Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 07-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #239
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Prince Chevrolet of Albany, GA - In December of last year, I traded in my '12 V6 for a '13 SS at Prince of Albany. It was a thoroughly positive purchasing experience as their sales staff is great and I knew from past experience that I could count on the service staff if needed.

They had installed a new Torque Converter on my previous Camaro (the one I traded in for the '13 SS). When I dropped the car off they drove me home (20+ miles) and then picked me up the next day when car was ready.

When they "found" my SS for me (some 250 miles away), it had everything I wanted except that it had the Midnight Silver wheels (I wanted polished aluminum). They searched everywhere in a 300 mile radius but could not find one with everything I wanted. I went into renegotiation with the sales folks and they sweetened the pot with an indoor/outdoor Camaro car cover ($300+ value) and we made the deal.

The following week, they installed my Heritage Grille and did a fine job. I have not had any issues with the new car but I am confident that if I do, Prince Chevrolet of Albany, GA will be there to fill my need.

Definitely a +1 Dealership in my book!
Added them to the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by toytruckman View Post
Bryan Chevy Metairie La. Is a Gold standard dealer. Both new car sales and service. I have had no experience with used car sales, but have traded many cars to them and have always gotten a fair price.

Dave
Have you had any interaction with their service department?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello Camaro Lovers,

I'm sure one of us has already jumped on this thread in the past to say as such, but should you ever want a compliment or complaint documented further, and for us to either call up your dealership to sing their praises or check into any given situation further, we're here. We would need to gather some more private information (your contact information) and so would prefer a direct message so as to protect your privacy.

Regards,
Sarah (Assisting William)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Awesome to see this! Thank you much Sarah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyw View Post
We bought it used with 40K miles. During the test drive it looked like the headlights were working properly, but due to some mods by the PO they were not safe to drive on at night. Speedway replaced the wiring harness and headlight buckets at no extra charge to make sure they sold us a safe car.
Got it. Updated the OP with your review
Old 07-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #240
bkdamon

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 1LT
Heritage Chevrolet, Lugoff, SC
Took my 2012 in today to get the torque converter shudder problem diagnosed.
After they found out I was the 2nd owner they suggested I take the car to a Columbia dealer since "they didn't have any tech with transmission experience for a 2012".
Really?!!?
bkdamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #241
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdamon View Post
Heritage Chevrolet, Lugoff, SC
Took my 2012 in today to get the torque converter shudder problem diagnosed.
After they found out I was the 2nd owner they suggested I take the car to a Columbia dealer since "they didn't have any tech with transmission experience for a 2012".
Really?!!?
Added to the OP
Old 07-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #242
Au201

Drives: Black V6 auto 2LT RS
Removed.
Au201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #243
OKCINFERNO
Hangin' Out

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Okc
Dealership - Hudiburg Chevrolet. Always had a good experience with them and the staff is top notch.
STEALERSHIP - David Stanley - Dont even know where to start. Very corrupt and GM should do an undercover boss here
OKCINFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:03 PM   #244
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCINFERNO View Post
Okc
Dealership - Hudiburg Chevrolet. Always had a good experience with them and the staff is top notch.
STEALERSHIP - David Stanley - Dont even know where to start. Very corrupt and GM should do an undercover boss here
Tell me about it. I was pissed when I heard Marc Heitz (down the road in Norman - where I bought my car) sold out to David Stanley. I'll second Hudiburg's service department too.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #245
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
courtesy chevy by Orlando international airport. they are an autonation chevy and the service dept there is awful. not sure how to link this to my thread
here is the thread
DO NOT TAKE YOUR ZL-1 TO COURTESY CHEVY BY AIRPORT READ WHY

so as many here know my car has been at courtesy chevy by the airport since Monday for a simple list of warranty repairs. when the car was dropped off we did a full walk around inside and out so there would be no issues upon pick up. yesterday I stopped in to check on progress and the techs are working on my car with no fender guards to protect the paint. this morning I go to pick up my car that is supposed to be done. when I get there the first thing I see is the hood is severely scratched up from them putting in the new ecf insert, then I open my door and the side bolsters on my seat are crushed and wrinkled. then under the hood theres coolant all over top of intake and other engine parts that the tech didn't clean up after his work was done. the instructions I left were there was to be no wiping on the exterior paint period as I just paid to have to car polished and waxed to a mirror finish. needless to say whoever wiped down my car scratched the piss out of it. so I then talk with service manager who then tells me the seat is nomal wear although after 25k miles of driving it did not look like it does now when I dropped it off. immediately he got defensive and said hes not going to put a new seat in. I didn't ask for a new seat i was just pointing out the issues at that time. he then told me my car has a laundry list of repairs which is total b.s as the only repairs I get are warranty work or service bulletins. I told him we always have issues when my car gets left overnight. last time someone stole the valve stem caps and wrote wash me in the dust on the car, another time the tech wasted my door edge on the cement wall, on my SS they greased up the orange leather beyond cleaning and the list of monkey antics goes on and on. at that point the service manager told me he does not care about my car or what happens to it because I did not buy it there. on top of it they've had it since Monday and they still didn't fix the rearend noise yet they are throwing parts at an issue theyre unsure of the cause. take this warning and DO NOT USE COURTESY CHEVY FOR REPAIRS or your car will be damaged! now im stuck with the monkey brigade attempting the rest of the repairs since no other dealer wants to fix other dealers screw-ups. this is unacceptable behavior for a dealership and obviously they don't care about the cars brought to them for service bulletins especially if you didn't buy it from them. although if they had a ZL-1 when I got mine I would've bought from them but they only got 1 for 2012 and had no other allotments. im not sure what to do at this point but I will be finding a new dealer. I called g.m customer service and they opened a case but told me theres nothing they can do, they do not reprimand bad dealerships. with the way I was treated there today I will never buy another chevy from an autonation dealership and at this point I may not buy another chevy

