Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #85
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #86
family man

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post

There are pics to this thread.

You
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #87
Toms2010

Drives: 2010 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Next time you have a flat tire on an elevated roadway (where you physically can't step a safe distance off the pavement), try just standing around your car for an hour or so before getting on with whatever you'd do about it. To be completely fair, let's have this happen at 4 AM.

Keep in mind that traffic may be approaching at anywhere from 40 mph on up to at least 70, none of it is going to expect you to be stopped until they're almost on top of you, and some of them will be "lowest-common-denominator" drivers who will stare at you and head in the general direction of where they're looking. Then get back to us if you still think that the only thing that mattered to you was the time.

Been there, more than once. But if you don't want to take an engineer's word for it, just ask any LEO about routine highway traffic stops.

Norm
What if is a great game to play. What if......put in any scenario you want at this point.

But the OP did not want to play what if or talk about anything other than the horrible customer service he received.

People make mistakes. If they did not. they would not be human.
Vararam CAI - Modern Muscle Ported Throttle Body - Vmax Black Iceolator - Custom Exhaust - Magnaflow Res X 11386 - 2.5" Pipe from X on Back - Magnaflow Round Mufflers 10416 - Lime Green Hood Spears - Lime Green Gill Stripes - SJM AutoProd Sequential Turn Signals - SJM AutoProd Always On DRL Fog Lights
Toms2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #88
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
OP wasn't playing "what if", I was.

And the scenario was only aimed at whether the lengthy delay on the road with no real place else to stand would be only about the time lost.

I contend, having had a number or episodes of being temporarily stuck in similar highway locations, that considering only the time lost does not come close to being the most important thing on your mind. You'd have to go through it, I guess. What I'd hoped for was that you'd realize this if you imagined something similar ever happening to you. So in my illustration I intentionally made the reason for being in it as free of driver error/blame as I could make it just to make it easier for you to mentally put yourself there.

Nothing more than that.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #89
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieSVT View Post
Seems like it was just a misunderstanding in knowing exactly where you were. Its too bad because if they had known the zip code everything would of been fine. Did you have the zipcode or could you have looked it up ?
I'm sure I could have looked it up but I am of the understanding that a roadside service would be the place that would also have that information available given the entire address. How many cities in this country do you suppose are called East Chicago? I only found one on Google maps.

When the tow driver called me and said he was in Anderson, IN, that pretty much told me she was talking about the city and not a dealersip nearby.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #90
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6

jk, hope everything works out!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:16 AM   #91
CWI
Helping Build America

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post

jk, hope everything works out!
I see you are from Auburn. No further explanation necessary
Old 05-15-2013, 05:21 AM   #92
CWI
Helping Build America

All the parts have been primed and the new suspension parts are installed. Everything should be done early next week. Good as new I hope, other than 62K miles on the ticker. Get new tires too, insurance has to replace the tires if they replace the wheels due to liability in case there was damage to the tires that were on the old rims. What they are paying will actually cover 3 tires, I pay for the 4th to have matching set. Will still have two rears with 60% tread to use later.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #93
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWI View Post
I see you are from Auburn. No further explanation necessary