Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #57
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
My Harley has a keyless ignition, and I love it. I don't have to worry about the keys scratching my paint at all. The keyfob stays in my pocket and the bike won't start unless I am within 25 feet. Once I turn the ignition off it arms the alarm and is good to go, all I have to do is walk away.

I hate driving my wife's Tahoe with her keys because she has one of those horrible lanyards that hangs down and bangs on my leg, if her Tahoe had a keyless ignition this wouldn't be a problem. The same is true for the Camaro. I think it would be great. It's easy tech that would make life easy for us, but it might be beyond GM ...

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #58
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
as long as it didnt turn out like the Challegers...where on top gear richard was inside teh diner, and jermy went out side and moved the challenger with the key in richards pocket.

he parked in the middle of the road
And we all know everything on television is real, especially on top gear. That nothing is played up in front of the cameras for entertainment value.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #59
kauaiGuy
Aloha oe

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
And we all know everything on television is real, especially on top gear. That nothing is played up in front of the cameras for entertainment value.
But it does happen in real life. some do a better job with this technology then others looking at
Old 05-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #60
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
It would be cool but wouldnt translate into the retro feel. But at the sametime if GM did all these cool little nic nacks the car would be over 40k in a heartbeat and you would see the population of this forum smaller and a lot less car buying

Last edited by nards444; 05-19-2009 at 07:31 PM.
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #61
golfer1

Drives: orange/black/orange 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFan1 View Post
I'm glad it does not have it. My father has had the start button on his last two Vette's.

Both of them had problems. On the first Vette, the antenna in the cabin that picks up the key fob malfunctioned, and would not pick up the signal from the transponder key to allow the car to be started. The resolution was to tow his car with less than 500 miles on a flatbed back to the dealer. The tow truck driver broke the front lip spolier while pulling it on the truck, and it took 2 weeks to fix the antenna and change and repaint and put a new spoiler on.

With the second car, the key fob fell out of his pocket while on a ride at six flags and broke. The dealer couldn't reprogram a new key fob in the parking the lot, and it had to be towed back to the dealership again.

The second one isnt really a problem, it's called putting it in your mom's purse
golfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #62
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
You talking about the two way remote systems? I thought it would be nice if GM made a compatible two way remote for the cars. Still have yet to see a GM two-way in action.
Check out the C6 vette I think that it has the keys your looking for
Old 05-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #63
Remnant

Drives: Yellow SS/RS custom paint
At the end of the day I'd rather turn a key to feel the turn over of the motor. Some things just take the fun out of life and this is one of them. One day you'll say I wish this car would just drive for me. my 2cents.
Remnant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:18 PM   #64
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
ok well in my lancer this technology is used but there is no button. You still don't need to put the keys in the ignition but you just turn the place where the keys would normally go.

So, you still get to 'Turn Over' the engine like normal its just that your keys get to stay in your pocket forever...

No one can convience me this technology is bad, sorry, not gonna happen. Just my opinion though of course.
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:42 PM   #65
kauaiGuy
Aloha oe

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
It would be cool but wouldnt translate into the retro feel. But at the sametime if GM did all these cool little nic nacks the car would be over 40k in a heartbeat and you would see the population of this forum smaller and a lot less car buying
If i had the camaro built with everything i dreamed of it would be over 100K easy so it's a good thing not all my dream add-on are available
Old 05-20-2009, 08:12 AM   #66
bballplaya210

Drives: 2002 Honda S2000
I love the push button start on my s2000 and it was cool because it was one of the first cars to have it but now it's getting out of hand and even some SUVs have it. If you really want push button start, check out the 8thgencivic.com there is a DIY for the Si on the forum somewhere.
bballplaya210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #67
Red Hot SS

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
Push button start = overrated

VIN: 2G1FT1EW8A9118043
Finally Home! (6/16)
Red Hot SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #68
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
with my aunts nissan murano you can be 20 feet away, and it will start, then you can drive a few feet. this is real.

with my moms mazda CX9, it will not work even if you are standing five feet away.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #69
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hot SS View Post
Push button start = overrated
= still cool and nice to have regardless of how it's rated.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #70
DallasMaroLover

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM SS
I would have loved the push start on the new camaro. I love that feature on my wife's car. I thought at first it was on there, but oh well........I guess I can live without it.