you ****ing kidding me, did you think i was pulling up to you to say hi"?
im in shock at his crazy anger so i answered back, honestly no, but i put my phone back down as you requested"
mind you i have a PBA card that i didn't feel like handing over to him, and the Signer of my PBA card graduated with him in the academy...
after this officer handed me my ticket for cellphone use he threatened me with "if i see your front bumper without a license plate im pulling you over" so i got quite lucky today with that.
I'm the only camaro in elizabeth that has a front end like this and i DO NOT wanna drill holes in my bumper or even put a license plate on it.
i gave rich a call and and he said he will attempt to get him off my case with the ticket as well.
Nice post. Your sh*tty attitude and lack of insight just SCREAM immaturity.

Of course all of your fellow community members in Elizabeth, NJ, as well as many of us in your approx. vicinity, are inspired by your "confidence". YOU, obviously, are one of the very few people who'll never be involved in an accident while driving and gabbing on the phone. You got damned bluetooth, don't you? Utilize the technology in your Camaro, or some other hands-free device or STFU while you're driving. "Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel", as the song goes.

You got off CHEAP. Appreciate this experience as a "lesson learned" rather than becoming involved in an accident and potentially killing or maming someone or yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Quote:
Nice come-back. How old are you, again?

You're a "marked" man...er...boy, we shouldn't even be responding to you...

...and get your license plate taken care of. You darned scofflaw!
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 03-04-2014 at 05:10 AM.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #11
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by msp2887 View Post
Police, fire and EMS are exempt from the cell phone law if they say it was work related in any way. Sounds like your driving record is clear because of the actions of others, not your own. You did wrong, take your punishment and stop blaming others.
The law is the law... like it or not. Deal with it, OP! Yeah, some LEOs are buttheads, but many of them have to put up with even bigger buttheads when dealing with the public. Give 'em a break and obey the law!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #12
jrpimp00

Drives: '10 Black/IOM Camaro SS/RS
Suck it up and take it as a learning lesson. I almost got hit 3 times this past Saturday because people were on their phones talking or texting, while i was riding my motorcycle.

I say he had a valid point ticketing you.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:48 PM   #13
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
you have to realize your car is a magnet for cop attention... and tons of people I know have been getting these cell phone tickets driving normal cars in NJ.

I am cheap. I ordered a license plate mount ($15) and plan to attach to my front splitter myself using aluminum bars painted black. Didn't you have a front plate when your car inspected in NJ?
It can be done cheaply - two wing nuts through the lower grille and a strip of Velcro to keep it from rubbing the paint - less than two bucks. Still in place after 3 years and holding strong.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #14
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
Yet another, "I know I am doing something wrong....but it's someone else's fault thread."

Awesome