Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
Codefive

Drives: 1000HP 2010 SSRS
Thumbs up Finally got to see it in person

I somehow have continued to miss the autoshows for various reasons and have NOT seen one in person except for the original concept car in Florida on the HotRodPowerTour (what seems like forever ago).

Today my luck changed. I heard there was one at a local dealership so I called them this morning.
I was told:
"Yah, we got our V-6 for the "unveiling" on Wednesday"
I said:
"Great! I'm on my way. I havent seen one in person yet"
He says:
"Sorry, I cant uncover it until Wednesday night at 7:00pm. You should come down then"
So of course I'm like "your kidding me right?" after some chit chat back & forth he tells me he can not show me the V-6 but if I come down right now, he'll sneak me in the back to show me the SS they got in late last night thats being PDI-ed for a customer. I'm like "WOOHOO!" My tires where burning out of the driveway before I hung up. LOL.

OK ... fast forward 20 minutes ... I walk in, he takes me right out back. I couldnt believe it ... there was a 2SS in RJT w/ a moonroof. I was stunned! (note: I ordered a 1SS/RS RJT w/ moonroof) Not only did I get to see the car in person which BTW I can now agree that pictures just dont do this car justice, but I also got to see it in my color w/ the roof.

I couldnt sit in it because it was a sold car AND it belonged to the sister of a guy that works there and was working right next to it. lol. You're probably thinking "lucky girl, prolly got employee pricing to boot" WRONG! she wanted the first one they got so she had to pay FIVE Gs over sticker (sticker was just over $40K on this car too) Then the salesman tells me if I want one, I'd better leave a deposit today because i'll already be waiting 8 months right now. Of course I laugh and tell him "Dude, I ordered one back in early November".

Overall, I was very excited to see it. I was just starting to "get over it", waiting at 3300 for weeks now and then ... I see it ... Now, I'm all hyped up all over again! darn it!
Codefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Speed 1

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro 365 days a year
Sounds like a fun day!!!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
Angelina

Drives: 2010 Camaro!
I was in a similar boat. But, I never even saw the concept. My dealer called me a couple days ago and let me know their first one came in (it's same as my order minus the sunroof) Hubby and I drove up there today. Going to go post vin info for the guys right now. I agree....sweet car in person!

ps...I got to sit in this one! Only let me cuz I have the next one coming in, didn't even let my husband LOL

Drives: 2SS RS, IOM, Auto, Sunroof

Delivered: 5/15/09
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
you know you're gonna get the 'no pics' bash, right...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
Angelina

I'm on it...loading em now lol

Old 05-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
Angelina

ok Here are the pics of the one I saw today....

LOVE IOM!!

Old 05-03-2009, 07:17 AM   #7
Codefive

Drives: 1000HP 2010 SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
you know you're gonna get the 'no pics' bash, right...
I wasnt allowed to take pics. He made it seem like this was "Mission Impossible" and he was sneaking me in the back door of the white house to say HI to the president or something.

The funniest part was there was actually another salesman doing the same thing at the same time ... and ... my guy is acting all big & bad because he was the one that wrote this order so he "Knew it all". The car had 21s on it and he's saying "These wheels are standard w/ the RS package". I'm like "Dude, this isnt even an RS and, NO ... those wheels arent std on anything. They're a $4600 option" He tries telling me differently but after a few pointers about missing halos, HIDs, red emblems, etc ... he decides maybe I might have a clue. So I said "Hey, why dont we just look at the window sticker, eh?" Ironically ... He had an urgent phone call he had to go make right then and left me with the other salesman and his propect (who moments later sat down and ordered one).

A fun day indeed!

P.S. according to spasticsquirel VIN tracking its VIN# 1207. His MSRP is slightly lower than what is acually on the sticker but all of the other info matched exactly.

Last edited by Codefive; 05-03-2009 at 07:38 AM. Reason: added info
Codefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:30 AM   #8
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codefive View Post
... I walk in, he takes me right out back. I couldnt believe it ... there was a 2SS in RJT w/ a moonroof. I was stunned! (note: I ordered a 1SS/RS RJT w/ moonroof) Not only did I get to see the car in person which BTW I can now agree that pictures just dont do this car justice, but I also got to see it in my color w/ the roof.
Thanks for the RJT commentary...same color for me!

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote