Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
joleegp
SS PASHN

Drives: 2010 RJT Camaro 2SS/RS
Hannah's Journey

Several friends have asked me to start a journal for my 2010 Camaro, so here it goes….

I looked at new cars for over a year trying to figure out what I wanted. From a Passat, Infinity, an Audi but each time I kept coming back to the concept Camaro. So when Chevy officially announced they were going to produce it I made up my mind, a Camaro or nothing. I waited until I could see one in person to make the plunge and I only needed to see it once to get hooked. With my husband’s blessing (it was my turn for a new toy anyway) I started the journey.

May 2009 ~ I ordered my 2010 2SS/RS Camaro and waited patiently (not really) for her to be delivered.

May 2009-June 2009 ~ Drove my husband nuts with researching parts, changing my mind with every mod I looked at and living on Camaro5. At one point he told me I couldn’t complain about his obsession with his motorcycle because I was officially worse (the car hadn’t even been built yet).

July 1st 2009 ~ She was built and driven off the line for the first time.

Ok so at this point I was stuck watching this car take to slowest trip across the United States. First she was held up because they need to make sure she had the correct parts (she was fine), then there was the wait at customs, then they had to switch freight lines to get to the West Coast. I was officially going crazy at this point, talk about “a watched pot never boils”. Poor dealer, I called when it landed in California and asked them how they planned on getting it to me. Patience has never been one of my virtues.

August 8th 2009 ~ Took delivery of my 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel Camaro. I hadn’t driven a manual in years and I was really nervous (didn’t want to make an ass out of myself) but all went well and the 65 mile trip home was amazing.

Greg and I slowly started the mods on the car with tinting the windows, adding the SLP Loudmouth II axle back exhaust and SLP Skip Shift adapter. Personalized plates were next (SS PASHN) it was almost as hard as naming our sons. That was all we were able to do before she got stored for the winter, but the mod list was growing.

Mid April 2010 ~ It finally stopped snowing so I started ordering parts. The first real project was adding Pfadt lowering springs, front and rear sway bar and adjustable end-links. Greg and I worked on the Camaro together in a borrowed garage with jack stands. The end result was awesome but unfortunately that was the last project we worked on together.

In May 2010 I lost my husband in a motorcycle accident. He was 42, father of two young boys and best husband and best friend any woman could ask for. We were together for 19 years and all of a sudden I was alone and trying to figure out what the hell just happened to me and my boys. The amazing part was that the only time I smiled was when I was driving the Camaro but the mod list got set aside, not forgotten but I just didn’t care anymore.

Fast forward (because Greg would hate me dragging you through the next nine months)…

March 2011 ~ It was like coming out of the fog. I felt this need to start working on the Camaro again so I pulled out the mod list and decided then and there to finish the Camaro in honor of my husband. I started with everything he wanted and worked my way through the list. I could go blow by blow but I’m just going to list everything and the people and shops that helped me along the way.

Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, Pfadt Camber Kit and MGW Short Throw Shifter:Installed by Motor Sport Image in Roseville, CA. Mark was amazing even though he probably started referring to her as the Red Menace. But I can’t tell you how much fun I have with all of that power.

Roto Fab CAI:I installed it, years working on snowmobiles and motorcycles with Greg taught me some things even if I never admitted it to him .

AAC Marker lights & Misc Bulbs: Me again

Sinister Carbon Fiber Hood and Spoiler: Body and Paint by Autosmith in Arnold, CA. Jeff and I talked for months before I finally dropped off the car. He took care of the custom paint and details. He even surprised me and
de-badged and blacked out all the chrome for me. She went from pretty to mean and sexy.

Granatelli Drilled & Slotted Rotors:Installed by RS Automotive in Arnold, CA. Ryan has been my go to person for the regular maintenance stuff. He also puts up with me bouncing ideas off of him when I am unable to make up my mind (total girl thing I know ). It’s a good thing he likes the car!

