Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 06-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
SS_Falco

Drives: 2SS 1LE RS. IOM
What's wrong with these camaro owners

So I'm currently working in the asshole of Alberta, otherwise known as Christina lake ( 15mins from Conklin). The hwy(881) gets shut down yesterday because of all the rain I guess it was flooding over. It's a dirt road for the last 15km, and not just any dirt road, no this one has potholes large enough to swallow trucks in it.. Just the other day it took me (in my 2012 silverado) over 30mins to traverse this nightmare. Along the way passing 3 vehicles that didn't make it... And what do I see going to work today not one but two camaros parked at camp! What's wrong with these guys! The roads here are so brutal truck axles are constantly snapping on these roads. Yet they figured hey... I'm going to drive my sports car down this beauty. My advise, if your looking for a used camaro in Alberta, you might want to ask if they ever worked in Christina lakes before.
SS_Falco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #2
FitterMike

Drives: Camaro
which lovely site you working at? I spent sometime up in that lovely part of the province. I don't like driving my truck up there yet my Camaro.
Avante Garde F241 20x10 Front 20x11 Rear
Pioneer Stage 4 Sub x2, Pioneer Stage 4 3Way Components, Pioneer PRS 2 Channel ICE Amps x5
Magnuson TVS2300, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, Roto-Fab Intake
Follow me on Instagram @flawlessdetailsinc
Tuned and Built by Davenport Motorsports.
FitterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
SS_Falco

I'm building a sub station up here for cenovus so not entirely on a specific site per say.. But yeah I did not enjoy the ride in my truck I couldn't imagine it in a camaro.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
SB09

Drives: 2012 SS/RS M6 AGM
First thing that come to mind is the Camaro is their only source of transportation.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #5
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Independent rear suspension and traction control. Give'er shit! If it is all you have to drive then that's just what you gotta do. A lot of people drive their Camaro as a year round daily driver. I'm lucky enough to have the choice to take her out or not but a lot of people don't. I see some Camaro drivers in the dead of winter driving the car. I don't think what an idiot.. I think " THAT DUDE HAS SKILLS! "
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Drove my old SS 3 winters with no issues, across Canada and all over. The 1LE is to low so I'll be breaking out my 79 EL Camino SS this winter <- now that one takes skill to drive in the winter, Camaro was easy with the right shoes. Aside from one trip down a dirt road due to washouts and avoided gravel at all costs though
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler H View Post
Independent rear suspension and traction control. Give'er shit! If it is all you have to drive then that's just what you gotta do. A lot of people drive their Camaro as a year round daily driver. I'm lucky enough to have the choice to take her out or not but a lot of people don't. I see some Camaro drivers in the dead of winter driving the car. I don't think what an idiot.. I think " THAT DUDE HAS SKILLS! "
Don't know a thing about the road you speak of, but I drove my car this past winter and had a blast in it! I will admit there were 2 times however that I was nervous in it but that was due moreso to the blowing snow and lack of visibility than anything. I wouldn't drive a zl1 in the winter though, too much power!!
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
SS_Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
First thing that come to mind is the Camaro is their only source of transportation.
Yeah your probAbly right, the thing is this is in the oil patch where your not just driving it a few times down a bad road.. You get to enjoy these conditions every job why would you buy such a badass vehicle just to wreck it in a year, the ammout you will spend fixing it you could buy a work vehicle