Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #151
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Well, as a personal update to this...after a month of arguing with the dealer, and going back and forth between them and Chevrolet customer service, they refused to perform the details of the TSB on my car unless I footed the bill myself since my powertrain warranty expired earlier this summer. The car has ALWAYS made the clicking noise, I just didn't realize it wasn't something they all did until I stumbled on this thread by PQ.

My car is stock, and is in the first batch of cars that did not have the proper thrust washers installed at the factory. it seems they don't care, it's still MY problem since I'm out of warranty. Personally I think this is ridiculous. The dealer even had me bring my car in for "their" diagnosis, to be sure the problem was in fact present. The Chevrolet technician came out and told me personally that there was no doubt my car needed the TSB performed, and noted that it made a very audible clicking in both forward and reverse.... yet they still refused to cover the cost of the parts and/or labor because there isn't an official "recall" on this, just a TSB noting that some cars may need this fix.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:58 PM   #152
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: Blown beast.
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Yup. pretty ****ed up.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #153
joeybsyc

I don't think I'm even getting it fixed. Its clicked for 5 years already, and if GM doesn't care about it I guess I don't either.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #154
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: Blown beast.
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Wont' hurt anything. But would drive me crazy.

It's a pretty easy enough fix if you have the time and tools.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:24 AM   #155
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Ask the dealer nicely to "Goodwill Warranty it" sometimes referred as a "customer loyalty".
Old 10-02-2014, 12:42 PM   #156
joeybsyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
Ask the dealer nicely to "Goodwill Warranty it" sometimes referred as a "customer loyalty".
Trust me, I tried that. Even had a Chevrolet Customer Service rep from here contact them. I didn't buy the car new there, so they weren't willing to help me a bit. Definitely learned a lot about a dealership I had always respected.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:10 AM   #157
was619
Billy The Kid

Drives: Cyber Grey 2SS/RS
Hey PQ,

So I bought what I thought was the updated 'replacement' part, the thrust washers. This last time when I did my rear brakes I went in to replace this washer only to find out that there was already one in there. Being that it was apart I replaced it with new ones anyways and not I still the same noise.

Any suggestions as to what it could be? Thanks!
Aesthetics: ZL1 Spoiler, DIY LED marker lights, AACPlasma DRL, Yellow Calipers, painted factory wheels
was619 is offline   Reply With Quote