Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Lightson357

Drives: 2012 45th Edition Convertible RS
Any One Change your Center Channel

I am thinking of replacing my center channel speaker and was wondering if it was worth it. I replaced all the interior speakers running off a 4 channel AMP. I was thinking I would need at least one speaker running of the Factory amp so I would be able to listen to chimes, bluetooth phone and onstar. Or does the head unit take over the complete signal when you use onstar or Bluetooth. To hear these Isn't the center channel the speaker that most of this is routed to or is it the driver side door speaker. I was thinking of replacing it with a JL 2 WAY 3.5 C2 about 50 bucks on ebay. Opinions ? I pulled that speaker and it was the best looking speaker out of the whole bunch that was in the car it has a nice thick paper cone 2 ohm.
Lightson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
Go Fast Kid

Drives: Camaro 2010 SS LS7 427ci
Center channel speaker

I spoke to the engineers at JL about the center speaker. They believe the car sounds great with the four speakers, plus the tweeters in the door pillar.

The door chime, on-star and turn signals play through the audio system not the center speaker.

If you test the audio amp signaling wire, it turns the amp on when the car is on because you need the audio amp to run the door chime, on-star and turn signals. The amp does not turn off with the head unit as most do.
Go Fast Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
SS Drifter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Fast Kid View Post
I spoke to the engineers at JL about the center speaker. They believe the car sounds great with the four speakers, plus the tweeters in the door pillar.

The door chime, on-star and turn signals play through the audio system not the center speaker.

If you test the audio amp signaling wire, it turns the amp on when the car is on because you need the audio amp to run the door chime, on-star and turn signals. The amp does not turn off with the head unit as most do.
At first I thought the center channel was Onstar but couldn't find a center channel input to the amp. Figured the center must be a mixed channel at that point. Any idea what input to head unit the chime or Onstar uses? I wouldn't mind tapping into either input for my radar detector.

A little off topic but, no hijack intended.
SS Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote