Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-20-2012, 06:04 AM   #57
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Well since I just watched almost 2 hours of videos before 5 am figured I would take a break and go to the gym. I will try to watch it before the weekend which is when I plan on doing my paint restoration. Year old and although just light swirls I want them out. I know what's its from. Dealer washes car looks awesome but they use a "glaze" and once it washes off car looks all swirled up again. One product I do like for nice detail before shows is that Lucas detail wax. Looks and works awesome. So junkman I plan on taking advantage of the Black Friday sales. I see all kinds of packages with the pc. I know it's preference but which do I get that can give me all I need for the restore job. I already have foam gun two bucket wash system. More need products and pads. I see all from adams to wolf to pinnacle to all kinds to the junkman adams package. Thanks always for your videos and help. Couldn't do it without you. Thanks
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #58
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
Well since I just watched almost 2 hours of videos before 5 am figured I would take a break and go to the gym. I will try to watch it before the weekend which is when I plan on doing my paint restoration. Year old and although just light swirls I want them out. I know what's its from. Dealer washes car looks awesome but they use a "glaze" and once it washes off car looks all swirled up again. One product I do like for nice detail before shows is that Lucas detail wax. Looks and works awesome. So junkman I plan on taking advantage of the Black Friday sales. I see all kinds of packages with the pc. I know it's preference but which do I get that can give me all I need for the restore job. I already have foam gun two bucket wash system. More need products and pads. I see all from adams to wolf to pinnacle to all kinds to the junkman adams package. Thanks always for your videos and help. Couldn't do it without you. Thanks
Two things. First, there is no such thing as a Junkman's Adam's Kit. That has been gone for months. Second, if you have watched all 5 of those videos in their entirety and understood what you watched, why would you be asking about what kit to buy when I clearly show you in the videos exactly what to use? Everything that I used did not come from the same place. Some of it you will find locally and some of it you will need to purchase over the Internet. It is not some kind of kit.

A lot of the kits you buy will have almost everything you need but most of them sell you stuff you don't need. So even if you bought a kit, you would still need to add stuff to it. By the time its said and done, you've went and spent way more than you should have. If you buy the stuff that I use in the videos, it will not only be cheaper but you know for a fact that it works. That's what you just sat and watched.

Don't complicate the process or make it rocket science. Buy what I used and use it the way you watched me use it. You don't need a kit, you need specific items. That's why I showed them to the camera, one at a time.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #59
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Two things. First, there is no such thing as a Junkman's Adam's Kit. That has been gone for months. Second, if you have watched all 5 of those videos in their entirety and understood what you watched, why would you be asking about what kit to buy when I clearly show you in the videos exactly what to use? Everything that I used did not come from the same place. Some of it you will find locally and some of it you will need to purchase over the Internet. It is not some kind of kit.

A lot of the kits you buy will have almost everything you need but most of them sell you stuff you don't need. So even if you bought a kit, you would still need to add stuff to it. By the time its said and done, you've went and spent way more than you should have. If you buy the stuff that I use in the videos, it will not only be cheaper but you know for a fact that it works. That's what you just sat and watched.

Don't complicate the process or make it rocket science. Buy what I used and use it the way you watched me use it. You don't need a kit, you need specific items. That's why I showed them to the camera, one at a time.
I can't read your post now without hearing your voice.... damn youtube!!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #60
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
haha when im getting my therapy in i hear his voice telling me what to do and to slow down dont use to much product lol
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #61
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Junkman,

Any recommendation on where to purchase a proper California Duster?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #62
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
subbin
Old 11-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #63
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
I can't read your post now without hearing your voice.... damn youtube!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffm View Post
haha when im getting my therapy in i hear his voice telling me what to do and to slow down dont use to much product lol
In the paint Matrix, that's not my voice you're hearing. That's ME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
Junkman,

Any recommendation on where to purchase a proper California Duster?
Auto Zone has them all day long, as well as Wally World.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #64
Blues45th

In the market for porter cable 7424 if anyone knows best deal been looking haven't seen it under 120. Bump please. And junk man the list has been made. Thank you so much. Can't wait to post pics of before and after.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #65
Good_Times

Drives: red
Everyone has great sales on this weekend. The detailing forums are full of used machines for sale. If you want a cheap throw-a-way da Harbor Frieght has a new one and with coupon its under sixty bucks. There is no reason to not be able to find a good deal this time of year. AG and ACC have 15% off. ADS is 10% off. Detail Image is 25% off and has the 7424XP at 114.99 w/free shipping. DetalersBuddies members on FB have some used machines for sale. Nuff said.
Good_Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #66
Blues45th

I look and all deals aren't what they seem. Most don't apply to buffers so find me a pc 7424xp on sale under 120. Because over the last few weeks I been watching and that's what they been going for.
Thanks
Old 11-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #67
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Home depot 119 regular price...
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #68
Blues45th

Any deals. 120 is regular price.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #69
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
In the market for porter cable 7424 if anyone knows best deal been looking haven't seen it under 120. Bump please. And junk man the list has been made. Thank you so much. Can't wait to post pics of before and after.
The price at Tools-Plus fluctuates by the week. Right now the polisher is $119 with free shipping. I've seen it as low as $114 at their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Times View Post
... If you want a cheap throw-a-way da Harbor Frieght has a new one and with coupon its under sixty bucks.
NEGATIVE. Under no circumstances do you want to buy that crap and try to fix your paint with it. It is no where close to anything worthwhile.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #70
Blues45th

Got my list junkman. Zaino is out of blondes so any others? Also like that that detail juice is right down the road local in tampa. Shot them a email to see if I could just go pick up. One question. Can I clay on weekend and then follow paint correction next weekend or should it all be done at once. Also I know this is paint correction thread but I don't wanna watch last one till I have all the tools. Sealers? Should I get the sealer from dean while I'm the or should I watch the other videos on sealant.