Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #15
laditee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I just was in a accident a coupe of months ago and it was the other drivers fault but even tho i didnt go thru my insurance i still had to give my side of the story to not only my insurance but theres too...dont understand why and it didnt effect any outcome but there insurance did call me for my side of it and recorded it as well
Old 12-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #16
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by laditee View Post
I just was in a accident a coupe of months ago and it was the other drivers fault but even tho i didnt go thru my insurance i still had to give my side of the story to not only my insurance but theres too...dont understand why and it didnt effect any outcome but there insurance did call me for my side of it and recorded it as well
They somehow found out about it, so they are compelled to handle their end of it. It covers everyone's ass so no harm done, right?

I would call my insurance if it was something major but it's always been minor crap anyway I don't need their help.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #17
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
No I meant who is gonna be asking questions?

All-state has no business asking you any personal questions, their girl hit you and that makes you owning them, not the other way around. I usually don't even deal with my own insurance company with wrecks that aren't my fault.

This happened to me once when I was young, except I was the one that wrecked "dad's" truck and it was my fault. Our insurance company kept calling me and asking if it was really my truck and we said I just borrowed it to move furniture. After that we knew the gig was up.
Well my mom is calling State Farm tomorrow to tell them about the accident. My uncle says that they're gonna send somebody to see the damage.
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #18
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontalvo View Post
We have State Farm and the other girl has All State.
Thank God it's not Progressive. Flo does to play
Old 12-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #19
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
We have State Farm and the other girl has All State.
Sorry to hear she has allstate...let me know if they give you the run around they gave me when I got rear ended by one of their clients. Im interested to hear just out of curiosity

Dont fall for their crap about claiming it on your insurance and just letting your insurance go after them....or the his insurance only covers a rental for 5 days so thats all were giving you crap either.....All state is run by the Devil I tell you.......

Anyways good luck, it shouldn't matter who was driving the vehicle as long as there was insurance on it......
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #20
jmontalvo

Here are the pics.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355970371.822027.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  186.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355970313.065528.jpg
Views: 1197
Size:  195.4 KB
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
Old 12-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #21
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
I would say that's un-drivable with it rubbing the tire like that, they should have you in a rental now until its fixed.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #22
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Does you mother know that you are lying to the insurance company about who is supposed to drive what. Not sure why you would assume more risk by paying for an insurance policy then giving them a way out of paying if they catch you. The other girl was at fault so her insurance will pay anyway .

VR1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #23
Mouse6.2

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP
Glad your mom is ok.

Just give it to the insurance straight. Our 16yr daughter just got her license and we added her to our policy. The insurance said that they would put her on our 91 jetta diesel as the main driver since that would be the cheapest. They did it on their own we didn't have to ask, even though she is driving a Chevy Cruze.
Mouse6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #24
laditee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
They somehow found out about it, so they are compelled to handle their end of it. It covers everyone's ass so no harm done, right?

I would call my insurance if it was something major but it's always been minor crap anyway I don't need their help.
True but mine was major so thats probably why both were involved
Old 12-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #25
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
just tell them the truth...lying always backfires in the end...especially when you're dealing with more than one girl, but that's another story
Old 12-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #26
jmontalvo

Well she and I personally went to get the insurance at the beginning and they said it would be cheaper if we had it this way. That's what they said.

Hopefully everything gets cleared out soon.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #27

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Well she and I personally went to get the insurance at the beginning and they said it would be cheaper if we had it this way. That's what they said.

Hopefully everything gets cleared out soon.
If your mom is an insured driver, she can drive anything...the driver is insured for liablilty and can drive anything...the car has the comprehensive and collision insurance...don't sweat it...

You only have to pick a car as your primary, so that's how they set the rates...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #28
jmontalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
If your mom is an insured driver, she can drive anything...the driver is insured for liablilty and can drive anything...the car has the comprehensive and collision insurance...don't sweat it...

You only have to pick a car as your primary, so that's how they set the rates...
Oh ok thanks. I'm just not sure how everything works so I'm just making sure I'm doing it right. My mom hasn't had an accident since she was in college (around 40 years ago) and she wasn't sure what to do either.