Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #2689
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Not much new. Still waiting on wheels. Glen says maybe another three weeks. :(

Planning on getting the car Opti Coated. Going to try to work that out this Monday. Might wait till the wheels come in so I can get those done along with the rest of the car.

Still need to fix one of my broken camber plate bolts. Apparently, if you turn them too hard, they break. Go figure.

Doing garage work. Complete top to bottom remodel/paint on the garage. Surprised myself....4 days of painting and rearranging. New shelves, lights, the whole 9 yards. Lots and lots of work. The wife and kids helped out too (painting). Coming along great. Gonna do a little garage build thread.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #2690
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Not much new. Still waiting on wheels. Glen says maybe another three weeks. :(

Planning on getting the car Opti Coated. Going to try to work that out this Monday. Might wait till the wheels come in so I can get those done along with the rest of the car.

Still need to fix one of my broken camber plate bolts. Apparently, if you turn them too hard, they break. Go figure.

Doing garage work. Complete top to bottom remodel/paint on the garage. Surprised myself....4 days of painting and rearranging. New shelves, lights, the whole 9 yards. Lots and lots of work. The wife and kids helped out too (painting). Coming along great. Gonna do a little garage build thread.
Out of curiosity Doug, have you gotten a quote on opti coating the whole car?
Old 05-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #2691
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Not yet. But I know it's going to be upwards of 6 to 7 hundred for the swirl remover and then opti on the entire car (wheels, calipers, etc)
Old 05-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #2692
The Stig

Quote:
Not yet. But I know it's going to be upwards of 6 to 7 hundred for the swirl remover and then opti on the entire car (wheels, calipers, etc)
Probably worth it though - never having to worry about swirls and whatnot.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #2693
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Exactly. Jay does AWESOME work....seen a LOT of cars he's put out and they have all been stellar. So we'll see. Will find out price on Monday. Wheels in 3 weeks. Take it in and done.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #2694
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2019 Black 2SS
Quote:
...Doing garage work. Complete top to bottom remodel/paint on the garage.<work work work work...> Lots and lots of work. The wife and kids helped out too (painting). Coming along great. Gonna do a little garage build thread.
Doooooooiiiiiiiitttt!!! I'm seriously challenged in regards to garage organization, and mine needs a thorough cleaning before the SS arrives. I got a new battery in my Formula yesterday so now I can move it out of the garage and wash it. Shelves need organizing, junk that's no longer needed must go...etc.
rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #2695
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Oh, I got rid of a lot of stuff. Going to build a little shed out back for the lawn stuff too...clean that out and make more room. It's been a b***h. I want to get in there now and just get it done, but I'm worn out. Needs to get done though. I have a ton of pix I'm going to put in there. Not too many before pix, but lots of during..lol.

The only thing that needs to be done that I don't want to do? Acid wash and paint the floor with that gray coating. Bla....another $107 for the mix and paint.

EDIT: Maybe I could do the piece together mats?? Wonder what that would run...
Old 05-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #2696
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
wow great looking camaro
Old 05-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #2697
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
The piece together mats cost more. I did the epoxy coating on my garage floor and it's a breeze, though, I already had a clean concrete surface so I didn't have to do the acid etching.

It's still really simple, though. I recommend getting a paint pan that is sturdy. I bought the cheapest flimsy plastic one from Home Depot and I immediately regretted it...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #2698
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Cool. My garage floor is filthy....from oil to paint, epoxy, well....tons of stuff on the floor I'm going to have to pull off. The cool thing about the kit that I got is that it's got a lifetime guarantee. Says on the box that if it ever starts to peel up, you can call them with the serial number on the box and they'll give you a refund. Not bad... I hear the floors like to crack under tires if the floor is wet (like you pull in after a rain repeatedly). Either way, that'll be the next project. The kit is sitting in the garage. And I have to go back to HD anyway to get a new air compressor hose. Seems I rolled the hose up on the motor and the heat burned a hole in the 50ft extra hose I got. I'll pick up another pan then.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #2699
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Rust-Oleum? That's the one I got - Gray epoxy with the blue/white/black paint flakes.

It looks great, I just have to finish at some point by completing the trim of the garage floor (the part of the concrete that comes up about 2 inches all the way around the garage walls). I didn't have any paint brushes when I did the floor so the sides will get done eventually.

Just remember, you can't walk on it for 24-ish hours and you shouldn't put any cars on it for about 3 days.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #2700
The Stig

Quote:
Cool. My garage floor is filthy....from oil to paint, epoxy, well....tons of stuff on the floor I'm going to have to pull off. The cool thing about the kit that I got is that it's got a lifetime guarantee. Says on the box that if it ever starts to peel up, you can call them with the serial number on the box and they'll give you a refund. Not bad... I hear the floors like to crack under tires if the floor is wet (like you pull in after a rain repeatedly). Either way, that'll be the next project. The kit is sitting in the garage. And I have to go back to HD anyway to get a new air compressor hose. Seems I rolled the hose up on the motor and the heat burned a hole in the 50ft extra hose I got. I'll pick up another pan then.
I'd sharpie/paint that serial number onto something lol
Old 05-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #2701
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
And in other news, I added another 8hp to my car yesterday when I installed HID's. They worked out pretty nice. I've got to figure out why the gap in the light....might need a new bezel....damnit. I don't suggest doing it the way I did it. Too damn expensive. HID's, new light holders (non-RS), and the price was up there.

But it turned out nice.
Did you know they eliminated the lights and wires on the Z/28
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #2702
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Rust-Oleum? That's the one I got - Gray epoxy with the blue/white/black paint flakes.

It looks great, I just have to finish at some point by completing the trim of the garage floor (the part of the concrete that comes up about 2 inches all the way around the garage walls). I didn't have any paint brushes when I did the floor so the sides will get done eventually.

Just remember, you can't walk on it for 24-ish hours and you shouldn't put any cars on it for about 3 days.

Yeah, I think that's the one....gray with flakes. I have been toying with the idea and eyeing that box at HD for quite a while. But, ... for $107 for the 2 1/2 car kit, I've been putting it off. Luckily, I'm in a little better position now than I was a few weeks ago. So, I've been doing chingos of projects around the house. Figure I might as well finish off the garage and get the floor done too.

And seeing as though you can't park on it for a few days, it looks like the Kia is going to be sitting outside for a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I'd sharpie/paint that serial number onto something lol
Oh, not only that, but I'm going to keep that box in the attic just in case as well!

When I started the garage renovation, I had more room and clearing crap out in mind. So...I just built a "lean to" on the side of the house between the house and the fence today....gated it in with hardware and all. Now ALL the lawn stuff is out of the garage and in the shed. I can't believe how much more room there is now in the garage...unbelievably nice.

Hopefully tomorrow I can go by Jay's in the morning and get that quote on the Opti-coat.

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper