Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 10-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #15
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
Thought Foose already has 69's in production..started like a year or two ago..not cheap ~125 from what i remember
Yeah, I heard something went bad about that whole thing.
If we are talking about the same company. I do believe the name of the company was Unique Performance.
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #16
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Yeah, Unique Performance got caught washing VINs, basically selling restored GTs as original GT500s, real boner move, i never liked Foose and this is a BIG mark on his record in my oppinion.

As for the links up top, its about the same all around, cant really find these new 69 turn keys for less than $100k or so, there's also the classiccarstudio.com "Hellcat" Camaro which is basically the same thing but for around $160k, its really bogus, i want to be able to buy a brand new 69 Camaro (not a super car by any means, just a brand new 69 Camaro or maybe even a 2010 Camaro with 69' skin in and out) for around the price of a new car, maybe $60k tops.

If that cant be done then my plan would be to buy a 2002 Camaro or Trans Am in good condition for cheap, buy a Dynacorn 69' Camaro, buy all the interior parts, and take everything out of the 02' Camaro and put it on the 69' frame, then do the interior and its basically a done and done car, just gotta fill in the blanks with paint and emblems and chrome, etc...all for maybe $40k? Call it $50k and have a shop do it, lol, c'mon guys this isnt a hard concept! Not every Dynacorn Camaro has to be a super-badass kill machine, lol, and with this technique and price a shop could make suuuch a killing, everyone would want one....but me first
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #17
Vega

And the arguement of dynacorn vs. the real thing, here's why i want a dynacorn:

1: Its a brand new car, everything works and will work for years and years just like a new car

2: Can be had with tons of current options like power windows (which were actually available on 69's but VERY rare by the way) 9-speaker sound system, etc.

3: Most of these company's build these cars with great warranties, i know the company in the links at the top has a good warrenty on all of their cars

4: EVERY detail in the car is brand new, no worrying about small problems or blemishes here or there, no tiny imperfections to annoy the hell out of you

5: You can drive them daily without worrying about damaging a rare muscle car (AMAZING, who doesnt want a 69' Camaro as a daily driver?) Not to mention updated suspension so you arent driving a stage coach

6: Full reign of options...want an 350? Want a 454? LS1? LS7? LS9? 6-speed manual? 6-speed auto even? Its all here and its all easy to do now

People are buying up the 2010 Camaros for these reasons, because they're badass Camaros that closely resemble the 69's, but if the real deal were available with all of the drivetrain and luxury of the 2010s?? You think the 2010s are selling well, dynacorn 69's with the drivetrain and luxury of the 2010s would make a snug spot in the Guinness Records book =D
Old 10-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #18
chevy454

Drives: '69 Yenko Camaro - 11.73 @ 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneinch View Post
These 'continuations' are nice, but the price limits them to people with unneeded cash. A small group indeed. Personally, I am not interested in these continuations or their restored/unrestored original brethren. You pay a premium and can do nothing with them. Alter them in any way and you devalue them. A restomod is the way to go. Change it in any way you want whenever you want. You can always tinker with them. It takes very little effort today to greatly exceed the performance of a Yenko, COPO, Z28, etc. This can be accomplished for far less money than the cost of a Yenko, COPO, Z28, etc. I am all for the Dynacorn bodies. They're available from several outlets.
Interesting to know...
Old 10-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #19
BlackSunsine

Drives: 1967 Custom Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
2: Can be had with tons of current options like power windows (which were actually available on 69's but VERY rare by the way) 9-speaker sound system, etc...........................

5: You can drive them daily without worrying about damaging a rare muscle car (AMAZING, who doesnt want a 69' Camaro as a daily driver?) Not to mention updated suspension so you arent driving a stage coach
I have to agree on these two....I bought the 2010 and it rides so much better then my 67. Yes, the power windows is GREAT, as well as a Stereo I can hear!

but I will NEVER Sell the 67, the 2010 - possibly.

1967 Chevrolet Camaro (1983)
2004 Harley Davidson Road King(2004)
Ex 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe (2007) (Totaled Labor Day)
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe (Thursday)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS(2009)

Colorado Fall - Beautiful - Cool - Snow is soon!!!
BlackSunsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #20
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
If that cant be done then my plan would be to buy a 2002 Camaro or Trans Am in good condition for cheap, buy a Dynacorn 69' Camaro, buy all the interior parts, and take everything out of the 02' Camaro and put it on the 69' frame, then do the interior and its basically a done and done car, just gotta fill in the blanks with paint and emblems and chrome, etc...all for maybe $40k? Call it $50k and have a shop do it, lol, c'mon guys this isnt a hard concept! Not every Dynacorn Camaro has to be a super-badass kill machine, lol, and with this technique and price a shop could make suuuch a killing, everyone would want one....but me first
Yeah, so what you are talking about is a pro-touring car. Lots of guys do this already. 1969 Camaros with modern technology/interior and running A/C. Dependability in driving and AMAZING handling on the auto-x course!! All with little to no breakdowns!
Pro-touring = FTW!!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #21
Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
Yeah, so what you are talking about is a pro-touring car. Lots of guys do this already. 1969 Camaros with modern technology/interior and running A/C. Dependability in driving and AMAZING handling on the auto-x course!! All with little to no breakdowns!
Pro-touring = FTW!!
Somewhat yes, i would call it a resto-mod if there was restoration in the process haha, but since there isnt then idk what to call it...the whole idea i had with it was to create a great 69' Camaro with like-new modern day parts for an extremely cheap price, i wasnt wanting to add tons of performance enhancers like most pro tourers cause the point was to keep costs at a minimum, but of course they would have all of the mechanical characteristics of the 4th gen used

Wait wait, i guess what im trying to say here is i want a company to offer a turn-key 69' Camaro for the REAL consumer, not something exclusive to the super-rich ya know? I want to be able to drop $40k and get a 69' Camaro, no matter what the parts and stuff (be it pro-tourer or bone stock) we, the real people, need our Camaro back =)