Force Fed in Sacramento, CA maxed out the tune on her and now she is sitting at 567 rwhp, not bad for my daily driver. I was so nervous putting her on the dyno and I’m sure they thought it was funny, but we are not done yet. She’ll be back down to visit with them sometime this Spring.

Of course the mod list isn’t complete (I keep adding to it) but I think I have a pretty good start. Next up for this Spring Long Tube Headers with X-Pipe, Drive Shaft and rear Half Shafts and AAC Dual Color Halos.

Through this last year I have to say a huge thank you to the Central Valley Camaro group (CVC) in Fresno. I stumbled across their group on Camaro5 and joined them last summer in Bakersfield for a Camaro gathering. It was like finding lost friends that accepted me into the group with open arms. They are as crazy about their Camaros as I am and don’t mind talking mods with a 41 yr old single mother of two.

She was officially named “Hannah” just before Greg’s accident (he hated the name), it just sort of happened due to a customer calling me ‘hotrod Hannah’ whenever he came to the office. She is like therapy for me and when I’m taking care of her I tell the boy’s mom’s going out for a therapy session.

So I’m not sure if you want to call this a journal or a confession but it is started and I’ll update when new things come up.

Update:

Well Hannah finally got her new exhaust system. SLP Long tube headers, hi flo cats, xpipe with loudmouth II mufflers and tips. OMG she sounds amazing! Took her for a small road trip and had heads turning all over the place. I giggled like a school girl, yep I am happy with the latest mod!

Huge thank you to Ryan for the install, once again he came through for me.

link to album with photos http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=9325
Attached Images

SLP Long Tube Headers, Hi Flo Cats, Xpipe with Loudmouth II - Done
Pfadt Performance+ Suspension and Camber Kit - Done
MGW Short Throw - Done
Edelbrock Supercharger - Done
AAC Lighting - Done
Roto Fab CAI - Done
Sinister Carbon Fiber Hood and Rear Spoiler - Done
Drilled and slotted rotors-Done

Now what else can I do?

Coilovers, driveshaft, cutouts......

Last edited by joleegp; 12-04-2012 at 08:48 PM.
joleegp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
sangerbanger58

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT/RS
Nice I think I have some pic's i'll post them tomorrow
Old 01-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
joleegp
SS PASHN

Thanks Ricky - I got them to the album but could not figure out how to add to thread. Dork..

MGW Short Throw - Done
AAC Lighting - Done
Roto Fab CAI - Done

Now what else can I do?

Old 01-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
whiteknight012

Drives: 2011 CAMARO RS (1LT) CGM/BLK
Great story!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:17 AM   #6
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Very nice welcome to the Permagrin Club!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:24 AM   #7
Jay'SS Ride

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37S
Can't wait to see this in real life sometime.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:17 AM   #8
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Nice Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by joleegp View Post
Thanks Ricky - I got them to the album but could not figure out how to add to thread. Dork..
Joleegp...nice start to the thread. I love the stories others have to share. You will no doubt get the hang of the pix...don't keep us in suspense too long..........
Old 01-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
LuckyWife

Drives: Victoria
I think it's safe to say your husband would be proud of what you've done in his memory.

So glad you found us & look forward to all the new stuff! Hannah's one hell of s a sexy biotch...appropriate ride for a hell of woman!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
So sorry to hear about your husband. A simple thing like a car can't make up for a loss like that, but I'm sure you think about him every time you start the car up.

Back to the fun stuff, Sweet Car!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
sangerbanger58

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT/RS
pic's of “Hannah”

here r some
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #12
joleegp
SS PASHN

Update

Well Hannah finally got her new exhaust system. SLP Long tube headers, hi flo cats, xpipe with loudmouth II mufflers and tips. OMG she sounds amazing! Took her for a small road trip and had heads turning all over the place. I giggled like a school girl, yep I am happy with the latest mod!

Huge thank you to Ryan for the install, once again he came through for me.

MGW Short Throw - Done
AAC Lighting - Done
Roto Fab CAI - Done

Now what else can I do?

Last edited by joleegp; 04-08-2012 at 08:46 PM.