Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #29
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
Seems like overkill to me. Just sayin'...
I dont think there is such a thing as overkill when it comes to being cautious when investing in a brand new car thats been sitting for years. idk about you but i want to make sure that im getting the most value out of every penny i spend
Old 05-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #30
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyaustin17 View Post
I dont think there is such a thing as overkill when it comes to being cautious when investing in a brand new car thats been sitting for years. idk about you but i want to make sure that im getting the most value out of every penny i spend
I've done exactly this many different times... Just checked everything over myself and drove the vehicle off. Never a problem in my experience. Spend your money however you'd like. No worries...
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #31
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
I've done exactly this many different times... Just checked everything over myself and drove the vehicle off. Never a problem in my experience. Spend your money however you'd like. No worries...
agree to each his own
Old 05-13-2013, 04:56 AM   #32
the barber

Drives: 13' Sw 2ss Ls3
If u haven't seen it in person I would just say beware of a Craigslist scam or a scam of somesort where they want u to wire money before hand and u r out a bunch of cash 6 miles..?? Did it get delivered straight to his house...
the barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #33
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
That's a find. I'd have a flatbed come over and deliver it to my mechanic and let him do it right for me.
I talked to a guy last summer at a car show who thought it was very cool that I loved my Camaro. He bought one for his wife and she has only driven it once in over a year. He has his own car, he doesn't drive the Camaro, so there is another low-miles Camaro just sitting in a barn somewhere in Idaho.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #34
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Just on a sidenote, unless this guy picked the car up straight off the truck and put it on a flatbed, there is no way that thing has only 6 miles. They do, I think it was 4.5 miles of tests at the factory and drive it around the facility. Something is fishy so I say if you really want it show up with a buddy and a flatbed and if it's real then so be it tow it to a service station.
2014camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #35
Bumble.Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: Prius
OP, why aren't you telling us why this car only has 6 miles? Did the guy not tell you why?
Bumble.Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #36
dwinva

Drives: 13 2SS/RSvert,CRT,dual-mode exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014camaro View Post
Just on a sidenote, unless this guy picked the car up straight off the truck and put it on a flatbed, there is no way that thing has only 6 miles. They do, I think it was 4.5 miles of tests at the factory and drive it around the facility. Something is fishy so I say if you really want it show up with a buddy and a flatbed and if it's real then so be it tow it to a service station.
This may be some sort of scam, but not necessarily because of mileage. I ordered mine last April, built on June 11 2012, held for QA testing, and I picked it up from the dealer on July 5th....only 1.2 miles on it.

dwinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #37
Neto1978

Drives: 2011 camaro ss victory red
I ve sent you a P.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3DALE View Post
Hey buddy,is this car down there in Brazil?
What about the GS Vette you found?
Neto1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #38
Neto1978

Drives: 2011 camaro ss victory red
Good advice, tks

Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
WOW, congrats on the find.

Have the car towed to a shop so the engine can be treated like a first start up. They will change the oil then circulate/ prime the oil in a manner that will not move any of the internal parts. This will ensure that your crank and cam bearings don't get marred on a dry crank rotation. We have all herd the stories of these engine having an oil pump malfunction, a couple seconds of no oil pressure will destroy these engines. If the car has truly been setting for two years without a start up then its not going to start anyway so no need to attempt it. The fuel system will need to be cleaned, not just replaced with fresh gas. Gas breaks down over time and starts creating varnish on fuel lines, injector ports, ect....... This will have to be cleaned out to get the car to run as it should. I would also talk to a dealer and see if you can work something out with them and GM so that you can restart the warranty clock.
Neto1978 is offline   Reply With Quote