Last edited by joes407; 07-31-2013 at 05:50 PM.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #246
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
courtesy chevy by Orlando international airport. they are an autonation chevy and the service dept there is awful. not sure how to link this to my thread
Copy/paste?
Old 07-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #247
bkdamon

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 1LT
Capitol Chevrolet - Columbia, SC
+10 (can I do that?)

Took my 2012 in for the torque converter problem and here's my experience:
  1. Drove up and they greeted me outside
  2. Told them I had an appointment and they honored the time
  3. Explained the problem and they were already up to speed on the issue
  4. had me signed in and had the car on the way out for check ride
  5. in 15 minutes the service agent tells me it is in fact the TC
  6. i'm given a loaner even though I didn't buy the car from them!
  7. They have the part in stock
  8. they make the repair in one day
  9. They also check my dash pad bubble and
  10. I go back next week to replace when the part comes in

This is the most professional and courteous dealership I've experienced in 40 years of car buying!
My hat's off to Levi and his team for all they have done to make my experience an outstanding one. It will pay off as I intend to make my next car purchase with Capitol. Great Job People!

Last edited by bkdamon; 08-22-2013 at 08:11 PM.
bkdamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #248
isleguy99

Drives: 2017 ZL1 HBM A10
I'll give props to Tom Naquin's in Elkhart Indiana. Bought my 2010 2SS off lot 4 years ago, salesman was active on this website. Uneventful service repair last 4 years. Will now be trading in my 2SS for a new ZL1. They offered me 2,000 more than another local dealer, no pressure and threw in the tinting for free.
isleguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #249
cb4dude

Drives: 2010 LT1 M6
Dan Courville Chevrolet - Sudbury, Ontario Canada
Great service and support, even with several bolt ons.
Doug Thorley Shorty Headers - K&N CAI - VMax Black Iceolator - VMax Ported Throttle Body - Hotchkis Lowering Springs - BMR Toe Rods & Trailing Arms - American Racing Rims - Polished stainless accents - Chrome Grill - 1LT Badging
cb4dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #250
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Dealership; McCurley Integrity Chevrolet in Pasco, Washington.
I have never had a need to take my Camaro in for service yet, but I have bought two trucks from them, one gas and the second diesel. Both of those needed some work on them at some point and they were promptly repaired, no questions asked. I have always been treated with courtesy and respect by their friendly staff. Sales side shows the same type of commitment for their customers. Their moniker is "We never charge more than MSRP"

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #251
MARTYBMW

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS RJT Convertible
Tom Benson Chevrolet, San Antonio +1

The service department is frigging awesome. Every item I have ever had an issue with it has either been fixed first visit or the second in the case of waiting on parts. My top was replace due to the fraying issue. First time in, no arguments, no discussions, they looked saw the issue and had everything on order that same day. The replacement was done off site. The shop where it was done protected every single part of my car and the top worked better than new. During a routine oil change they noted that my rear deck lid had rubbed my rear bumper where excess paint had gathered during production. They had me in a week later and repainted my rear deck lid properly, Removed, repaired, painted and replaced my rear bumper. All to superior standards.Next was a discoloration of the leather on passenger seat. When the new leather came in they actually replaced both seat covers so they would match. They even broke the headrest on the drivers side by accident. They called me, explained what had been done and provided me with a free oil service to make up for their error. Then when the headrest came in, sent the tech out to my work place to replace it saving me a trip and loss of time at work. On my last visit they found the rear deck lid seal damaged and replaced it. Each and every time I had to bring my car in for work that would keep it longer than that day, I got a loaner Camaro. That's why I keep going back. My buying experience with them had some minor hiccups but the service department is top notch and I am not looking to go else where for a while.

Born On 04/01/11
MARTYBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #252
FLGator75
Don't Tread on me!

Drives: 2017 Yellow Camaro RS/V-6.
Send a message via ICQ to FLGator75 Send a message via AIM to FLGator75 Send a message via Yahoo to FLGator75
Add Ron Anderson(Yulee/Fernandina Beach, FL) to the excellent dealership list.
FLGator75 is offline   Reply With Quote