Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 12-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
toasterfires

Drives: BMW 328i
AY6 Not disengaging fully in cold weather

I have the AY6 Transmission (~13,000mi) and since the cold weather has arrived I noticed that it seems like the clutch engages just barely off of the floor. Up until the last few days I have just written it off as cold weather affecting the hydraulics in some way but tonight I could barely get the car into reverse in my driveway. After messing around with it a little bit I discovered that if you put the car in Neutral, pump the clutch 5 or 6 times quickly, then try and put it in gear it it goes in smooth as ever. Has anyone else had this issue? It also seems like the engagement point on the clutch has changed over time, on my motorcycle I could adjust this but I assume given the hydraulic clutch theres no adjustment for this in the Camaro?

As an aside, the camaro is my first car with a manual transmission however I have been driving motorcycles since before I could drive a car, and I can drive my friend's 5spd Jetta without any issues so I doubt theres been any operator error involved in this.

EDIT: Continuation of this problem here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2673252 It made more sense for the continuation of this issue to live under Warranty Issues.

Last edited by toasterfires; 12-27-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Added Link
toasterfires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Have your dealer look at it. Sounds like there might be air in the line. My clutch behaved like that briefly right after I had my transmission replaced. Dealer took a look at it and re-bled the line. Haven't had a problem since...

Tags
2lt, 6cyl, llt