Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-11-2014, 05:37 PM   #463
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
dznts, if you'd like to gain weight (bulking) just do the same as above but instead of subtracting .20.....add .10....that will put you in a slow bulk, you should gain around .5lbs a week to minimize fat gains....
Appreciate the info, I've got the bulking part down . I've recently made changes to my workouts so I figure that's the culprit. I will get everything back on track. I'm only shy of my goal by 20lbs +\-
Old 03-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #464
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
Appreciate the info, I've got the bulking part down . I've recently made changes to my workouts so I figure that's the culprit. I will get everything back on track. I'm only shy of my goal by 20lbs +\-

good to hear! 20 pounds to go!?
stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:51 PM   #465
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Quote:
good to hear! 20 pounds to go!?
Well actually closer to 15 lbs to go.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #466
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Thanks guys!

Welcome stt816! While I agree that you can still eat the things you want as long as they fit into your calories/macros I don't think it's a good habit to get into for daily routine. And I don't think you can say eating clean will always put you in a bad place mentally.
While everyone is different and what works for one doesn't always work for another, I firmly believe in crap in crap out. (not literally, figuratively lol) I know when I eat greasy chemical loaded food I usually end up feeling like crap physically. I can tell in my energy levels and in my workouts. Usually the 80/20% works for me, 80% of the time I try to eat clean and 20% of the time I eat what I want! I eat cookies and pizza and things everyone loves just not all the time. There has to be a balance. Not this is my calorie limit and I can eat fried chicken and fries all the time as long as I don't pass up my calorie allowance.
(And for reference I've been eating clean and working out for almost 10 years, my sister is a nutritionist - I read her text books for fun, and I am also studying for my NASM and my CF1)
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #467
stt816

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
Thanks guys!

Welcome stt816! While I agree that you can still eat the things you want as long as they fit into your calories/macros I don't think it's a good habit to get into for daily routine. And I don't think you can say eating clean will always put you in a bad place mentally.
While everyone is different and what works for one doesn't always work for another, I firmly believe in crap in crap out. (not literally, figuratively lol) I know when I eat greasy chemical loaded food I usually end up feeling like crap physically. I can tell in my energy levels and in my workouts. Usually the 80/20% works for me, 80% of the time I try to eat clean and 20% of the time I eat what I want! I eat cookies and pizza and things everyone loves just not all the time. There has to be a balance. Not this is my calorie limit and I can eat fried chicken and fries all the time as long as I don't pass up my calorie allowance.
(And for reference I've been eating clean and working out for almost 10 years, my sister is a nutritionist - I read her text books for fun, and I am also studying for my NASM and my CF1)

perfectly said, except it could most definitely be a daily routine if you are consuming enough fiber. There is nothing wrong with that. Also i am not telling people to eat crap all the time because with a low calorie diet, that wouldn't be smart, they would feel hungry more often. What I am saying is that you can still fit your favorite foods in and still lose weight...80/20 is a good model to go by.

Last edited by stt816; 03-11-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #468
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
perfectly said, i am not telling people to eat crap all the time because with a low calorie diet, that wouldn't be smart, they would feel hungry more often. What I am saying is that you can still fit your favorite foods in and still lose weight...80/20 is a good model to go by.
Since you are giving very good advices how about helping out my buddy Kevin (Kjkjr27) he's getting in a down zone because he doesn't see huge body changes and I don't want him to quick! you saw the photos, he's doing insanity... what can he do to drop weight faster?
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:12 PM   #469
stt816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
Since you are giving very good advices how about helping out my buddy Kevin (Kjkjr27) he's getting in a down zone because he doesn't see huge body changes and I don't want him to quick! you saw the photos, he's doing insanity... what can he do to drop weight faster?

nutrition first, exercise 2nd
most people would agree it comes down to 80% nutrition 20% exercise when wanting to meet your goals

to lose weight is simple, you must burn more calories then you take in, that is it.

Kevin needs to carefully plan out his diet like i put above. Insanity is a cardio based workout so that will make him burn more calories, I would however get him lifting too. I would recommend insanity on his off days...

Kevin I am here for you, I really want to help....PM me any time or talk to me through here
Old 03-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #470
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Had a great leg day. Still didn't get under the squat bar, but hoping next week I will be good to go.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #471
stt816

you don't barbell squat? have you ever?

Sorry if you said it before, so many pages lol
Old 03-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #472
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Quote:
you don't barbell squat? have you ever?

