Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #29
m0ore4ustin391

Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroTransAmFAM View Post
i HATE fords i HATE the ford mistake(mustang) they all are slow they alwayz have been slow and ugly i will never buy a ford,honda or toyota to get a ford mistake that supposed 2 be fast you have to spend $50,000(gt 500) or more regular people dont have that type of money you can get a 2010 Chevy Camaro SS for a cheaper price and drag ford mistakes thru the dirt all day & night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed, but please realize that ford made one particularly fast production car which was the 03-04 cobras (aka: terminators) and if your not careful they will bite you in the ass... HARD! I don't really HATE any American muscle cars just hate tuners and ricers (and yes i know some "imports/tuners" whatever u call them have some cars that will also bite you in the ass if your not careful but there just annoying and dont have that "grunt" that the American cars have)

That beings said, the 2010 camaro is the CAR of the year for sure!!! Cant wait to get mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
Now some poor bastard is going to go to the strip to run his SS against a GT500 and think he is going to stay within a car or two of the GT500.
Lol, i only said that because that's how it looked in the video (i mean it wasn't a finish line angle so i just gave it my best guess) And stock for stock i bet it would only be a few cars behind for sure.
m0ore4ustin391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #30
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
Cool vids
Old 06-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #31
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
2010 vs 68 was good race. the 2010 def had the edge off the line than throught all the gears. my 69 ss would eat the 2010 ss tho lol nothing better than the alimight 427 big block.
2010 ss vs chevelle was a good race too.
2010 ss vs gt500 was a great race aswell. the mustang def had issues at the starting gate to much power to be put down all at once. but the mustang did prevail at the end once that s/c had wound up. the ss considering did a great job agaisnt its higher rival.

btw i love the sound of the supercharge on the gt500. it makes my hair stand up when i here that whine.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #32
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ore4ustin391 View Post
Agreed, but please realize that ford made one particularly fast production car which was the 03-04 cobras (aka: terminators) and if your not careful they will bite you in the ass... HARD! I don't really HATE any American muscle cars just hate tuners and ricers (and yes i know some "imports/tuners" whatever u call them have some cars that will also bite you in the ass if your not careful but there just annoying and dont have that "grunt" that the American cars have)

That beings said, the 2010 camaro is the CAR of the year for sure!!! Cant wait to get mine

Lol, i only said that because that's how it looked in the video (i mean it wasn't a finish line angle so i just gave it my best guess) And stock for stock i bet it would only be a few cars behind for sure.
agreed,i would take a ford or dodge over an import any day.But i try to only buy american whenever possible,even if it costs more

i would like to see tags car with the mods he has already done go up against that GT500,would be interesting to see real world results.

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #33
delius
David Hayter

Drives: F-body
Not to be smart....but

wanna see that 500 make a couple more passes and still keep the advantage....aint gonna happen.

But i do have to admit...that blower on the cobra...omg...it sounds evil

I want my camaro....NOOOOOOOOOOW!!! /turn yellow
delius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #34
kylepo

Drives: 2002 firehawk.....missing 02CE
real smart people drag racing on a bridge
kylepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #35
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Sigh* Its soooo obvious to people who actually understand 60ft and launches that the Cobra is putting down to much power for the tires its on. That's why it had so much wheel hop and spin out of the hole. Once it got into the power band, it just out muscle the camaro, as it should have.

The Camaro is obviously a great car to build off of, by these vids it will not take much to get it rolling well. Then of course it will have the same problem as the GT500.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #36
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Am I the only one who is gonna say this?

"Take it to the track. Street racing is illegal and gets people killed."

And, there are little kids here thinking is is cool and the "adults" are condoning this?

For God Sake.

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #37
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
That was way cool!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #38
96rss/ls6
Inferno is the only color

Drives: 96 ls6 camaro, iom 2ss/rss /
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
Am I the only one who is gonna say this?

"Take it to the track. Street racing is illegal and gets people killed."

And, there are little kids here thinking is is cool and the "adults" are condoning this?

For God Sake.

-Funk
I agree to an extent. I have seen things go exteemely wrong on 2 lane roads. Hopefully this was a closed road or bridge so it was only their lives they are puting in danger. I was thinking they arent gonna race back toward all these people, and thankfully they stopped way short on the way back.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #39
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Yeah, but then he revved the piss out of the GT in the higher gears and put the car into it's sweet spot. Camaro looks to have some MAD low end power.. now to clean up that top end..
the top end on the maro is fine. the gt500 is in a higher class than the ss, and the ss still didnt lose by much, and beat it right off the line.

Quote:
i HATE fords i HATE the ford mistake(mustang) they all are slow they alwayz have been slow and ugly i will never buy a ford,honda or toyota to get a ford mistake that supposed 2 be fast you have to spend $50,000(gt 500) or more regular people dont have that type of money you can get a 2010 Chevy Camaro SS for a cheaper price and drag ford mistakes thru the dirt all day & night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i agree, ford sux, but i just wish we had a higher end camaro to be in the gt500s class. cuz the stang GT is in the SS's class, and the ss kicks the $#!t out of the gt.

p.s. and i call them crapstangs, or $#!tstangs lol
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #40
NickPic

Drives: 2006 GMC Sierra 1500HD
nice vids
06 gmc sierra 1500HD: w/ 6.0, K&N CAI, air raid TBS, pacesetter ceramic coated LT headers, magnaflow X-pipe, SLP loudmouth I resonators, gibson 4' tips, blackbear custom tune, 20 inch rims, bfg 33" tires, 2-10" mtx subs, 2000 watt audiobahn amp, 10 farad tsunami cap, HID's, air horns etc......

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3103872

slp tuned diablo programmer for sale. pm me for info.

06 pontiac G6 GT: bone stock except hid's
NickPic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #41
got_ls3

Drives: camaro ss
Send a message via MSN to got_ls3
Nice vids thanks
got_ls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #42
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroTransAmFAM View Post
Really? a modded GT500 can eat up a camaro really easy, just with a 400 bucks pulley and a tune you can make a GT500 a 650hp monster, theres also the terminator which you can get to 500hp with just 1200 bucks.

So I dont see where you're coming from, look at me for example I paid 28k for my car stock invested around 13k in it and turned it into a beast, I could eat up a Camaro right now, hell I can even keep up with a ZO6.

Im getting a camaro this time around more for looks cause I like how it looks, but you cant understimate what ford or other car makers have. Just because you dont like a brand it doesnt make it slow.