Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-24-2017, 12:01 PM   #1
gtpvette

Drives: 2016 C7
Magnaflow 11386 VS Thunderbolt 1386

I've been gathering exhaust parts for my swap and stumbled across a muffler on EBAY called Thunderbolt TBM1386. It's a dual 2.5" in/out and appears (based on picture) to be an perforated X-Pipe design internally. It's stainless and the EBAY ad compares it to a 11386. Its the same size as well.

I've found it as cheap as $32 so that is about $75 cheaper than the Magnaflow and as I'm bleeding money on this motor swap that's a good amount

Thoughts??? Any one ever use one??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-Dual-4x...-/142515555787
Attached Images

gtpvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
gtpvette

Drives: 2016 C7
Correction to above price. $32 + $12 shipping so $44. Basically the same as Ebay. STill $60+ less than Magnaflow.
gtpvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:28 AM   #3
rontammy0
Dr feelgood

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpvette View Post
Correction to above price. $32 + $12 shipping so $44. Basically the same as Ebay. STill $60+ less than Magnaflow.
It looks to have alot rougher finish the Magnaflow. I know the Magnaflow resonated x pipe i installed on my car was auctually pretty heavy. Great build quality. Its what inside that you cant see my be the difference. That cheap one may breakdown alot quicker then the Magnaflow. Its just me but when it comes to exhaust brand names are best. If you look around the forum not many members have cheap no name parts or exhaust. But its entirely up to u.

K@N Typhoon Cai
Vmax Ported Throttlebody
MSD Super Conducter plug wires
JBA shorty headers
Solo high flow cats
391 gears
Cosra Exreme 3 inch catback exhaust.
Circle D 3200 stall converter
305 x 35 20 Nitto 555r drag radials
AGP Performance tuned
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:05 AM   #4
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2014 1LT RS
Yeah, seems like a cheap knock-off, especially considering how similar the part numbers are; the cheap one could rust away or degrade in no time.
K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Custom Cat-back Exhaust (w/ Magnaflow and Solo Performance); Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Camber/Caster Bolts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:38 AM   #5
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
The main difference is most definitely going to be in the steel and weld quality. Instead of a good stainlesssteel, you're probably going to get some cheap imported stainless steel that'll start corroding rather quickly (especially with the internal moisture caused by our oxygenated gasoline). The packing material is also probably much cheaper, and will likely be less densely packed than the MF 11386. We generally price the 11386 @ $100 shipped since they're a community favorite. Cheap insurance for longevity, I'd say.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote