Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-10-2008, 06:43 AM   #1
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
IOM Interior impressions?

OK, so I went to my dealer today to add a couple options to my car. In the showroom was an 09 cobalt SS. Red with a red interior kit in it. I thought that it looked friggin' awesome. Seeing as I am getting an IOM car, I asked the dealer if the IOM interior kit would be the same comfiguration as the cobalts but in orange. He said yes, so I added the kit to my order.
Got home and thought, I better double check on Camaro5. Wow! The IOM interior looks absolutlely nothing like the interior on the cobalt, setup wise. On the cobalt, the outer section of the seat bolstering is red, with a black centre. On the camaro, the WHOLE FRONT OF THE SEAT is orange! Same with the back seats.
I know it is a matter of opinion and some guys like the kit, but I am going back to the dealer tomorrow to change my order to just get the trim kit instead of the whole interior. WAY TO ORANGE FOR ME. Moral of the story, dealer knowledge probably < Camaro5.
Just wondering how many other people dislike the interior package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:58 AM   #2
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
I agree with you. I'd rather have just the orange trim panels, instead of the orange on the seats. I'm getting black leather interior and hoping to add the orange panels at a later date, OEM or Aftermarket
Old 12-10-2008, 08:12 AM   #3
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Not me. I want to get the IOM exterior plus the RS package and the Black seats with orange on them. The reason is I think there won't be too many of them out there and I want to be a little different than have a car that everyone else has. Plus I think it will also add to resale IF I ever decide to get rid of it which is the furthest thing from my mind right now.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #4
BEN44

Drives: 71 Buick Riviera & 06 Sonata
Orange is one of my favorite colors....but...I'm going to wait 'til I can "see" it! This old dog has been burned tooooooooo many times by "good lookin' pics/wrong lighting" that turned out to be nothing like the real thing. As for your salesman, I've never met one that knew anywhere near as much as I did about a "new" model...and in the old days all we had were a few car magazines!!!! Yes, some of my past salesmen just made up stuff! Many car dealers have sales folks perched on a porch like a row of buzzards...why can't they "take turns" and look up info. on the internet and share it with there buddies...what's one less buzzard anyway!
Ben44 (maybe I should sign in as Old Fart who gets ticked when a Camaro buddy gets jerked around...where's a Valium) hehe
Take care, Buddy
BEN44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
lakestar

Drives: 2010 Camaro
When I first saw it at Indy I thought it was a bit over the top, but it has grown on me very quickly. I am quite happy with it now. It very similar to the style I have seen in many show cars. Look at the pictures on the site every day for a week before you change your order, you have plenty of time.
Black Hood and Hockey Stripes
Polished Aluminum Wheels
Orange Engine Cover
lakestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #6
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
If I remember correctly - I think you can't get the trim kit without getting the option for the orange seats.

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #7
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Lakestar, or anyone else that knows:
Has there been a time set yet as like the "Final Date" for changing our options?

Rallyman: I might be wrong, but I thought i saw in the accessories book that you could get an interior package that changed just your door armrest panels, the strip across the dash, and the interior accent lighting to orange. I think I am gonna just order that package and get the optional floormats with the orange stitching.

Found an example pic from a chevy Cobalt that shows what i am talking about. Just switch the grey parts on the seats to orange (And also do that with the dash trim) and see what I had in mind.

ooh better one

I wonder how much it would cost to get the seats re upholstered..................hmmmm..........

Quote:
Old 12-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #8
z28camaross

Drives: 02 z28
Send a message via AIM to z28camaross
that top picture doesnt make to much sense im pretty sure there are no 4 door cobalt ss's lol but if there is then shame on me for not knowing but im pretty sure
Old 12-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #9
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Well i got it from an online review of an SS cobalt.......

Quote:
Old 12-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #10
BigTrap1967

Drives: 1969 396SS yellow w/ black str
Quote:
Originally Posted by a6pk2go View Post
Not me. I want to get the IOM exterior plus the RS package and the Black seats with orange on them. The reason is I think there won't be too many of them out there and I want to be a little different than have a car that everyone else has. Plus I think it will also add to resale IF I ever decide to get rid of it which is the furthest thing from my mind right now.
ordered mine the same way.iom,iom
BigTrap1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #11
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTrap1967 View Post
ordered mine the same way.iom,iom
Ditto, now I can be different just like you guys.
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #12
lakestar

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Has there been a time set yet as like the "Final Date" for changing our options?

Rallyman: I might be wrong, but I thought i saw in the accessories book that you could get an interior package that changed just your door armrest panels, the strip across the dash, and the interior accent lighting to orange. I think I am gonna just order that package and get the optional floormats with the orange stitching.

There is another thread that talks about final change dates, It will be early January to early February, watch this site and it will be obvious when the deadline is approaching.

Many times in different threads people have asked if they could have just the orange stitching and lighting without the seats, the answer has always been no. The separate codes are for GM bookkeeping, not ordering.

But if we are talking about what we would like to see, I really like the Corvette 4LT Sienna/Black two tone styling
Attached Images

Black Hood and Hockey Stripes
Polished Aluminum Wheels
Orange Engine Cover
lakestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #13
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Cool pics! maybe I could get the covette seats out of a totalled off one and swap or something. And as far as getting my console top recovered, that would be easy to do from any upholstery shop.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #14
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post

Found an example pic from a chevy Cobalt that shows what i am talking about. Just switch the grey parts on the seats to orange (And also do that with the dash trim) and see what I had in mind.
You may want to dig further I believe I saw it posted elsewhere in IOM section that it's complete package trim and seats with no other options. I personally like the door, dash, and lighting but cant stand the seats.
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote