Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
TekkGuy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/Sunroof
Talking Just Ordered My Camaro!!!!

I just ordered my Camaro today! Merry early Christmas to me! Hehehe

Blank/Black 2LT/RS Automatic w/ Sunroof... EToD: February.

I can't wait!!!! Thank you all on these forums for helping answer my questions and giving me the final push needed after a 6 month debate. ::Grins:: I can't wait to get my new car!!!!

Now, like many of you did and are doing....I wait.... ::Sigh::

- Tekk

Last edited by TekkGuy; 12-08-2009 at 08:45 AM.
TekkGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Congrats...... Many of us know that feeling.

Did you get the order #.?
Old 12-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
We'll be here for ya to make the wait bearable...that's how we survived the long wait for our Camaros...
Congrats and Merry 'early' Christmas to you...good luck on the 'wait'...
Old 12-05-2009, 04:55 PM   #4
mjlash22

Drives: 2007 Ford Fusion SE
Congrats, just dont forget that the constraint is still in effect, and did you get allocation? That is the big question as to whether your ETA is correct.
3000 = Accepted By Production Control 1/7/10 (TPW: 2/1/10)
3400 = Broadcast 1/23/10
3800 = Produced 2/2/10 (2G1FC1EV6A9189068)
4150 = Invoiced 2/5/10
4200 = Shipped
5000 = Delivered To Dealer
6000 = Delivered To Customer
mjlash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #5
slacker
Troubled 40 something

Drives: 2010 IOM RS/SS M6
Great news! You will be happy when you get it....
Old 12-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #6
TekkGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
Congrats...... Many of us know that feeling.

Did you get the order #.?
No wish I did. But apparently there is an "order freeze" by GM for the next week or so since GM stops production for a couple of weeks in December. But my sales rep promised to call me as soon as he has the order # so I can start tracking it.

I am so excited!
TekkGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Congratulations on ordering you car! Mine is on order too.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #8
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
They stop making them... they do not stop taking orders.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:06 AM   #9
TekkGuy

Indecisive...

I know this thread is kinda dead, but I had to vent a little.

So I ordered my Camaro last weekend... This was after going to several different Banks (including a Credit Union) to find APR's for an Auto Loan. I found the best rate through the bank that I currently deal with. Apparently no one, not even the Credit Union, could beat the APR my bank was offereing, and they also deal directly with my dealer, so I get to waive the "processing fee" too...

Here's the deal... I recieved a 30-Day pre-approval for my loan, which expires the end of this month. My car is supposed to be delivered some time in Feb. So when the car comes, I have to re-apply for the loan...with the knowledge that there could be a chance the APR would increase. Also, I lose the $500 60-Day Waiver option, and I lose out on the Tax Write-off for 2009... All because my dealer doesn't have the car in Black, only White, Blue and Silver.

Now I sit here, debating back and forth whether I should just bite the bullet and get a different color from the ones in stock (which I really don't want to do) just so I don't miss out on all the financial deals...

So, just curious....what would you guys do?

Old 12-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #10
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I got my dealer to guarantee the $500 rebate even is Chevy discontinues it. He would take it out of his own profit on the car. That's when I agreed to buy the car. I told him it was a deal breaker. So, I ordered the car in the color I wanted.

On the loan side, it doesn't seem that interest rates are going to up anytime soon - at least not significantly.

I would say, get the color you want. You will have the car for years and you'll be glad you got the one you wanted. Just mho.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:35 AM   #11
TekkGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I got my dealer to guarantee the $500 rebate even is Chevy discontinues it. He would take it out of his own profit on the car. That's when I agreed to buy the car. I told him it was a deal breaker. So, I ordered the car in the color I wanted.

On the loan side, it doesn't seem that interest rates are going to up anytime soon - at least not significantly.

I would say, get the color you want. You will have the car for years and you'll be glad you got the one you wanted. Just mho.
I'm surprised the sales rep guaranteed the $500... You're very luck IMHO. My sales rep, although very nice, wouldn't take the $500 off his profit/commision to make the sale. As it stands, he quoted me at MSRP which no other dealer in the area would do. Every dealer here wanted to charge $2K over MSRP or sometimes more!

That's the same thought I had regarding the interest rates. I hope it pans out that way...or if I am REALLY lucky, maybe it will go down. Although I doubt it since I apparently got a rock bottom APR to begin with. None of the other banks could believe the low rate I got, which surprised me because I thought all banks where roughly around the same general rate...

And of course I just have to cross my fingers that they extend the "tax write-off" into 2010... That would be really nice...of course I can't count on it.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #12
SharpSS

Drives: Decked Out Inferno Orange 2SS
Congats!!! I don't think I could have handled waiting to order one. I just told my dealer to call when he got one in that I would want.
SharpSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #13
TekkGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpSS View Post
Congats!!! I don't think I could have handled waiting to order one. I just told my dealer to call when he got one in that I would want.
Believe me, part of me is thinking about calling my dealer and cancelling my custom order and taking one in stock. But another part of me tells me to wait, because even though I may lose out on the financial incentives, I would not be 100% happy with the car because it's not what I initially wanted. So I think I am going to just sit tight, try not to break down, and wait for MY car to arrive.

This waiting thing is sooooo not easy.

-Tekk
Old 12-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #14
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekkGuy View Post
Believe me, part of me is thinking about calling my dealer and cancelling my custom order and taking one in stock. But another part of me tells me to wait, because even though I may lose out on the financial incentives, I would not be 100% happy with the car because it's not what I initially wanted. So I think I am going to just sit tight, try not to break down, and wait for MY car to arrive.

This waiting thing is sooooo not easy.

-Tekk
I think its worth the wait, the way you want the car. Hold out bro, I sorta don't have a choice, because my TSX lease runs till Feb, but I would still wait on the car
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote