Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #29
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
That looks sweet!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #30
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Purchased a Vararam no tune intake from another forum member this week AND a Diablosport Predator tuner from another member...I hope these mods slow me down for awhile. This is getting kinda costly...
But in other news!

**************BELT CHECK****************
Last night I heard my car squealing like Wilbur at a butcher shop. When I got home, I popped my hood, and managed to find the source of the noise...one of my belts. Anyway, it's been raining hard in Jax lately, and I thought (don't ask why) that maybe the rain had something to do with it and it would be better today. Definitely not the case.
I popped my hood when I got off of work today and had the sunlight to look, and discovered that my A/C belt was riding on top of the larger belt next to it. I have no idea how it got that bad, but luckily nothing rubbed through. I called my dealer, they told me to shoot over and they'd fix it. After reading through some other posts, I found out that a few other cars had this problem when the factory did not center them correctly. I told my mechanic that when I got there, he put the belt back on, and I was gone after thirty minutes max.
I'm going to keep watching it because if it slipped off once, I guarantee it'll do it again. Plus I'm worried about the integrity of the belt since it was rubbing the other one.
By the way my car has 3300 miles on it at this point.

So next time you're washing your car, pop your hood and check the smaller belt on the lower passenger side. This probably won't be a widespread problem, but just letting others know
Have a great day!

-Jared
Old 04-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #31
Lycanine

Alright so I've been talking about painting my engine cover for awhile...but today I actually I did it
Well, kinda. I started late and so I'm only halfway done, but I got the blue painted today and I'm adding the white tomorrow! I was scared at first but it looks pretty sweet so far...can't wait to see it put back on.
I'll update this post with completed pictures soon...
Name:  Blueenginecover.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  114.7 KB

After painting white...(still need to wet sand and touch up)
Name:  2011-04-06 18.59.52.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  138.3 KB

Last edited by Lycanine; 04-06-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Lycanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #32
10spokess
Wild and Cammed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Man I am so jealous of your car I can't wait to be in your position when I am buying my 2013 Camaro lol
Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #33
Lycanine

Thanks! Can't wait to see what you do your '13! lol
Btw, I'm thinking about doing custom white hash marks on mine...I'll put up a drawing soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
Man I am so jealous of your car I can't wait to be in your position when I am buying my 2013 Camaro lol
Old 04-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #34
Lycanine

I got my Vararam unit yesterday I wish I had taken my car on a dyno beforehand so I could see what my gain is, but no big deal.
So installation was a bit tricky. I pulled my friend Steve who's a mechanic over at Nissan for some help, the directions made sense but it never hurts to have another hand. After test fitting a few times, we got the unit on and took it out for its first run. The idle was rough at the start, but I expected that. It cleared up in about a couple of minutes and we took it easy on the car, listening to the engine. We could smell gas when I opened it up on the highway, but only once. I didn't smell anything on my way to work this morning. The computer needs time to learn, and it dials in about 30-40 miles. Throttle response has been good, I looked at my MAF and it had a single letter with a giant X over it. I didn't know if this was still one that needed to be replaced or not, so I put the unit in anyway and decided if the car felt like it wasn't performing to par, I'd buy a new sensor. No complaints so far though.
Anyways, I hit 40 miles today on the way to work so I can start doing some "spirited" driving. Can't hit WOT until 100 miles, but so far the response does in fact feel better. But we all know how the butt dyno goes lol, I'd be interested in seeing where I'm at now...

Installed the Diablo tune this Thursday after hitting 100 miles...the car is wicked now. Not that it wasn't before but...man. I LOVE THIS CAR!
Here's the pics I promised...
Name:  vr1a.JPG
Views: 491
Size:  431.9 KB

Name:  vr2a.JPG
Views: 504
Size:  492.0 KB

Last edited by Lycanine; 04-16-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Lycanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #35
10spokess
Wild and Cammed

You got any pictures of the new Vararam?
Old 04-14-2011, 10:41 PM   #36
Lycanine

Quote:
You got any pictures of the new Vararam?
Been a busy week, I'll post pics tomorrow after work! Btw, I just read all the release stuff for the 2012 Camaro...I definitely think I'll be the jealous one when you get your car lol
Old 04-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #37
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Looks good.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:28 AM   #38
10spokess
Wild and Cammed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanine View Post
Been a busy week, I'll post pics tomorrow after work! Btw, I just read all the release stuff for the 2012 Camaro...I definitely think I'll be the jealous one when you get your car lol
I know I just read it as well and I am so siked, I wish I was going to buy one this year but hopefully by then there will be more tuning options and aftermarket support. I decided Im getting that new carbon flash paint heck yeah.

P.S. I think you getting the hash marks would be sick, I wish I still had mine on, oh and yeah whats next?
Old 04-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #39
Lycanine

Quote:
I know I just read it as well and I am so siked, I wish I was going to buy one this year but hopefully by then there will be more tuning options and aftermarket support. I decided Im getting that new carbon flash paint heck yeah.

P.S. I think you getting the hash marks would be sick, I wish I still had mine on, oh and yeah whats next?
I LOVE that new color. It looks so mean...
And as for next, I'm gonna do a custom design on some white hash marks, basically have two hashes, but put a tail on the second one and have it go down the side of the car, kinda connect the white in the front and back.
Plus I have my eye on Vmax's ported throttlebodies and intake manifold. I'm loving the pickup my VR and tuner gave me so we'll see
Old 04-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #40
Lycanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Looks good.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #41
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
YO!

Just now getting caught up in the thread.

Nice build man! I think the hood stripes will be perfect when you get them on.

I'm gonna steal your pinstriping idea for the IP trim..

I need to get out for some more of our meets...

Car looks great!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #42
Lycanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
YO!

Just now getting caught up in the thread.

Nice build man! I think the hood stripes will be perfect when you get them on.

I'm gonna steal your pinstriping idea for the IP trim..

I need to get out for some more of our meets...

Car looks great!
Thanks man! Try to make it up to Jax soon, I'd love to see another IBM, not to mention THR, at the next car show

Tags
custom paint, florida, imperial blue metallic, painted interior trim, southwest speed