Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 09-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #15
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatisl View Post
I'm impressed. I never saw the 5th gens do well in the Wiregrass events. In fact, working the course between runs made me feel embarrassed to watch the 5th gens run. They're no Miata's or S2000's...in fact, they're more like TWO Miata's/S2000's LOL!

These 5th gens do weigh as much as 2 Miatas !! LOL. Since most all the other drivers are in a lighter car, they do not realize how heavy a 4000# car is to throw around with the HP we have. When I ride with others it is like I am sitting in a go cart with no shocks and a high reving engine, then get in mine and feel the tires trying to break loose and hear the rumble of a sweet v-8. It dont compare and I will take the "slower" V-8 all day long !!

But you are correct, the 5th gens at a slight disadvantage at the SOLO II events. With myself running an auto trans, stock gears and OEM 20" p-zeros, it takes all I can do to "represent" us 5th GENS !! Would be nice to have some backup. HA HA
Old 09-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #16
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
I ran the FRS a couple times, but honestly, my old cammed stock cube motor could rev a billion times quicker, just not as high, as the imports.

Watching a 5th gen on a autox course is like watching a elephant in a tutu trying to ride a unicycle: embarrasing, improbable, often hilarious, but breathtaking if the driver is good (that would NOT be me!).

I'll try and make it out there in October/November when things slow down for me and the pavement isn't so 'magma' like. We all need a good laugh every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie killer View Post
These 5th gens do weigh as much as 2 Miatas !! LOL. Since most all the other drivers are in a lighter car, they do not realize how heavy a 4000# car is to throw around with the HP we have. When I ride with others it is like I am sitting in a go cart with no shocks and a high reving engine, then get in mine and feel the tires trying to break loose and hear the rumble of a sweet v-8. It dont compare and I will take the "slower" V-8 all day long !!

But you are correct, the 5th gens at a slight disadvantage at the SOLO II events. With myself running an auto trans, stock gears and OEM 20" p-zeros, it takes all I can do to "represent" us 5th GENS !! Would be nice to have some backup. HA HA
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:49 PM   #17
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatisl View Post
I ran the FRS a couple times, but honestly, my old cammed stock cube motor could rev a billion times quicker, just not as high, as the imports.

Watching a 5th gen on a autox course is like watching a elephant in a tutu trying to ride a unicycle: embarrasing, improbable, often hilarious, but breathtaking if the driver is good (that would NOT be me!).

I'll try and make it out there in October/November when things slow down for me and the pavement isn't so 'magma' like. We all need a good laugh every now and then.
Sounds good. I have to keep my p-zeros under 135 degrees cause once they get above 145 they are useless. I had one of the better driving instructors ride with me a few times to help me out with some pointers.. I asked him on my first run what he thought of my driving style. It strikes me funny now but he said "well you sure ain't scared to drive this car". Not sure at first what he was trying to imply but others were commenting how aggressive the car took the course. Just gotta drive it like you stole it I suppose.

Tags
autocross, scca