Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #127
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Camaro SS/RS
I agree, but at 1/10 the price??? For those that can't afford or make their own like I did... Wait till you see what I have working this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttexxan View Post
doesnt look near as good sorry
Old 05-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #128
ttexxan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Well have no idea on how to do a group buy think have to be a vendor or something to activate....However PM if you are interested in the lights
Old 05-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #129
ttexxan

I sent some PM's out to everyone...Let me know
Old 05-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #130
ttexxan

bump
Old 05-16-2012, 04:51 AM   #131
Genious
Army EOD Tech

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Was it trying to organize a group buy that got him suspended.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #132
ttexxan

Please disregard PM's sent or any reference to a group buy....I was unaware could not even discuss it through PM's. My mistake. I was banned last night and guessing ADMIN thought I was a sponsor looking to sell something...I was just looking to have 10 people so I could get a discount as well. So word to the wise not allowed apparently. I have been a member here long time and would never go against the rules knowing or for monetary gain without permission from Admin.
I never heard from Admin formally, but after receiving the ban noticed I attempted to contact them via the contact form explaining my mistake.
I am hoping with the ability to log in the ban was lifted and everything is good.
I apologize to Admin or anyone if I was in correct incontacting for the lights.

As a side note I already talked to my installer and he is able to obtain and RGB kit so all is good and light kit is on it way.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #133
Nicklongino

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
I bought my wheel led's off ebay about 1 week ago still waiting to get them in and put them on!! That looks good bud nice job.
Nicklongino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #134
Nicklongino

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttexxan View Post
Please disregard PM's sent or any reference to a group buy....I was unaware could not even discuss it through PM's. My mistake. I was banned last night and guessing ADMIN thought I was a sponsor looking to sell something...I was just looking to have 10 people so I could get a discount as well. So word to the wise not allowed apparently. I have been a member here long time and would never go against the rules knowing or for monetary gain without permission from Admin.
I never heard from Admin formally, but after receiving the ban noticed I attempted to contact them via the contact form explaining my mistake.
I am hoping with the ability to log in the ban was lifted and everything is good.
I apologize to Admin or anyone if I was in correct incontacting for the lights.

As a side note I already talked to my installer and he is able to obtain and RGB kit so all is good and light kit is on it way.
Grats on the light kit and unban haha. I will post pictures on here when I install mine so ya'll can see the difference in the lights.
Nicklongino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #135
damneighborkid

Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Just found the video while messing around on youtube. WOW! MUST GET THESE! (And not just because I'm a Lighting Designer. ok, maybe a little...) Great to see a link back to C5, too!
damneighborkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #136
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
not gonna lie, they look pretty dumb.
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:11 PM   #137
EDWEIRD

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6
Send a message via Skype™ to EDWEIRD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper View Post
not gonna lie, they look pretty dumb.
Solid constructive criticism. I'm totally glad you shared your opinion.

I personally dig it. It's unique, and will blow away any member of the public that sees them in real life.

Ed
EDWEIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #138
Wooden Heart

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWEIRD View Post
Solid constructive criticism. I'm totally glad you shared your opinion.

I personally dig it. It's unique, and will blow away any member of the public that sees them in real life.

Ed

I agree, I think they look great!
Wooden Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #139
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Update....

Thought I would take min to throw out somethings that happened to me while having the wheel lights installed.

First off. Nobody in my town has it. I have met a ton of nice people who walk up to me smiling and saying how much they love it. Cellphones pop out and people start up conversations. It is the type of mod everyone has to come up to you and try and figure out how they are wired or how it was done. One guy told me that my 9v battery that runs them wouldn't power it very long... yeah... lol

A firetruck stalked me to the gas station and flipped his lights real quick so I would pull over. He wanted to tell me it was awesome and he was going to buy them.

A few hotties flashed me their melons one night but they were drunk and I don't count them as an accurate reading of the mod.

