Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #85
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
engineered for racing Camaro that will not be allowed in any series racing
Have any proof?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #86
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
You can buy a Z06 and beat the guy in the Z28 or lose all day every day to those who are running them.
Bold and authoritative statement, unfortunately no facts (yet) to base it on. Might want to revisit this comment in 9 months or so.

Stock vs Stock I personally think the two would be so even it would come down to driver ability.
Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #87
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
That line does 2 things; it confirms the Z/28 as a road course specific car and promotes the things done to the ZL1 for making it the 1/4 mile Brut! (Just add a little this and that)

Also, it will allow the Z/28 to be praised for its 1/4 mile capabilities.
It'll be around 2-3 truths slower on in the qrtr. Than the ZL-1 I'm thinking.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #88
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZL1 View Post
12.8 at 115. heavy car.
Wow really? A 1LE is capable of running a 12.7! If a Z28 weighing 3800 pounds is heavy what is a ZL1 weighing 300lbs more?
Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #89
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Well then help ME understand. Will this car be allowed to race in NASA, SCCA, or Grand Am? How will it be classified within THEIR rules?

If it won't be, then congrats. We are touting a "real road racer" that is merely a road racer on the street. Or a road racer that built for people who understand this car might not be sanctioned to race. Or in other words, a road racer that can't officially road race. Built for less than one half of one percent of the population who would road race it as compared to the masses who would romp on it next to a competitor.

So who doesn't get it?
It's a track-day car friend. And that is exactly how it is marketed by Chevy. Seems pretty plain to me from any angle. Do you want to do some objective research and review all the GM marketing presentations and compare the number of times the word "track" and the word "race" were used?

You do know what track-days are? Not being a smart alec, maybe you don't based on your comments? If not, it's ok, just say so? It'll help bring clarity to your confusion
Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #90
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Bold and authoritative statement, unfortunately no facts (yet) to base it on. Might want to revisit this comment in 9 months or so.

Stock vs Stock I personally think the two would be so even it would come down to driver ability.

LOL. REALLY???
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #91
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
It'll be around 2-3 truths slower on in the qrtr. Than the ZL-1 I'm thinking.
I'll split that difference. Tenths right?
Old 04-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #92
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Quote:

That 500lbs difference between a Z28 and Z06 would be hard for a Z28 to overcome...same motor lighter car.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #93
orthojoe

Drives: Subaru BRZ, Porsche Boxster Spyder
Quote:
No it would be YOU who don't. For the same price you can get a very gently used to all but new z06. You really want to road race, the idea is to do it well and not suck. You can buy a Z06 and beat the guy in the Z28 or lose all day every day to those who are running them.

So we are talking about a 70-80K CAMARO, Im sorry... engineered for racing Camaro that will not be allowed in any series racing, but hey if you and your buds want to hit a trackday then that's what we are building this car for, excuses kinda sucks.

So you build a car without sound deadening materials, and no air with one speaker, because you know only the most serious racers would that make a difference with, but its not designed for those most serious of racers in any kind of series racing, just trackdays. Got it
Nope. It's fairly obvious you're the one that doesn't get it and doesn't want to get it. There's no point in arguing with a wall....

orthojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #94
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
That 500lbs difference between a Z28 and Z06 would be hard for a Z28 to overcome...same motor lighter car.
According to Al O. 250 lbs. equals 1 second on a track. The brakes alone could make that back up.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #95
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Quote:
It's a track-day car friend. And that is exactly how it is marketed by Chevy. Seems pretty plain to me from any angle. Do you want to do some objective research and review all the GM marketing presentations and compare the number of times the word "track" and the word "race" were used?

You do know what track-days are? Not being a smart alec, maybe you don't based on your comments? If not, it's ok, just say so? It'll help bring clarity to your confusion
Hey friend. Im just going by what you and your constituents are claiming. "Its a street legal race car that you can drive to the track"

Well yes it is. Hope its a short drive and nice and cool outside. Saving 300lbs is worth it but its not like they shaved enough off to make the car a non pig. Ill wager that the car still comes in at almost 4000 lbs with full tank.

I know Im not the end all to be all, but I think they should of built it full spec, found other places to save the weight, and skipped out on the Carbon Ceramics to save cost. Bring it in at around the cost of a ZL1 and made more enough of them for the masses.

Then if I want to race it, I can choose to remove the carpet, the speakers, the radio etc if I wanted to.

Id buy the crap out of a 500 hp Z/28 that managed to lose 300 lbs without carbon ceramics, priced around a ZL1 that I could still tour around in. Now we are talking.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #96
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
According to Al O. 250 lbs. equals 1 second on a track. The brakes alone could make that back up.
Does aerodynamics and wind drag factor into your equation?
Old 04-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #97
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Hey friend. Im just going by what you and your constituents are claiming. "Its a street legal race car that you can drive to the track"

Well yes it is. Hope its a short drive and nice and cool outside. Saving 300lbs is worth it but its not like they shaved enough off to make the car a non pig. Ill wager that the car still comes in at almost 4000 lbs with full tank.

I know Im not the end all to be all, but I think they should of built it full spec, found other places to save the weight, and skipped out on the Carbon Ceramics to save cost. Bring it in at around the cost of a ZL1 and made more enough of them for the masses.

Then if I want to race it, I can choose to remove the carpet, the speakers, the radio etc if I wanted to.

Id buy the crap out of a 500 hp Z/28 that managed to lose 300 lbs without carbon ceramics, priced around a ZL1 that I could still tour around in. Now we are talking.

You skipped my question so I will ask again.... Can you show me where the SCCA has stated that the Z/28 will not be allowed to run in any class?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #98
Thebabycheech2012

Drives: 2010 ss2 l99
12 flat
Thebabycheech2012 is offline   Reply With Quote