Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #1
injector

Drives: LS3
Finished my Build now P0461 ISSUE

Hi All,

I finished my Build and I'm really happy , but now I've a fuel level issue. My fuel gauge will jump around throughout the day, Zero , half and so on. Check engine with a p0461 code.. During my build we found that LPE dual pumps (electronic version) was not calibrated for ,hence fuel pressure drop. So we got it calibrated for.

I read somewhere that the calibration provided by LPE has some flaws in them and that was fixed by either by JRE or adm (Can't remember exactly). I've also seen a thread by bull a while ago and I believe he switched to squash system now.. So not sure if he got the chance to find a solution to fix this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.. My tuner uses EFI live so that is not a problem.
Texas Speed & Performance Custom Built Forged 408 CID, PRC LS3 260CC,Fast Intake & NW 102 TB, Alky Methanol kit, ID850, LPE Dual pumps,,Melling HV oil Pump. D1SC 10PSI, Stage 2 Air Intake,Magnaflow Axle back, Mcleod clutch, Pedders XA coilovers and sway bars, HD bushings, Hurst shifter, ACS bumper and hood ports, DSS aluminum drive shaft, CSF radiator .
injector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by injector View Post
Hi All,

I finished my Build and I'm really happy , but now I've a fuel level issue. My fuel gauge will jump around throughout the day, Zero , half and so on. Check engine with a p0461 code.. During my build we found that LPE dual pumps (electronic version) was not calibrated for ,hence fuel pressure drop. So we got it calibrated for.

I read somewhere that the calibration provided by LPE has some flaws in them and that was fixed by either by JRE or adm (Can't remember exactly). I've also seen a thread by bull a while ago and I believe he switched to squash system now.. So not sure if he got the chance to find a solution to fix this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.. My tuner uses EFI live so that is not a problem.
It is not a tune problem currently:

Start here:

http://www.ls2.com/boggs/dtcs/DTC%20P0461.htm
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
I remember a while ago somebody had this same problem and it turned out they didn't have their wiring correct.
Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #4
mercedestech

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM,2013 Mercedes ML350
Pay very close attention to all of the pins that get swapped into the new connector for the lpe fuel pump module. After installing mine I kept losing the fuel pressure sensor input to the module. I cant remember the exact code it was giving me, but the problem ended up being one of the female pins was spread and not making good contact. I found it by taking a male pin and checking all of the wires that had anything to do with the code I was getting by making sure each one felt snug when inserting the male pin. A pin drag test if you will. I crimped a new female pin on the wire with the issue and have been good since. Hope that helps. I had to go to the dealer for the new pin as it was part of the cars original wiring harness, but they didn't even charge me for it. The have hundreds of different pins organized in boxes in the shop for just this type of repair.
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Whipple 2.9L, Rotofab CAI and coil covers, XS Power LT's and full 3" exhaust, Vengeance kaotic cam package (trunion kit,dual springs,titanium retainers,hardened pushrods,c5r chain,ls2 tensioner, melling oil pump) Mgw shifter, 160 deg Tstat, prosport gauges, LPE dual pump, FIC 60lb injectors, level 5 DSS Axles

1994 Z28 MSD optispark, K&N CAI, Magnaflow y pipe..Cat..and cat back. 1998 wheels, custom tune(sold )
1993 Base V6 sold to buy Z28
1994 Purple Pearl V6...sold
1979 Base Car with inline 250ci 6 cyl! My first car in 1989!
mercedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
injector

Thanks guys.. Dropped it today will check the wiring first.. Feels to me like a wiring issue..never had this issue before... Hopes nothing major..
Texas Speed & Performance Custom Built Forged 408 CID, PRC LS3 260CC,Fast Intake & NW 102 TB, Alky Methanol kit, ID850, LPE Dual pumps,,Melling HV oil Pump. D1SC 10PSI, Stage 2 Air Intake,Magnaflow Axle back, Mcleod clutch, Pedders XA coilovers and sway bars, HD bushings, Hurst shifter, ACS bumper and hood ports, DSS aluminum drive shaft, CSF radiator .
Old 04-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #6
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by injector View Post
Thanks guys.. Dropped it today will check the wiring first.. Feels to me like a wiring issue..never had this issue before... Hopes nothing major..

I want everyone on this board to know that the fuel level data does not go through the fuel pump control module. Fuel level Sensor data goes directly to the ECM. The only place that you can make a mistake is at the fuel level Sensor data wiring inside the tank outside the tank and at the connectors above the tank
Old 04-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #7
mercedestech

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM,2013 Mercedes ML350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
I want everyone on this board to know that the fuel level data does not go through the fuel pump control module. Fuel level Sensor data goes directly to the ECM. The only place that you can make a mistake is at the fuel level Sensor data wiring inside the tank outside the tank and at the connectors above the tank
Thanks Andy. I didn't realize the fuel sensor wires went straight to the ecm. Looks like the OP is going to have to drop the tank again and recheck all of his connections.
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Whipple 2.9L, Rotofab CAI and coil covers, XS Power LT's and full 3" exhaust, Vengeance kaotic cam package (trunion kit,dual springs,titanium retainers,hardened pushrods,c5r chain,ls2 tensioner, melling oil pump) Mgw shifter, 160 deg Tstat, prosport gauges, LPE dual pump, FIC 60lb injectors, level 5 DSS Axles

1994 Z28 MSD optispark, K&N CAI, Magnaflow y pipe..Cat..and cat back. 1998 wheels, custom tune(sold )
1993 Base V6 sold to buy Z28
1994 Purple Pearl V6...sold
1979 Base Car with inline 250ci 6 cyl! My first car in 1989!
mercedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedestech View Post
Thanks Andy. I didn't realize the fuel sensor wires went straight to the ecm. Looks like the OP is going to have to drop the tank again and recheck all of his connections.
I think so myself.Will get back with more details once done..
Old 04-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #9
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
Double check that you didn't hit the fuel sensor slightly when putting it in the tank, I did and that pulled the very thin light weight electrical metering arm awat from it's contact so it would touch at one point and not at another, I throw the same code and about pulled my hair chasing it along with wiring and then pulled the pump and saw it, put a new sensor problem solved
swiftkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #10
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftkart View Post
Double check that you didn't hit the fuel sensor slightly when putting it in the tank, I did and that pulled the very thin light weight electrical metering arm awat from it's contact so it would touch at one point and not at another, I throw the same code and about pulled my hair chasing it along with wiring and then pulled the pump and saw it, put a new sensor problem solved