Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-05-2018, 08:26 PM   #1
Steve340

Drives: 2014 2SS
Cool Blinkers

Probably a repeat, but I can't find the exact thing.Right front works, right rear does not. It's an RS/SS so the rear turn signal is LED. Idea's?Left Front does not work, have tried swapping bulb multiple times no help. Rear LED works fine. Are there individual fuses for each corner?This is a PITAThanksSteve
Steve340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:36 PM   #2
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
See if you have power going to the bulb? Use a multimeter.

If you have no multimeter and want to diagnose via parts changing, swap with a known good bulb and test.

Also, see if you have the polarity reversed. IDK how these bulbs bases look, but if they can be installed backwards, there is a chance they could be in backwards and therefore not work. LED's are not like incandescent bulbs, some of them require power going to a specific terminal or they will not work. The LED's that can be installed either way usually have diodes and stuff in their circuit to correct the input voltage.
TWOFORTYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:39 PM   #3
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
I would check a factory service manual and find the wiring diagram to find the answer. IF you like following mazes, you'll love diagrams. I do not see a need for individual fuses, that would require excess wiring. I think it would be more likely for a blinker module failure, loose connection, or broken/damaged wire, in no particular order.
TWOFORTYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #4
seishuku

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Blinkers are controlled by the BCM, so if it's not the blub and not the wiring, it's a bad body computer.

I would try pulling the bulb out and see if you get a bulb check error on the DIC, that should tell you if the wiring is still good.

But even then, if the wiring is a problem, it should produce a bulb check error...
seishuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:56 PM   #5
Steve340

Drives: 2014 2SS
I didn't even know there was a bulb check error, I'm not getting anything abnormal except the lights not working and the blink rate a little faster and no lights. lol
Last Camaro I owned was a 68, lot simpler lol

Thanks guys
Steve340 is offline   Reply With Quote