Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-27-2015, 05:01 PM   #52
Adam63impala

Drives: 63' chevy impalaSS , 12'Cam89'Cam
well Id much rather commute 3 miles haha. already have 72,000 miles on my 2012 .. thinking about getting a daily driver car..but then I will have 3 cars lol. hopefully soon I will be moving closer to my work. and its funny bc as I was pulling out of the exhaust shop I stopped at a red light and revved it a little to see how it sounded and a Cadillac was across from me at the light and they started revving their engine and peeling out ..I was lmao.
Adam63impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #53
Sanjay Collins

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT
Haha, that always happens. Especially now since my car is never not loud.

I miss my commute because I love driving. Now I don't get enough time in my car.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:20 PM   #54
Adam63impala

haha guess I will have even more fags in their mustangs and challengers revving up on me.. had a Pontiac GTO the other night that would not stop getting beside me and revving up and riding my ass. I think he finally saw my police stickers and backed way off lol. but yes I love driving too but just hate putting all the miles on the car bc I know eventually stuff is going to start breaking :(
Old 10-27-2015, 05:31 PM   #55
Sanjay Collins

Haha, yeah. I race my best friend's GTO all the time, Mustangs never want to play.

I've had my car for 13 months next week and I'm just under 8,000 miles. So, under the national average for sure, but I still have to go get crazy on the weekends.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #56
elmayimbe

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2lt RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam63impala View Post
Soo I finally got the x pipe put on today and the mufflers cut out, sounds amazing and I cannot wait to hear how it sounds once the x pipe breaks in, hopefully it doesn't take long.. I drive 100 miles a day for work soo it probably wont ! it doesn't sound quite as deep as the video you posted Sanjay, but maybe its bc it isn't broken in yet? or maybe the headphones make it sound deeper..overall I am still happy I did this and wish I would have sooner. I was first quoted 150 which I was like um heck yeah lets do it now, once the guy started the dude came back and said he didn't realize hed need to use his own piping... went up to 200 which I think is still fair. I just want to thank you Sanjay for your help and pointing me in the right direction!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
I mentioned you above, haha. I'm glad I left mine on, but I'm still contemplating the V1 resonators for the rear as well.
Mann hes the man (Sanjay Collins . He helped me with so much regarding the IPF tune and I cant wait to get it done om my car. Good looking out Sanjay and i do have the same muffler delete on my camaro. Sounds Great.
elmayimbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:32 PM   #57
Sanjay Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmayimbe View Post
Mann hes the man (Sanjay Collins . He helped me with so much regarding the IPF tune and I cant wait to get it done om my car. Good looking out Sanjay and i do have the same muffler delete on my camaro. Sounds Great.
Haha, thanks, man! I'm just glad to help. When I was on CruzeTalk doing this stuff to my Cruze I tried to help out over there as much as I could, too. I'm still on there, just not as much without the car, obviously. I've learned a lot from the real techy V6ers on here since I picked up my Camaro, so I try to share the knowledge when I can. I typically try and respond before the "Get a V8" comments start. We are a different breed, that is for sure.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:34 PM   #58
Adam63impala

Yupp. I will get a v8 one day .but driving 100 Miles a day would kill me lol . I didn't want a v6 either until I test drove one ! After test driving a v6 challenger . It was too slow and had too much body roll...
Old 10-27-2015, 06:54 PM   #59
Sanjay Collins

That's why I try and help out so much, I am completely biased towards sixes. They're mostly all I've owned. I've just never been a fan of the V8 sound or scene. But I am weird about a lot of stuff, so I know I'm in a vast minority.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:14 AM   #60
chasmanian

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS blk/gold
Any moron can buy a v8 and say it's fast. It should be-you bought it that way. But to take something moderately fast and add to it, make it your own and take it from moderately fast too fast enough to beat 13s, that's a real car enthusiast.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
chasmanian is offline   Reply With Quote