In the daylight I get the most postive feedback because they are bright enough to add accent to the car. It pretty much works all the time for adding a bit of customization to the car.

Now some bad things..... My sons friend is a police office and told me he saw me a few times around town and since I am the only camaro with it on I singled myself out if I ever cause a complaint that gets phoned it. ( note to self : Turn of lights before robbing bank! check.... )

The police have left me alone but I think its because they have other things to do than pull me over for a non moving violation.

Again my sons father told me he wouldn't ticket me based on the color. Anything blue or red and its on like Donkey Kong. No breaks - just a fat ticket. He didn't see them at night ( only looked while parked in the garage in the day ) and I know for a fact they boarder on distracting to other drivers so I don't often roll with them on unless there is a good reason.

I could go on for a long time but this is the best mod I have ever done and the stock mags are perfect for letting enough light out that it works.

Below is a slightly blurry picture but it is about the most accurate non over exposed shot I have that is as close to what you would see with your naked eye at night. Still hope to see some people post pics on here with their car. God knows I answered enough PM's that about 5 people should be getting them on.

Note on the picture..... the light output to your eye and on the ground is correct but my wife's camera makes it look a bit bluer than reality. I post this picture because this is what you would see pretty much in real life just add a tad more white to the light color.

Oh yeah....... big thing here which made me write this whole post...... I saw a knock of system like this that had LED lights in it today at a flea market but they are facing down on the ring.... That means you wont get as bright of a glow and most of the light will fire at the inside of the rim. My leds are mounted on the side of the ring and they shine right in your face..... Beware if the price seems to low you are not getting the real deal.
Attached Images

Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #140
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
Thought I would take min to throw out somethings that happened to me while having the wheel lights installed.

First off. Nobody in my town has it. I have met a ton of nice people who walk up to me smiling and saying how much they love it. Cellphones pop out and people start up conversations. It is the type of mod everyone has to come up to you and try and figure out how they are wired or how it was done. One guy told me that my 9v battery that runs them wouldn't power it very long... yeah... lol

A firetruck stalked me to the gas station and flipped his lights real quick so I would pull over. He wanted to tell me it was awesome and he was going to buy them.

A few hotties flashed me their melons one night but they were drunk and I don't count them as an accurate reading of the mod.

In the daylight I get the most postive feedback because they are bright enough to add accent to the car. It pretty much works all the time for adding a bit of customization to the car.

Now some bad things..... My sons friend is a police office and told me he saw me a few times around town and since I am the only camaro with it on I singled myself out if I ever cause a complaint that gets phoned it. ( note to self : Turn of lights before robbing bank! check.... )

The police have left me alone but I think its because they have other things to do than pull me over for a non moving violation.

Again my sons father told me he wouldn't ticket me based on the color. Anything blue or red and its on like Donkey Kong. No breaks - just a fat ticket. He didn't see them at night ( only looked while parked in the garage in the day ) and I know for a fact they boarder on distracting to other drivers so I don't often roll with them on unless there is a good reason.

I could go on for a long time but this is the best mod I have ever done and the stock mags are perfect for letting enough light out that it works.

Below is a slightly blurry picture but it is about the most accurate non over exposed shot I have that is as close to what you would see with your naked eye at night. Still hope to see some people post pics on here with their car. God knows I answered enough PM's that about 5 people should be getting them on.

Note on the picture..... the light output to your eye and on the ground is correct but my wife's camera makes it look a bit bluer than reality. I post this picture because this is what you would see pretty much in real life just add a tad more white to the light color.

Oh yeah....... big thing here which made me write this whole post...... I saw a knock of system like this that had LED lights in it today at a flea market but they are facing down on the ring.... That means you wont get as bright of a glow and most of the light will fire at the inside of the rim. My leds are mounted on the side of the ring and they shine right in your face..... Beware if the price seems to low you are not getting the real deal.

wow !!!!!! that looks beautiful !!