Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-24-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Installation of LPO Options & GMPP Parts

From what I've read in a couple different threads, I believe there my be some misconceptions about the cost of installation being included in the purchase price or not.

The following is from Robin Lawrence at GMPP on the subject:
"Parts ordered on a LPO include labor to install. Parts from GMPP do not cover installation."

In other words, if it's not on the window sticker (CAI, Shorty Headers, Borla Catback, Splash Guards), you also pay to have it installed, or do it yourself.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
thanks for clearing that up
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
Robin Lawrence

Drives: 2010 Camaro 69 Nova
To add a little to this.

If there are GMPP parts that you want on your car I would suggest that you work through your dealer. They can build an add on invoice and possibly get it included in your loan.

Down the road GMPP parts with an add on invoice from the dealer when you bought the car will be more desirable to some buyers.

Aftermarket parts and installation won't get as much attention IMO.

Some of the GMPP parts have been delayed. You can still get the invoice and have the parts installed once they are available.

Thanks!

Robin

Robin Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Lawrence View Post
To add a little to this.

If there are GMPP parts that you want on your car I would suggest that you work through your dealer. They can build an add on invoice and possibly get it included in your loan.

Down the road GMPP parts with an add on invoice from the dealer when you bought the car will be more desirable to some buyers.

Aftermarket parts and installation won't get as much attention IMO.

Some of the GMPP parts have been delayed. You can still get the invoice and have the parts installed once they are available.

Thanks!

Robin
Hmm... Good information here

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
Rodrunner

Thanks, Robin. Have you any idea of a more specific date when the first GMPP parts will be available to order than Q2?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #6
HOTRIDES1

Drives: 2006 CTS
To RodRunner and Robin Lawrence : Perfect !....Could not have said better myself . My opinion on LPO's is the fact they are on the WDO Sticker will possibly make the car more valuable 20-30 years from now...from a collector's point of view...Being the option code is on the build sheet and GM now collects this information will have a difference down the road....agree or disagree...
HOTRIDES1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #7
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Yep, a little more info on this is previous threads, found here for those without the search button:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...parts+included

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...parts+included
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #8
HOTRIDES1

We're getting Camaro accessories in daily...Upgrade tires came in 2 weeks ago...
Old 03-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #9
Robin Lawrence

Drives: 2010 Camaro 69 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
Thanks, Robin. Have you any idea of a more specific date when the first GMPP parts will be available to order than Q2?
There are different dates on different parts. I will see if I can get an idea from Johnny Camaro.

Robin

Robin Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #10
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
If I install the GMPP parts myself how will that effect the factory warranty.The Cat-back,CAI,Shorty Headers.I have heard it will and want void your warranty which is it???
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #11
HOTRIDES1

Any GM part installed on Camaro installed by a consumer will have a 12-12 warranty...This will not effect the 3-36 or void any factory warranty....Now if the dealer installs the part you have 3-36 on both Accessories and vehicle...
Old 03-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #12
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
 GM offers 100,000 Mile / 5 Year Powertrain Limited Warranty, which we believe is the industry's best overall coverage.
 There are no fees and no deductibles.
 The warranty is transferable from owner to owner.
 GM's warranty covers more than 900 parts, which is more than any manufacturer.
 In addition to the warranty, our coverage includes roadside assistance and courtesy vehicle transportation.
__________________ 3 year 36?....what does this mean ^^ from the sticky on GM warranty?

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #13
Camaro's from Dave

Drives: chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
 GM offers 100,000 Mile / 5 Year Powertrain Limited Warranty, which we believe is the industry's best overall coverage.
 There are no fees and no deductibles.
 The warranty is transferable from owner to owner.
 GM's warranty covers more than 900 parts, which is more than any manufacturer.
 In addition to the warranty, our coverage includes roadside assistance and courtesy vehicle transportation.
__________________ 3 year 36?....what does this mean ^^ from the sticky on GM warranty?
Just to clarify You are only covered under the 3 year 36 mile warranty if you have the accessories put on by a dealer at the time of delivery. Otherwise your warranty is 12 month 12,000 miles
Camaro's from Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #14
Rodrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTRIDES1 View Post
To RodRunner and Robin Lawrence : Perfect !....Could not have said better myself . My opinion on LPO's is the fact they are on the WDO Sticker will possibly make the car more valuable 20-30 years from now...from a collector's point of view...Being the option code is on the build sheet and GM now collects this information will have a difference down the road....agree or disagree...
It's something I didn't know, but since mine's going to be a fair weather driver and I plan to have it a long time, it's the route I'll be taking.