Sorry if you said it before, so many pages lol
Yes I squat. I have had some back issues lately and haven't been able to get back under the bar. Should be cleared by next week.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #473
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:
i have never seen so much nonsense in my entire life, please do not listen to most of these people. I am a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, lots of myths in this thread...it is amazing that people are saying carbs will drive your weight up or don't eat bread that is utter bs.

If you are cutting you don't change to lighter weights higher reps....another myth, your meals don't have to be 100% clean who likes to eat tilapia and chicken all day.....

EXERCISE
to anyone trying to cut weight here is what you need to do. Since most of you are beginners you need to start a full body, weight routine. One that I like is AllPros seen here
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=155009423
On your off days (4 days per week) do cardio....

NUTRITION
as far as nutrition you want to calculate your BMR
do that here http://www.calculatorpro.com/calcula...mr-calculator/

Once you find your BMR (that is how many calories your body burns if you laid in bed all day, how much your body uses just to be living)
you need to multiply it depending on your life style
This Activity Factor is the TOTAL cost of living, NOT JUST TRAINING. If you train 1 hr a day - CONSIDER WHAT YOU DO THE OTHER 23 HRS! It includes work, life activities, training/sport & the TEF of ~15% (an average mixed diet).
Average activity variables are:
1.2 = Sedentary (Desk job, and Little Formal Exercise)
1.3-1.4 = Lightly Active (Light daily activity AND light exercise 1-3 days a week)
1.5-1.6 = Moderately Active (Moderately daily Activity & Moderate exercise 3-5 days a week)
1.7-1.8 = Very Active (Physically demanding lifestyle & Hard exercise 6-7 days a week)
1.9-2.2 = Extremely Active (Athlete in ENDURANCE training or VERY HARD physical job)

After that you will get another number, take this number and multiply it by .20%, now subtract

EX
I get 1500 BMR....I am moderately active so 1500 x 1.5 that gives me 2,250 THIS IS MY MAINTENANCE!!! Meaning I would stay the same weight if i maintained a moderately active lifestyle if i ate 2,250 calories a day. But since we want to lose weight we take 2,250 x .20 that is 450.

2,250 (maintanance) - 450
1800 calories per day to lose weight

Now that we know our calories we are going to make a http://www.myfitnesspal.com account (this is to track calories)
Here's what your diet should consist of
Protein- 1g per pound, 150lbs person needs 150 grams a day
Fats- FATS ARE NOT THE DEVIL, JUST LIKE CARBS! .45g per pound 150lbs person would need 67.5 grams

The remaining calories you can eat WHATEVER YOU WANT AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT!!!!

what does this mean? YES you can eat that pizza, eat that bread. you can eat that candy....AS LONG as it fits in your calories you can eat it! This also means you can eat it at ANY time you want, you have some calories left before bed, you want a pb & j sandwich...EAT IT! your body doesn't magically shut off when you go to sleep. Also post workout nutrition is irrelevant, as long as you get the 1g of protein per pound you are FINE!!!! It comes down to moderation and portion control

This applies to women and men, Women should train no different then men, and no women don't get bulky if they lift weights

This is called If it fits in your Macros or IIFYM, google it. Proven time and time again to be mentally beneficial to people, eating clean mostly just develops bad relationships with food.

below is my transformation

+1

FINALLY! I totally agree!

I've been training for 18 years and I'm also NASM certified along with other Certs! I've been reading this thread for so long and I just didn't want to take the time to write this! Also didn't want to hurt other peoples feelings because hey...they are trying to change for the better! I'm always willing to help but I know how it feels for someone you've never met give you advice you didn't ask for!

If you're struggling or want to change...give the above a good read and follow through with it!

Good Job stt816!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:55 PM   #474
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
Yes I squat. I have had some back issues lately and haven't been able to get back under the bar. Should be cleared by next week.
Ah bummer.
How do you live?! Lol.
I look forward to leg day every week!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:55 PM   #475
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
Definitely concentrate on diet!!!

Then develop the weight routine! Compound exercise's...Squats, Bench Press, deadlifts...don't worry so much on isolation excersise's. Yes they're important but let's build a strong foundation first! CORE CORE CORE!

Also checkout bodybuilding.com! Great info and motivation too! Especially Bodyspace which is on Bodybuilding.com!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:56 PM   #476
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
Ah bummer.
How do you live?! Lol.
Lmao yah. It definitely sucks. But I'll be back at it in no time throwing up big weight again.