Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Maggie TVS2300 driving experiences....

For everyone here on the forum please give me some feedback on how your driving experience changed in the 2SS once you put on the maggie TVS2300....besides the need for new tires or course.

Is there a big difference from the stock ride and feel? I mean does it feel like a completely different car when driving it?

To use a golf analogy: sometimes you can play the same course but go all the way back to the tips and it's like your playing a completely different course...does this make sense to anyone ....does adding the maggie make it feel like you are driving a different car?

Do you guys feel that the improvements you get from the added HP and performance are always noticeable or just when you are driving aggressively? And do you feel its worth the $7-8K spent?

I guess I want to feel like my car has a noticeable and constant improvement if I put the TVS2300 on it and run at 8psi. Want to feel like my car is new again and upgraded.

Thoughts from maggie owners/installers out there, thanks
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
1CAMSS

Drives: 2010 1SS CAMARO/GBA/M6- sold.

1SS @ home. 12/14/2009
1CAMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
It drives a little different.. Grip is certainly an issue, but it is very sweet. Handles the same. Acceleration is awesome and with traction control off, hang on !!!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
It drives a little different.. Grip is certainly an issue, but it is very sweet. Handles the same. Acceleration is awesome and with traction control off, hang on !!!
The gripping issue....is it that you can't hook up becasue of the extra power? Is that with the stock pirelli's?

Thanks for the opinion.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #5
Camaro21

I don't have the Stock Pirelli's on. I have Toyo Proxes 4 all the way around. The grip issue is that I am putting over 600 RWHP. Let me clarify, driving normal or even a little hard, grip is not an issue, drag racing has a grip issue. See my signature for a list of my mods (not just motor mod's, but I have suspension mod's as well). I would not trade it a bit, I love my car. I have over 30,000 miles on it and have loved every second of it..
Old 06-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
SonnyakaPig

Drives: C63 P31
I'm not a Maggie owner, but it might help others to know whether your car is a L99 or LS3.
SonnyakaPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #7
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
I don't have the Stock Pirelli's on. I have Toyo Proxes 4 all the way around. The grip issue is that I am putting over 600 RWHP. Let me clarify, driving normal or even a little hard, grip is not an issue, drag racing has a grip issue. See my signature for a list of my mods (not just motor mod's, but I have suspension mod's as well). I would not trade it a bit, I love my car. I have over 30,000 miles on it and have loved every second of it..
That is quite a few mods there, good for you I'm only looking to add the TVS2300 and CAI and some lowering springs on mine. Thanks again.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #8
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig View Post
I'm not a Maggie owner, but it might help others to know whether your car is a L99 or LS3.
Good point, thanks , L99 for me.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:17 PM   #9
Camaro21

LS3 for me
Old 06-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #10
BlownChevy

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Granted I may be biased......But it can be described pretty simple: Imagine you removed the LS3 and installed a 572 Rat motor in your Camaro

I too am interested in everyone's driving experiences, I think we can use some new quotes on our website
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #11
FloMoCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I have an automatic transmission and the way I try to describe the experience is - on WOT it goes into passing gear and out of nowhere a second passing gear kicks in and doesn't let up - or at least until you get out of the throttle. The car handling feels more or less the same, although while WOT, the car feels a bit lighter. It's a very addictive feeling. Like a roller coaster that you just want to keep riding over and over again... Time for you to T Up...
Old 06-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #12
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownChevy View Post
Granted I may be biased......But it can be described pretty simple: Imagine you removed the LS3 and installed a 572 Rat motor in your Camaro

I too am interested in everyone's driving experiences, I think we can use some new quotes on our website
Excuse my ignorance but I have no idea of what a 572 Rat motor feels like...newbie to this type of ride. But I'm guessing it's a good powerful feeling right?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloMoCamaro View Post
I have an automatic transmission and the way I try to describe the experience is - on WOT it goes into passing gear and out of nowhere a second passing gear kicks in and doesn't let up - or at least until you get out of the throttle. The car handling feels more or less the same, although while WOT, the car feels a bit lighter. It's a very addictive feeling. Like a roller coaster that you just want to keep riding over and over again... Time for you to T Up...
Thanks for the good feedback, I'm dying to get this done but decided to hold off until this winter to pull the trigger, but my time will come....just want to get as much feedback from everyone as I can and hopefully the info helps others. Thanks guys
Old 06-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #13
BlownChevy

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
Excuse my ignorance but I have no idea of what a 572 Rat motor feels like...newbie to this type of ride. But I'm guessing it's a good powerful feeling right?.
Oh yea, nothing is better than a 600+ HP Big Block

The driving experience after the blower is completely different than stock, imagine 125+ HP more from about 2000 RPM to redline.
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #14
Barton Industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I couldn't be happier with the TVS2300.

Going from a SS to a SS with a Maggie, Is like going from a Honda Civic to a SS.
Barton Industries is offline   Reply With Quote