Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #43
fish907

Drives: 2013 BRM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom View Post
do we all get a kick back?
Probably should! This place makes that sometimes awkward time between closing the deal and going into finance a lot easier to fill. I can see the excitement in peoples' faces when we start browsing together. Invariably, we end up on one of the exhaust clips stickies and make sure the whole dealership knows someone just bought a Camaro.
fish907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #44
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2019 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
I would like to call her... but she is so far from Florida :S
And she's far away from where I live too. Doesn't matter. The car will be delivered to your local dealer where all you do is sign some paperwork. Most of the sale transaction paperwork is done via US mail.

Here's a thread for ya: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31115
rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #45
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Just a couple of days ago, I saw an '11 on the lot... yellow, but the previous owner had painted the trim rings on the Heritage rims yellow. It actually looked really bad. I stopped to take a picture, so I could mock it later (sorry... can't post from here, but just picture it in your mind's eye: it is as bad as it sounds), but when the winner of the little salesman- pack- of- runners- race got to me, I just told him I was looking at it for a friend who was interested, hence my picture taking. Of course, the salesman wanted to tell me a couple of things about it... like that this was a very rare model. "What? Really?!?" I feigned my amazement. "Yup," he said... "look closely. See them ol' wheels? Not every Camaro has those body colored trim rings. THIS one does... that's how you can tell that this is a rare model."
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #46
45thRs

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary Rs
When I was looking at the 45th edition, the salesman did not know anything about the car. I had already done my research on it. I went for the v6. I knew that the LFX had 323 hp. The salesman had no idea. He kept saying it only had 312hp. Then I asked if the car came with the rear backup cam. He again said no. After delivery I told him that he almost lost my sale as he knew nothing about the car.
The car is fully loaded.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #47
FJ60

Drives: '13 2SS RS 1LE ; '85 Landcruiser
Salesman tried to sell me on a non-sunroof 1LE he had in stock versus ordering one with a sunroof. He told me the added weight of the sunroof would upset the balance and handling of the car.
FJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #48
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ60 View Post
Salesman tried to sell me on a non-sunroof 1LE he had in stock versus ordering one with a sunroof. He told me the added weight of the sunroof would upset the balance and handling of the car.
Indeed, it will... if you were opting for the submarine hatch- style one, 8 inches of steel, closed with a worm drive, 2000- atmosphere pressure seals, backup door, and 12 interlock bolts. Maybe he thought you wanted that one?!?
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #49
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
when I went in to buy my car the dealer told me there aren't any rally yellows made in 2011...then said why don't I chose another color?
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #50
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Just a couple of days ago, I saw an '11 on the lot... yellow, but the previous owner had painted the trim rings on the Heritage rims yellow. It actually looked really bad. I stopped to take a picture, so I could mock it later (sorry... can't post from here, but just picture it in your mind's eye: it is as bad as it sounds), but when the winner of the little salesman- pack- of- runners- race got to me, I just told him I was looking at it for a friend who was interested, hence my picture taking. Of course, the salesman wanted to tell me a couple of things about it... like that this was a very rare model. "What? Really?!?" I feigned my amazement. "Yup," he said... "look closely. See them ol' wheels? Not every Camaro has those body colored trim rings. THIS one does... that's how you can tell that this is a rare model."
Rare indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ60 View Post
He's right, but only when it's opened...
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #51
DRKnight1SS
The Dude

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
When I expressed that I wanted a stick shift, he said they had quit making Camaro's with a standard transmission, so I might as well by an automatic.
HAHAHA! Too funny, I would have left that lot right then and there. What a moronic salesman.

When I went to buy my Camaro I had asked the salesman what the difference between the 1SS and the 2SS was just to see what he would tell me and he said, "The 2SS has more horsepower than the 1SS does". I knew right there that he didn't know much about the specs of each type of Camaro.
DRKnight1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #52
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
When my wife and I were looking around for an SUV to replace her Miata [she got a big dog and needed something big to haul it in], we ended up at the Mazda dealer looking at a loaded CX-5. The sales lady who had sold us two cars previously said, "This car has everything. It even has HD."

So my wife said, "Huh? HD? HD WHAT exactly?"...

And then the lady changed the subject...

I've been in sales all my life. I can't imagine trying to sell cars knowing absolutely nothing about cars. We ended up buying a used H3 from a very reputable Ford dealer from somebody who isn't a goon. Our sales guy didn't even sell GM vehicles [obviously], but still knew a lot about the Hummer. All it takes is just a little bit of online research to figure out the basics.
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #53
Rwarchol

Drives: 2010 1LT SIM A6, 2005 GTO TR A4
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Yea these GM saleman are pretty stupid. Many of them do'nt know a damn thing about what theyre selling besides what the sticker on the window says about the car. And not to mention, what your salesman tells you and what the service dept tells you are 2 different things simply because salesman are not affiliated with the service dept. Now they can pull strings per se. But most can promise you the moon, but if its not paper, it was never said.

I walked in and saw a 2011 427 camaro on the showroom for $50k. I asked the dealer if there was a 427 engine in it as Id not heard of this happening. (I believe it was an SLP product) The salesman tells me no thats the horsepower.

I was like really? An SS comes with 426HP. SO this 427 Camaro costs $15k more for 1 more HP? What a dumbass!
Actually you're the one who is wrong.

Camaro® ZL® 427HP Base Package

SLP ☐PowerFlo® or ☐Loudmouth II® Axle-Back Exhaust System (Select 1)
SLP Blackwing® Cold Air Induction System
SLP PCM Reprogrammer with Custom Tune
25% Under Drive Pulley/Balancer
Heritage-Style SS® Badging for Grille and Rear Tail Light Panel *GM Official Licensed Product
SLP Front Grille Insert; provides landing pad for SS® badging
HP Hood Cowl Graphics in ☐ Red/Black ☐ White/Black ☐ Red/White (Select 1)
Rear Tail Light Panel Decal in Gloss Black
Rear 1/4 Panel Gill Insert Graphics in Gloss Black
Three ZL427 Three-Dimensional Exterior Body Badges
ZL Wheel Center Caps (For Stock GM Wheels)
ZL Embroidered Premium Front Floor Mats
SLP Specialty Vehicle Dash Plaque (1) and Key Fobs (2)
Leather(Faux) Bound Portfolio, Owner’s Manual & Window Sticker
5 Year/100,000 Mile Powertrain Warranty

http://slpcars.com/?page_id=639
Rwarchol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #54
Z28Taxman

Drives: Black 99 Z28 Black '10 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBiker View Post
No lies from my dealer either, he stated: "I can tell you have done your research, so you know more about ordering this car's options than I do". I give to his honesty.
My dealer said the same thing. Followed by just tell me what you want and I'll check the boxes. It took less than 5 minutes to complete the order. Then 3 months of waiting for it to arrive.

99 Black Z28
'10 Black 2SS/RS on order 7/3/09, Delivered 9/21
Z28Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote