Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #43
Rctreece
2013 Victory Red LS3 Vert

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
What?
Meaning you were paid no depreciation? or meaning there is no depreciation?

Cause I would say ask that question again in five years when he goes to sell it or trade it in and the car fax shows "front end impact". then we will talk about depreciation, I been there done that on a vette and trust me it was a hell of alot more then 900 that I fought for and got!

On a side note, friend of mine had similar instance, just had it repaired,he recieved no extra compensation and 2 dealers saw car fax "front end impact" (from a neighbors tree lol) on his trade attempt and said we are 5k-8k less on trade value due to "front end impact" car fax because the extent of damage is not listed on report, even though it was just a tree clipping the front end. They didnt care.

So I get where your coming from on the depreciated value standpoint.
Well in my case the damage is less then $500. Don't think that will cause me any problem
Rctreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #44
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
who's insurance paid for the repair? did you take it to a preferred shop of theirs? the things you complain of are all fixable and the shop is required to repair it to spec. Dirt in paint, headlights shaking ect. are all quality of repair issues, not DV. Once all the quality issues are resolved, the you can settle the DV claim as it has no relationship to the repair issues.. DV is just that, diminished value "PERCIEVED" after a loss. Hard to prove and put a number on because you are not selling right now. A brand new car driven off the lot as huge depreciation right from the get go. Plus you putting a SS front end does not increase the value either, it usually makes the car worth less as it would not have come that way. Take the 900 and be happy, but get the repairs completed properly. They paid once for the repair, sounds like your problem needs to be taken up with the shop
Old 12-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #45
sodapop

Drives: 2011 2SS
I'm retired Navy and have tried USAA three times. The last time about a week ago. They were $530.00 more a year than I'm paying now thru Allstate. I asked about all the advertising and great savings because I'm a veteran and they said sorry. I believe they have good service because they charge for it. Bye the way I'm 69 with a perfect record. You guys with USAA ought to get a quote or two just to check them out.
sodapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #46
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Why is there an SS bumper on a V6???
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #47
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
What?
Meaning you were paid no depreciation? or meaning there is no depreciation?

Cause I would say ask that question again in five years when he goes to sell it or trade it in and the car fax shows "front end impact". then we will talk about depreciation, I been there done that on a vette and trust me it was a hell of alot more then 900 that I fought for and got!

On a side note, friend of mine had similar instance, just had it repaired,he recieved no extra compensation and 2 dealers saw car fax "front end impact" (from a neighbors tree lol) on his trade attempt and said we are 5k-8k less on trade value due to "front end impact" car fax because the extent of damage is not listed on report, even though it was just a tree clipping the front end. They didnt care.

So I get where your coming from on the depreciated value standpoint.

I have never had a dealership give me a lower value on my trade due to a previous wreck. Idk maybe I'm just a pretty good deal maker lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
I'm retired Navy and have tried USAA three times. The last time about a week ago. They were $530.00 more a year than I'm paying now thru Allstate. I asked about all the advertising and great savings because I'm a veteran and they said sorry. I believe they have good service because they charge for it. Bye the way I'm 69 with a perfect record. You guys with USAA ought to get a quote or two just to check them out.
I have, every other company wants at least $100 more a month for my auto insurance. Now on home owners insurance USAA was rediculous, so I went with someone local.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #48
LiquidDragon

Drives: 2013 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
Ok so let me get this straight. You wreck car Other persons fault, insurance pays to fix carisnt that what insurance is for?, and then pays you 900 bucks for depreciation and your pissed about that?yes

If the repairs are not right that is the shops fault and not USAA's.USAA told me if i used their shop the repairs would have a lifetime warranty and told me the shop that i wanted to use didn't which i found out later the shop i wanted to use did All they did was send a check to the shop that fixed your car.I am now waiting for a USAA adjuster to come to look at my car because the shop claims there are no issues with the car

900 dollars for depreciation seems pretty fair for a brand new car with the amount of damage it received. They gave you more than I would,d expect them too I would think 5-600 bucks is all you would get.

So you upgraded to the SS bumper and are complaining because you had to pay out of pocket for it?when did i complain about that? i just stated that i paid to upgrade to that bumper then some idiot on here is claiming that is the issue when the dealership even claims that there are no differences in the two bumpers that would cause alignment issues All USAA is responsible for replacing the parts that were damaged with the same parts. If you want something else your going to have to pay for it, that's just how it works.what else am i asking for other than not having garbage in the paint, alignment issues of panels and my headlights fixed? oh and the diminishment in value of my NEW car caused by the other driver hitting me head on

I have had State Farm, GICO, and progressive. None of them even come close to the kind of service that USAA can provide. I have never had 1 issue with at all. Iv mde claims and had the issue taken care of in just a few days with no problems from them. Their auto rates for me can't be beat! Not to mention the fantastic customer service, and the sense that they actually care about you, and genuanly want to help.

OP IMO you need to stop crying about the more than fair amount that they are giving you,who is crying? merely stating facts about crappy service that i have received from both USAA and Holiday Chevrolet and take your car back to the shop and unlesh hell on them until your car is perfect.
again waiting on USAA to get off their A** and come look at the issues with my car so they can take it up with their "preferred" repair centers
LiquidDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #49
LiquidDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriddick View Post
Why is there an SS bumper on a V6???
same reason there are ZL1 bumpers on SS models? because i wanted the SS bumper
Old 12-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #50
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
OP - aren't you came on the forum to vent?

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #51
LiquidDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Say what?
Old 12-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #52
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDragon View Post
Say what?
Never mind.....

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #53
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
The last accident I had - my vehicle was rear ended.
The only way I made any money over and above the repair was to drive 2 hours to pick up my own repair parts used, and find a body shop willing to do the repairs with my parts.
I made out by about a grand.

And then later, the fuel pump crapped out, and a lot of that "windfall" went out the door.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:51 AM   #54
big papa

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
My parents were hit in their minivan, barely enough to register onto the Carfax deal. I told them to file for diminished value, (NOT DEPRECIATION, LIKE SOME OF THE POSTERS HAVE CALLED IT), my parents didn't, when they traded it it 9 months later, the dealership showed them the Carfax and then took $2000 off their trade-in. So if the OP is planning on keeping the Camaro forever, it doesn't matter, but if/she tries to trade it in soon, they will see the results of diminished value, and get screwed. Not sure why the OP would post here, by reading all replies it seems most have no idea what they are talking about. And most likley all states are different. OP sue for a larger diminished value check if you are going to trade it in soon, period...

19 GMC CC 4x4
2019 Harley RGS
big papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #55
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
I would be upset too with that "repair job". Using their preferred shop gives you lifetime warranty on the repair work. Sounds like you tried to work it out with the shop. Sounds like they will get to redo the work somewhere sometime.

As for USAA homeowners insurance in FL, didnt the state jump in and offer coverage while capping real insurance company policy premiums? I have family that were cancelled as result. Yes, they got insurance from the state of FL at twice the rate of the original policy. Lots of policies got canceled as a result of this that. Sound familiar to anyone???

Now everyone in FL is Happy, Happy, Happy!
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:41 AM   #56
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
I love USAA, my home premium is around 1200 year for a 2000 sq ft house 3 miles from the beach on the East coast... Insurance premims are great too, ,y 18 year old daughter even has full coverage on a convertible for around 1300 year.... my insurance did not go up when she turned 16...